Is Pendleton Ward going to make Adventure Time movie? If AT team is unsure if it's going to happen...

Is Pendleton Ward going to make Adventure Time movie? If AT team is unsure if it's going to happen, the final episode of the show may be a mess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pp6CK6f80rs
youtu.be/RrwLI-oNrNk
youtube.com/watch?v=WI0mSEzttx8
youtube.com/watch?v=807Jnf4rBwM
youtu.be/eEzaW2Emcwc
youtu.be/jlNfEnYj5Kk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty sure the movie is dead. It's been like two years since we heard anything about it. I think the last few episodes are gonna be crazy regardless.

no 1h30m movie about lesbians pls i want finn doing the smacking around for a change

>still even slightly believing that we're getting a theatrical movie after TWO YEARS of silence
You're kidding me, right?

Is he a good showrunner?

>two years since the announcement
Where the hell did the time go?

Its either not happening, or being repurposed into the series finale and will just be a TV movie

This episode was funny

Movie was going to be made by Warner Animation Group. It's nowhere on their upcoming slate which is announced through 2020. The people making the show have said the show's finale is a true finale. If the movie is made it either has to be an extremely standalone Finn/Jake adventure or a fullon reboot but honestly it's dead.

Sucks the movie is basically dead.
I don't like the series anymore, but it would've been cool to finally see a 2D movie in theaters again

>it would've been cool to finally see a 2D movie in theaters again
This. When the movie was first announced, I imagined how beautiful it could look on a bigger, more cinematic budget (unlike Regular Show's TV movie). It really sucks to see the idea slowly die out, proving that Pen's absence from the show was all for nothing.

I think he's done a good job.

It would've been the first CN theatrical movie since PPG right?

Real shame it likely isn't happening, it would have been really nice if the show that revitalized CN could have done an awesome, well animated movie, even if it was non canon or whatever.

Yep. I still wonder why the PPG film flopped so hard, it was really good.

Isn't he a bubbline fan?

>unlike Regular Show's TV movie
it was literally nothing special, jg wanted a movie but they told him to use in-season episode slots and the budget was no different, just each episode budget for each part

Man, CN is a bunch of cheap asses...

Better than nothing I guess, even if the animation didn't get an upgrade, I still liked the RS movie

My only disappointment with Regular Show's movie is that it wasn't titled "Regular Movie"

When it comes to working on the show Muto is pretty damn good. He was one of the best boarders back in the day and is pretty good at drawing and writing, and he's been Pen's right hand man basically since the pilot, so if anyone was gonna be showrunner I couldn't see it being anyone other than Muto.

But I don't know if he's been doing a good job, mostly because it's hard to tell what exactly a showrunner does on something like AT. It mostly seems like the show is just the storyboarders doing their own thing in individual episodes, so what does Muto even do? Just make sure they don't fuck things up when it comes to the episodes that are in an arc? If he was the one responsible for the shift in tone in things like season 6 I can't really say I'm a fan, but it's hard to tell if that was something he actually did.

I can't say much definitely about Muto as showrunner but I like most of what he's done in general and he seems like a decent guy so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

the real question is, after the end of AT leaves us bitter and blueballed, what abortion will CN put forth to replace it?

will we enter another "wasteland of content" era again?

Well, there's still Steven Universe, but I don't imagine it will be around much longer. It'll most likely end around Season 5 or 6.

Summer Camp Island is definitely not gonna replace it.
It looks too childish..

He and Rebecca Sugar worked closely together, what happened to them? Why did she leave

Wasn't Muto the one who animated AT's original Cartoon Network Studios pencil test before CN temporarily changed them to lazily edited footage from a random episode of each respective show?

They originally told JG it would be a 40 minute special, he urged for a feature length version

RS was hated by the network after it's initial blast of popularity, and it shows. It's a wonder why they let it last so long, maybe it just barely continued to slip by, or maybe they just liked fucking with JG

She did her part on AT and got her chance to do her own thing, I don't think anyone can be angry that she tried to make her own show. I'd probably do the same.

And the impression I got from her and Muto was mostly just that they were co-boarders who had a pretty powerful synergy, but nothing much past that. Seemed like a professional relationship and that's all. I think I remember Rebecca saying that Muto really helped her improve on her drawing/storytelling skills so that's sweet.

Don't remember exactly what that thing was, but Muto was one of the dudes who worked on the pilot with Pen I'm pretty sure.

Are you talking about the CN logos for each show? AT's has Finn pushing Jake's nose and Jake blows up all big, and that was pretty charming, so if that was Muto then good man. CN doesn't show those anymore? That's a shame.

I'm still amazed it got an actual ending to the series. Not many shows get that, especially if the network doesn't seem to care about it

I'm just confused as to how so many Regular Show boarders stepped forth to create their own pilots, yet all we have from AT veterans are Julia Pott's Summer Camp Island and Elizabeth Ito's Welcome to My Life (which we'll probably never get to see).

