Which of those two is a better WWII kino?

Which of those two is a better WWII kino?

Dunkirk

Letters from Iwo Jima is better than both, Saving Private Ryan is so fucking boring.

>of those two

SPR: flick
TRL: kino

Saving Private Ryan, nothing beats the Normandy Opening and end fight
TRL is pretty awesome too, but with too much esoteric bullshit

Thin Red Line, not even close.

Thin Red Line is true kino
Saving Private Ryan is a good movie but it doesn't even come close to being kino

Thin Red Line is boring as hell apart from the initial landing and that scene when they raze the village.
SPR has a shitload of memorable moments.

They're both ⭐⭐⭐1/2 out of ⭐⭐⭐⭐

unga bunga red line movie bad to bore to long to phil-oh-sofikel

t.brainlet

Protip: Soldiers don't have deep, profound thoughts like they do 99% of the time in The Thin Red Line.

source?

not him

I'm pretty sure in combat the thoughts are closer to "fuck, fuck, shit, fuck!" than to anything else

The Thin Red Line and Hacksaw Ridge are WWII kino.
SPR is a shit flick.

Don't even mention hacksaw ridge next to thin red line you fucking pleb

>Hacksaw Ridge
ecept you have to skip the entire first hour or at least everything before the boot camp

That's untrue.

You're thinking of career soldiers.

A great counterexample is Ludwig Wittgenstein.normal people, and profound thinkers, were equally susceptible to conscription.

Shakespeare in Love according to the oscars

TTRL is better.

Thin Red obviously

Underrated post

SPR: 7/10
TRL: 9.5/10

honestly a majority of hand written accounts of war in WW1 and 2 typically have some philosophy in them

I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. How could you not have an existential crisis when you and strangers are trying to kill each other. Knowing the "Why?" and "For what?" is important, especially when faced with the prospect of death.

well this than there's alsothe fact that you need a certain level of safety to be able to write in the first place, so that's different
second, people who write down there thoughts probably are more educated in general

Not even sure why people are arguing about this considering there were plenty of dumbfucks in the thin red line

TNR was too fucking pretentious

>ywn serve with wittgenstein
>ywn jerk him off as he thinks of numbers

t. brainlet

this

reminder that anyone who says shit like "thin red line is pretentious/boring/esoteric" are women

left

You can't compare the two. Saving Private Ryan is a flick, whereas Thin Red Line is kinography.

TRL is amazing and Sup Forums still finds a way to over-rate it.

nobody has overrated it ITT, seems appropriately rated.

Letters from Iwo Jima is better than TRL

Thin red line is cinema, not kino.

congratulations, you're both meme spurting retards without actual opnions

nah that's just the contrarian's choice

This.

not WW2, stop baiting

that's one of my favorite movies
I'll fite u irl

Stalingrad.
germans do it better.

Saving Private Ryan was typical Spielberg in the way he tried to wrap up everything neatly at the end so you wouldnt have to think about it anymore because instead 9 soldiers killed 1000 00000 00000 germans

The thin red line is pretty good, saving private Ryan is total Spielberg crap.

Both were pretty mediocre but SPR had a better opening, so I would go with it

TRL is average Malick tryhard bullshit which will never come close to true war kino such as Ivan's Childhood, and SPR had a ridiculous end fight which kinda spoiled the whole movie

The Thin Red Line even though it comes dangerously close to being pretentious.