Is this really as bad as the shitposting I witnessed while it was airing made it seem...

Is this really as bad as the shitposting I witnessed while it was airing made it seem? Just finished S1 and want more if this is similar in any way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8sN_YtynITo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw no ani gf

farrel plot is the only good one

The creator really really hated the fans and it shows in season 2

A lot of people compared this season with previous one. First one was superior to second one but how can you compare occult and cop drama?

the first one is a tragedy, the second one is a comedy

nothing will ever be as good as S1 ever again

I'm convinced pizza had a story about Ray and Frank in mind but HBO wanted women and gays included. That's why their characters suck so bad.

>not gay cop

It's not similar in any way. Gone are the fantastic performances, the dark, immersive atmosphere, the gorgeous cinematography, the impressive direction....

If it didn't have the same writer I wouldn't have connected the two seasons as being the same show at all.

too many characters and plotlines that are crap, but hilarious memes

farrel is hilarious

mcadams is HOT

it's not as people will lead you to believe. its biggest crime is not living up to the first season in quality or weird supernatural stuff.

also, vince vaughn's character is one of the most absurd characters in a serious tv show.

I want to fuck Rachel McAdams balls deep

Final episode was kino

It was pretty flawed but it didn't deserve nearly the amount of shit it got

>tfw iwn give her my girthy benis

>If you ever bully or hurt anybody again, I'll come back and butt fuck your father with your mom's headless corpse on this goddamn lawn

S1: 9/10
S2: 4/10

Felt like entirely different writer.

It's not like season 1. It's a new season in the anthology vein. But if you really like True Detective, you can enjoy the season for what it is rather than comparing it to S1. S2 isn't on the same level but on it's own it's better than a lot of shows and definitely not as bad as everyone said it was.

It's the ocmplete opposite for me, s1 felt contrived all the way through: pointlessly convoluted plot (played out perfectly, but still), absolutely unrealistic characters, terrible dialogue etc

Nah. It's classic Pizza writing, but he didn't plagiarize stuff like he did in S1. I'm not even saying that's a bad thing, because what he chose to cop made some of the best television in at least a decade if not longer.

It's the best tv show in years
>the first one is a tragedy, the second one is a comedy
The second one is an actual 'tragedy'
inb4 "BECAUSE IT'S SO SHIT HUHHUHUHUH
>That's why their characters suck so bad.
They don't, and each fit in with the other's.
>Gone are the fantastic performances
Farrel and Vaughan give the best performances of their careers
>the dark, immersive atmosphere
The biggest complain about season 2 (other than "It's different") is that it's 'too dark'
>or weird supernatural stuff.
It actually has more of that
youtube.com/watch?v=8sN_YtynITo

Nope. Season 2 is 90% shit. Not worth watching at all.

>Farrel and Vaughan give the best performances of their careers
For what it's worth, Kitsch gives his best performance as well.