Did RS get that? I just remember the laughing scene being used.

AT's alumni has Steven Universe and Clarence, also Bee and Puppycat (even though that was a pile of shit).

Did Clarence have a pilot? I guess not.
There's also Jesse Monyihan's thing, pretty sure he made a pilot for that.

>CN doesn't show [the CN logos] anymore?
Ever since Steven Universe premiered with its own pencil test logo, all following shows have continued the revival.

I think at being raped by all sides shows why american animation is about money and not substance.

Nope. Adventure Time's unique b/c it marks the bridge between the original Cartoon Network logo and the current one that was introduced during the "Check It" era.

What do you think RS's pencil test could've been if it ever had the chance of getting one? The show premiered a few months too late.

HOLY SHIT! That art style looks unique and Elizabeth Ito's gotta be pretty bold for trying that out. Is there any footage of the pilot anywhere?

Hmm. Maybe Mordecai and Rigby playing rock paper scissors and Rigby loses and does something pissy which leads to the logo transition.

When do you think CN will rebrand again? Will the logo be even more boring?

I love that they also take greater liberties with these logos now. Clarence's used a whole other type of media, and WBB has two distinct logos (one for regular episodes, and one for the occasional Baby Bears episodes).

That sucks big time, and I think the pencil test could've been a smooth "woooaaahhh!!" arm wave, or them doing an 80s jam with the power and some other instrument

What episode is this from?

Don't Look, season 7 banger

Two years is nothing in movie production time. A project isn't dead until it's announced dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=pp6CK6f80rs
It's so crazy to think back to 2010 when it was still called Adventure Time with Finn & Jake and used the previous CN logo.

I always wished they kept the "With Finn and Jake" part, helps round out the title and give it more character. Looked nicer on the title cards too.

I saw a screenshot of an ealry RS episode that had the old logo, it was black with white outines, it was probably international, but it was in the bottom right hand corner like in the US

Not allowed to, CN used distribution rules, had to keep the name of the series in it for clarity.

It was all for naught though, because the movie wasn't distributed in the ways it'd have to be to follow those rules

By the time the show ends early next year, a theatrical film won't even seem relevant to the general public, not that it'd seem relevant even now. Everybody's forgotten about AT, unfortunately.

>Is Pendleton Ward going to make Adventure Time movie?

Does Pendleton Ward even know what the fuck is going on in Adveture Time?

and back when 360p was the highest possible video quality on Cartoon Network's official YouTube channel

Fucking hell, it's a golden opportunity ruined by retardation.. What are the distribution ways?

It really seems close to a "kid simpsons" thing now, just the writers using it for themselves.

I've been asking that same question for the longest time, user. The guy's been livin' it up in his VR fantasies.

It sucks they haven't had Finn say ADVENTURE TIME in awhile but they'll probably bring it back in the finale for cheap feels.

didn't he check out a long time ago

That had already gotten old in the first season, I'm glad they dropped it.

>one week from now, it'll have been officially two years of cruel silence

they did, they went to dimensional era.

Whoops. Guess I forgot about Rebecca Sugar and Skyler Page. I must've mainly been focusing on pilots from AT alumni that hadn't been greenlit.

And, yes; Clarence did have a pilot. It was later expanded into a full episode the same way Regular Show did with "First Day".

Jesse & Justin Moynihan's Manly was created for Cartoon Hangover, a completely different deal.

2 Y E A R S
CAKE VA PARTY PIC

its canned

I thought Islands was the movie, and it was just reworked into a mini series.

Yea, it had a very stand-alone approach, nothing mattered in the end presumably, since status quo was returned, only for a "it'll come back later" thing.

But by 2 years ago this was probably already in enough development to know whether or not it'd be a movie or miniseries. They'd have to be deadset and sure by the announcement that it was the true decision.

It was his creation along with Rebecca Sugar.

>2010
More like the first 10 episodes. They dropped the "with Finn and Jake" part mid season 1

That just makes him better.

>everyone's forgotten
No, CN isn't putting any effort to promote it on TV. Sup Forums doesn't represent the entire internet, and AT's ratings are a little below SU's, and both are 1,000,000±20,000 in ratings. CN producing a theatrical release would flop because their demographics won't pay to see a movie: 6 year olds.

He's a fucking storyboard artist for season 8.

>20,000
200,000*

This post is a little unclear, CN has been dropping in ratings ever since TTG came on, and AT & RS stopped getting reruns. Their top shows during 2014 would get 2,000,000±250,000 on average. Now their best shows are about half that. CN isn't as popular, it's not so much an AT movie, it's a CN movie. And a CN movie isn't going to do well regardless.

