Is there any way to fix his design to make him a bit more recognizable and interesting...

Is there any way to fix his design to make him a bit more recognizable and interesting? I like his armor and he looks cool but I think he looks a bit too bland and generic overall, JLU and Azz's WW run are the closest he's gotten to having a genuine distinctive design in my opinion.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.br/search?q=evil armor&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt46XtxJ3SAhWJVyYKHSwWBvYQ_AUICCgB&biw=1517&bih=735
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The key thing here is
>in my opinion

And your opinion is clearly shit.

Thanks for bumping the thread user.

I'm not sure. Maybe make the helmet more distinct and pronounced.

Azzarello's War.

That's it.

Also use Azzarello's everything else also. Pretty much everything he touched became its best incarnation by default. Except maybe the New Gods, but it was still a good portrayal, it's just hard to beat the master at his own game.

It's the best costume he had.

are you really trying to tell me his design is distinct and interesting? Greek armor is tight as shit and I love it to death but he looks like a generic evil greek knight.

I would say getting rid of the helmet altogether or make his facial features more visible becasue those have always been cool to be honest. I'm not sure what hiding his face completely accomplishes

Ares is supposed to be a greek war god not a crime lord with ufo skin like az run.

Well you have to admit, he did create some interesting designs for the greek pantheon. War went from a dark souls boss to a old war vet sick of this shit

WW should just ditch the whole greek pantheon. It reeks of creative bankruptcy and unoriginality.

All you need for Ares is greek/roman armor, helmet with a mohawk crest and a gladius. Horns can go.

A good start would be changing the outfit's color so it doesn't look like Ares shops at ancient greece's hot topic. Slap some bronze or gold on that armor. Red for the cape and plume. Armor, especially on the legs and arms, that are shaped like skulls will never look good.

Oh boy, is it time once again for another "I've never read Wonder Woman but here's how to fix her!!" thread?

I don't think this faggot is joking..

I agree, I feel like it would benefit from looking like a legit greek armor instead of an obvious "evil" greek armor.

>inb4 someone suggests Rucka's "god of conflict"

That was shit, pure shit, everything Rucka did with the gods was shit. That wasn't the strength of his run.

>are you really trying to tell me his design is distinct and interesting?

He looks like a fucking war god. Guess what? He IS a fucking war god.

I personally like Marvel's Ares design. Muscle cuirass, leather, studs. With a bit of tacti-cool thrown in just for fun.

he looks like a greek knight that turned to the dark side.

I like that design too to be honest, it's why I like the "young" Ares design in Azzarelo's run.

No he doesn't. War gods should look like fucking warriors. Ares looks like something out of a 14 year old's wet dream

Post crisis mars

How many other people in the DCU wear black Greek armor?

Some times, Hades.

I don't mean in the DCU I mean in general, his design is kind of meh overall.

He looks like an action figure.

This Ares looks like a nameless MOOK from an actual god.

How would you design him Sup Forums?

Personaly, I would go for a more hopilite look, similar to Marvel Ares....

Or Azz Ares...

Or make him wear a mix of armors from multiple european cultures.

I don't like Marvel Ares design that much, but his design is way more recognizable/defined

This mix between Perez' Ares and Chiang's Ares would be great

Shame they never went with it, not even in the comics

Hire the author of Kill Six Billion Demons to do it.

I'm sure he could be bothered to try his hand at Greek mythology instead of Heavy Metal Eastern and Christian motifs if you made it worth his while.

The skirt definitely has to go though. It makes Ares look fat.

Ares blue armor is the best what are you smoking

I dunno OP, Ares is cool lookin already

I really don't understand how he looks like a mook. He's got glowing red eyes, he's enormous, he's usually surrounded by smoke and darkness. He looks pretty much like how I'd imagine Ares looking.

OP is just an Azz fag. It's the only Wonder Woman he's ever read and he's just butthurt that it's over.

That's a really generic way to design a villain.

He's just a blue scary man in armor with red eyes because he's evil. Like a fucking toy.

I don't know why Sup Forums feels the need to discuss one of the best supporting characters for "kinnikuman" (ultimate muscle), but the character could probably benefit from a few more classic wrestling maneuvers.

and yes, I know this is actually Ares. he could still benefit from getting into a few fights and legitimately employing Greek wrestling as a skill set.

Funnily enough in actual Greek iconography Ares frequently goes without armor as he personifies the violence and barbarism of war as opposed to Athena, who is regularly depicted in armor or shielded, who personifies strategy and leadership.

He looks like the generic evil knight, like the movie Sauron, the Overlord in Overlord, countless bosses in videogames and illustrations in RPG handbooks.

I'd love it if they went with that look.

12 feet tall with his dick out. Fund it.

I feel like enough isn't made in DC of Ares and Athena's conflict. It was a big fucking deal to the Greeks, the two halves of warfare, how it could be both enlightening and horrific. I know Rucka played with their relationship a little, but I think there's fodder for more stories, especially because both gods have such an intimate relationship with Diana.

>Writte "Evil Armor" on Google
>Tons of pics that look exactly like Ares

google.com.br/search?q=evil armor&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjt46XtxJ3SAhWJVyYKHSwWBvYQ_AUICCgB&biw=1517&bih=735

>Funnily enough in actual Greek iconography Ares frequently goes without armor as he personifies the violence and barbarism of war as opposed to Athena, who is regularly depicted in armor or shielded, who personifies strategy and leadership.

