DUNE

>denis vileneue, director of blade runner 2049, turns down offer to direct the next bond film because he wants to remake dune

Jesus the balls on this guy.

>I'm going to make the greatest kino sci-fi films ever made, that are going to lose money because they aren't mainstream

/ourguy/

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/blade-runner-2049-losses-could-hit-80-million-producer-alcon-1055855
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bond has always been shit so good for him.

>>denis vileneue, director of blade runner 2049, turns down offer to direct the next bond film because he wants to remake dune
Well he was already signed up for Dune long before Bond, what do you want him to do?

ish yo boi Denny V.

>kino
This guy really is the new nolan
he's getting all the videogame /r/movie drones hot and bothered

Blade Runner flopped, I don't think they will let him make the Dune movie he wants.

This

Deni also known as kino-a-year-guy

What's your source for this info, other than your autistic mind?

Which studio has the DUNE movie rights?

legendary entertainment i think...

He failed with Blade Runner.
What makes you so sure he isn't going to make a mockery of Dune next?

I just don't see how a Dune film can be well made and profitable at the same time, especially today.
The appeal for it from the general public is almost non existent

how did he fail exactly?

How did he fail with Blade Runner exactly? It's literally one of the best sequels ever made.

He didn't fail he made once in a lifetime miracle movie. The producers were out of their minds to give him 150 million for what's essentially an art movie.

The movie is a financial flop faggot, it needed 400 million in order to be considered a win. It will make 250 million.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/blade-runner-2049-losses-could-hit-80-million-producer-alcon-1055855

Then they will give the budget movie needs

BR2049 lost money because it was mediocre. Look at fucking Arrival, a film your toy boy Villeneuve directed. It grossed over 200 million, and it's hardly mainstream science fiction.

SomnusInterruptus is a brainlet pleb that thinks 2049 is KINOXD

Nothing in that link says anything about Dune. Try again, amerimongrel babby.

>BR2049 lost money because it was mediocre
If it was mediocre it would make a billion. But it was not mediocre, it was way ahead of anything what's "mediocre" today so the general public was taken aback by it

Fuck. I am hyped.

How come there are even that much Dune fans here? You all read and enjoyed the book?
It seems a bit niche to me, guess I was wrong

Villeneuve needs to fuck off from cinema. At this rate he'll ruin pretty much every franchise he attaches his name to.

i can't even finish asoif books and i really enjoy then. isnt the dune series like 20 books long?

imagine

this, I went to see Geostorm with the mom and people were fucking crying at Gerard Butler's fake out death, unbelievable

>Bond
>his movies has to be compared to multiple acclaimed movies

>Dune
>only competitor is the worst Lynch movie that even Lynch hates

>he wants to remake dune

oh fuck no. anyone but this hack. I'd even take a dune remake by edgar wright instead.

well he's officially the "soulless cashgrab" guy.

pls tell me this is bait

There's also the Sci-Fi series that probably 10 people watched

>BRRRRRM2049 is a once-in-a-lifetime art movie that's essentially a miracle

yes user, making a remake of Dune is certainly a "cashgrab", normies will flock to it no doubt right?

They knew it would bomb, but sometimes you have to produce a flop to bring ballance to the universe.

If they'll market it as a sci-fi version of GoT with sand instead of snow - it will gross alright

Only six books in the Dune series. Don't bother with anything written by his son.

If Blade Runner 2049 is any indication, he's going to fuck Dune up as well. His directorial style doesn't lend itself well to making sci-fi films like Blade Runner or Dune. He basically turned Blade Runner into capeshit.

I unironically think Nolan would be the perfect director for a James Bond film. Spectacular action set pieces, technically well executed grand visuals and non stop meme one liners from Hardy who would obviously play James Bond. It would be glorious, just like the plane scene in TDKR, just here that's the entire goddamn movie.
Would pay big money for it to happen.

Yes.
>they finally made a movie I can "know" Dune now.

Elaborate.

I CAN FEEL IT
SEE IT

Oh, I didn't know it was that bad. Holy shit.

I remember an user years back that said desert is not an attractive place and desert themed movies flop, like John Carter and Sahara. I've been thinking about that, Fury Road didn't make much money either

I asked you to elaborate on your statement first.
It's a great sequel because it expands on literally every single subject matter of the original and it does not constrict the original in any way, the original stays exactly the same.
Some scenes even make the original better, like the Rachel eye color scene which fixed the continuation error of the original.

Honestly, fucking kill yourself please

it would be cool if he did it, but it wouldn't be the best use of his time. just let him continue to do whatever tickles his fancy in that particular moment and he will come out with something good. fuck man of steel though.

Yes, but you should only read up till God Emperor of Dune.

Thankfully, wikipedia recounts all the nonsense that goes on in those extraneous books. If you're feeling a bit masochistic, give it a look and have a befuddled laugh or two.

Incidentally, I would totally read Trannies of Dune 2.

He just produced Man of Steel my man

he wrote it my man.

>i'm going to make shit films that lose the studios money because nobody wants to see them, but it's okay because a bunch of underage faggots on the internet will call it "kino"

jesus christ, no wonder he's reddit's flavor of the month director

He just helped Goyer with basing the story, the actual screenplay is written entirely by Goyer himself

>redditspacing and lowercaseposting
>complains about reddit
Projection: The Post

That's bullshit though.
Fury Road grossed x2,5 it's budget
Hell, even fucking Clash of Titans 2 doubled it's budget

Fury Road was one big log action setpiece. Good action at that, well directed. How are people surprised that it did well at the box office

>Villenueve
>good
Maybe if you like Nolan, Tarantino, and John Wick. Plebs.

>a cheeto in humanoid form
toppest jej. fucking Breaking Brainlets BTFO'd

I wish. That would be amazing!

How the hell does he have anything in common with any of those?
And talk about his work, not meaningless buzzwords about the "audience"

>Spectacular action set pieces

You clearly did not watch the movie. Shut the fuck up, dumb idiot.

That's just poor close quarter choreography, I meant the technical execution of set pieces like the plane scene (yeah the writing is absurd) and similar grand scenes in TDK, Inception or Interstellar

It's clear as day to anyone who's cared about movies for more than 4-6 months. He makes superficial movies that very very much so try hard to appear "deep" and 'artistic." Exactly like Nolan.

That's why the Sup Forums/r/movie demographic likes Villenueve--15-30 yo semi-edgy males identify with pretend art. It's easy because it requires little thought or education to process a Nolan/Villenueve flick, but makes you feel smarter than the stupid normies!

There are huge differences between actual great directors, and the Nolans and Villenueves of the world.

I said say what's similar in the execution of their work, not meaningless buzzwords about their "audience".
And you did just that, bravo my dear brainless friend.

lol fag

lol no one cares what you think, you shit taste pleb. Go back to r/movies or a Nolan/capeshit thread where Villenueve threads belong
>you didn't do what I said
lmao

>already made reddit: the film 3-4 times
>wants to make another reddit turd
wow so surprising

So what you mean is he can hire people to put together something impressive and then fuck it up with his directing?

>user literally has zero actual arguments
>"lmaooo who cares it's shit you pleb haha g-go back"
Embarassing.

Ded-a-chek

Yes, something like that.
Still, almost no other director would actually drop half of a plane in Ireland just for a single shot or flip an entire truck on the streets of Chicago or run a train through downtown LA etc

I am a bit deader inside, now

>all these days
>still this buttmad
imagine being this guy

Good. Bond has always been laughable garbage for plebs.

Dune will suck. Screencap this.

>user literally imagines things, then writes them in greentext
>shitty reading comprehension
>actually thinks Villenueve is good
you're much more embarrassing

Enjoying a Friday night of cheetos and Mt. Dew rewatching ebic kinos like Sicario and Arrival? Enjoy never touching a woman of a healthy weight, captain fedora

I am seeing now two, on with fantastic legs and another is a runner.
Sorry mr. Projection.

>Villenueve manchild can't write proper English
So you're a third worlder, poor, AND you have fedora taste. I'm sorry bro. Maybe reincarnation is real and you'll get to live your next life as a non-animal.

No.

How does this guy get away with so much dishonesty?

Italian in USA.
I am writing in a hurry. I can communicate in 5 languages albeit only my native language is spoken and spelled correctly.
Sei un triste e patetico ometto.

Third worlders and 15-30 yos don't know any better. Same reason tarantino movies, Star Wars, etc. make billions.

I think that the first three books work well together as a trilogy.

He made one of the greatest sequels ever, fuck off

Dude, you have issues. This being this livid toward a movi and those who like it, is not normal.

Why does /r/bladerunner keep posting here?

So you ARE a third worlder. Did you think your post somehow dispelled that? LMAO.

Do most Italians have trashy taste too? jk lol, that's rhetorical. I'll wait while you research what these sentences mean. I know it'll take a while for a 3d world brain to process.

Good luck

Bond has been shit for a decade now, if anything he's smart for distancing himself from that

Imagine having such a strong vendetta against a good sci-fi movie to be reduced to do this.
Just imagine.

Dude, you have shit taste, coming to Sup Forums and sperging out about how good some obviously mediocre director/movie is.

What's with all the artificial hate for Villeneuve here?
>Reddit
>Dishonest
>Cheeto dust
I keep seeing this shit

this, I hope he never does one actually. even the best bond isn't kino.

This is just not true. I am an educated person and Italian cinema has an excellent history. Some is known in USA, other parts would be difficult to understand for an American for cultural reason.
Also, even the "underclass" in Europe is generally way better educated than your middle class.

they should just make god emperor... all the coolest shit frank herbert ever wrote is in god emperor, dune and the 2 sequels before god just set the stage for context.

For Dune, I prefer another director.

If you don't want to get caught don't post things from there with ways to track it back. I've read through your threads there and you're spouting exactly the same pleb shit there as you are here, but you're trying to pass it off as "Sup Forums"

My head cannon says this guy just saw Bats and said fuck it and acted like he was taken out.