On the other side, THIS is cool, could go for something like

He's a comic book character. They're suppose to look like action figures. Are you fucking stupid?

>Like a fucking toy.

Athena forbid!

WW is bland as a franchise and having it based around an already-established mythology does not help it. Nothing can be fixed.

Delete him. Ares ruins everything he's in

Ares should make you think "Oh fuck this nigger is CRAZY"
Like he's about to go into a berserker rage and fuck shit up. Anyone. It doesn't matter. He stubs his toe, whoops, he's now has a necklace of ears from everyone around him for 10 miles.

The closed helmet is the opposite of that.
He should have an open helmet or no helmet at all.
You should be able to see his teeth and eyes clearly, and they're big and wild.

Long hair, raggedy beard. Bloody armour
Maybe his hands are stained permanently red.

This. I don't read Wonder Woman for somebody's gay ass God of War fanfic.

>dime-a-dozen DnD armor
>distinctive

Samefag

I dare you to call this a shop.

>dozen's of Superman action figures
>not one smiling
America hates being cheerful

He does look like Robin Mask.

Don't action figures have usually a neutral expression?

I see what you mean but a lot of them look straight up pissed when I inspected them more, that one in the middle looks like you just bad mouthed Martha Kent and he's about to unleash the Doomsday treatment on ya.

It's a shop. Retard.

If you're the OP of a thread it shows up as OP retard.

>If you're the OP of a thread it shows up as OP retard.
close but not exactly.

Azz and Chiang had already done that. But it was retconned 'cause "not muh"

IDK, but taking the Marvel route is sadly out of the question.

That was a great mini.

nope, too late

they should just reboot

Caps in armor look bad.

Give him a Corinthian helmet
It looks like the glans of a penis, he's constantly at odds with an entirely female civilisation, it just makes sense.
You can have him wear it down in battle and resting on his head when you want to show him being menacing behind the scenes.

I liked his design in Azz & Chaing's WW. Not what you'd expect but it makes sense the more you think about it.

Ares shouldn't look like a generic villain.

Who would listen to this guy? He needs to be more deceitful and covert about what he is.

It makes sense within the context of Azz's story, but it may not be where DC wants to take the character.

The young, buffed-up version of Azz's Ares, on the other hand, is a great design that could definitely be reused.

The only problem with this design is the barefoot, bloody feet. Other than that I like the idea of Ares being an old warrior whos tired of this shit. If you want a more "battle ready" Ares, ditch the armor and just cover him in scars.

Well Ares is pretty generic.

>Another not muh faggot has to go out of his way to shit on Azz's run when there are half a dozen worse runs
Its literally an elseworlds now, get over it

I'm jist gonna come out and say it.
>AZZ not making Athena into the tired old sick ofthis shit war vet/ Diana's mentor was sexist.

How exactly is that sexist
actually, don't answer that. Just end yourself.

Yeah but as the God of Wisdom, Athena had more going for her than the God of War. Ares is the fucked up war vet who drinks away the pain, Athena is the one who made something of herself after getting out of the Shit.

They're basically Goofus and Gallant.

That makes me picture Ares as a berserker covered in scars with a huge mane of hair. Probably red, possibly on fire. And maybe the scars are glowing too because why not.

And that's already cooler than a big guy in armor.

I didn't believe it at first but holy shit ares design really is just the cliche template for evil armour,I can't see how anyone could defend this

>I like the idea of Ares being an old warrior whos tired of this shit.
I don't, mainly cause painting him as a warrior glorifies him way too much. He isn't a warrior, he's a warmonger. He doesn't fight in the trenches but instead sells the machine guns and gases that cuts and chokes the boys who go over.

The thing is his design is so generic that if you saw the picture by itself with no context most would not be able to tell what company its from, let alone what character it is. Most would probably think it was concept art of a generic enemy from some old video game.

It's part of the problem with Wondy villains. They're very boring looking. Cheetah is... a giant cheetah-woman. She's a furry's wet dream but not really scary. Circe was just a huge slut and I hope to God Rucka and Scott give her a redesign. If you're going to push her as Diana's "Lex/Joker" she needs to have a REALLY good design not look like a whore. Black Manta and Reverse-Flash Thawne have really good designs.

He chooses a male villain to be Wonder woman's mentor instead of Wonder Woman's actual patron goddess.

>Ares
>Not reveling in the conflict he creates
While true Ares loves to stoke the fires of war and reap the spoils, you got to admit the man would step in if it was worth his time/energy. I suppose you could chalk up the old warrior version as Ares in downtime between schemes

Athena is the war goddess who was actually worth a damn. Ares was a bitch ass nigga who went crying to daddy when things got too hairy.

Yeah but he was designed in the 1980s so it wasn't as prevalent back then

Fuck off back to tumblr you faggot.

That's not sexist, calling you a dumb slut that doesn't know what she's talking about is sexist.

>when some spartan scum starts talking shit about your patron goddess.
Athena is the goddes of (War)Craft and is clearly the better god of war to teach Diana the ropes.

What's sexist is that you assume only Women care about sexism.

From the thumb I thot he was Captain Rhinoceros Beetle.

That's literally what I just said.

Honestly, I wouldn't begrudge Ares the chance to mentor his own Daughter.

You mean granddaughter

So he's an archetype.

Is this something from the new Rucka run? She was his half-sister in Azzarello's version.

In the classical myths Hippolyta is the daughter of Ares.