Sugar didn't do shit. At the time she was on the show Marceline's VA jokingly commented on how her and the staff never imagined to see her character and PB as a couple until the fans started mentioning it

This. The day will come when I get to drink the tears of Fubblefags. It will be glorious. Albeit it won't be as fun because all of the rational ones lost hope about last year

>sugar didn't do shit
>t. user that has no fucking idea what he's talking about
youtu.be/RrwLI-oNrNk

>voice actors know fuck all on what is happening in the show
Olivia also didn't even know that fucking Stakes was even a thing a week before voice recording.

I know that episode user, it was one of my favourites. I don't see any implied lesbianship, although this is the kind of thing fans clinged onto to push Bubbline

>he didn't read the video description
>I don't see any implied lesbianism
Well because it's subtext, not text. It only suggests that they had a past relationship. And the ones that worked on the episode never stated they were just friends, so don't declare that they undoubtedly are, when there exists evidence that suggests there's more.

The description that says it's open to speculation?

Well it's unfair to say they don't know anything, but it is fair to say they aren't the people you go to when you have questions about production of the show.

Exactly, they're delibrately leaving open to interpretation. And if you look closely it says that Adam and Rebecca drew concepts for the episode. Rebecca wrote the fucking song. How can you say she did nothing for bubbline? It was her's along with Adam's creation.

I like to think that they were never in a committed relationship, and that they were just really close friends. But also that there were maybe some romantic feelings bubbling (heh) under the surface, that never quite came to light.

cancerous ship is cancer

but SU is nowhere near as good as AT

Is that even good?

I really want to know more about this as well

I know it's been beaten to death but that was a beginning of downgraded characters. I don't blame Muto nor Sugar, they actually didn't ruin anything by that idea, I blame people who came after them and went too far. Same shit with Flame Princess really, it was a good idea but then the execution was just terrible. I don't know who is responsible for all that garbage but I'd like to know so I can die in peace.

If you can't see how the writers passive aggressive obsession with bubbeline ruined the show you are a retard

You know what?
Most people would have been mad a t bubbeline for a while but eventually gotten over it
Thing is cartoon Network said no and the show writers and Tumblr couldn't get pass it so now every time Finn and bubblegum talk to each other bubblegum must be a cunt to Finn or dismissive of shit on him in some way and every time Marceline shows up she has to be an over emotional lesbian just so there is no dobut in anyone's mind that bubblegum and Marceline are lesbians for each other even tho they aren't because the network doesn't allow it

To me that killed the show

Yeah, pretty much.

>Marceline VA says in QA that Marceline and PB are lesbians
>Crowd of 30 year old hipsters cheer
>Forced to take it back on Twitter next day
>Marceline doesn't show up in the show for two seasons after
Wow

Really makes you think

I wonder if little kids are more into Fubble than Bubbline

>not okay to joke about things like that

that backpedaling was fucking hilarious

>>not okay to joke about things like that
just proof bubbline fans are fucking assholes

AT should end with either something like
youtube.com/watch?v=WI0mSEzttx8

or just some epic battle concluded with something like
youtube.com/watch?v=807Jnf4rBwM

and then Finn being resurrected and going on adventures till the end of times.

I am not even a big fan of shrek but it could work in something like AT. We definitely need something great for the finale, I hope they didn't make it half assed.

I hope it is, I don't want any obnoxious AT fans spouting how marvelous their finale was and passing it off as an excuse to ignore all the other bullshit, mixed in with MY SHOW WAS BETTER THAN YOURS

Watch it be Finn dying then getting replaced by Fern

>people came after them that went to far
How so? Whom? Adam Muto still wrote and storyboarded just about all of the bubbline episodes.

>character is ruined because they have a best friend of the same sex
Go fucking kill yourself.

>if you don't think the same way as me you're retarded
>no im not going to argue your retarded because you dont agree with me

read
you cant deny it, marceline even got laid off for some time because of WWM fiasco. Watch her earlier episodes and newer ones and compare how her character has changed. Its fucking undeniable that its worse now.

>CN said no to bubbline
[citation needed]

>bubblegum shits on Finn whenever she can
You didn't watch Islands. She has always cared about Finn, for fucks sake she saved his life. She cares about Finn, and the notion that she hates him is supported by what?
youtu.be/eEzaW2Emcwc

>marceline overemotional
She was emotional before she even started hanging out with Bubblegum you fucking retard. And even then, when is she emotional around Bonnibel?
youtu.be/jlNfEnYj5Kk

>to me that killed the show
How so?

>Olivia messes around at the panel
>deletes the tweet
>we'll never know if what she said was true
>forced to take it back
Nice assumption

>doesn't show up for two seasons after
She has mutiple appearances in season 6, and if you are going to tell me she wasn't in season 7 I know for a fact you don't even watch the show

daily reminder to filter ATprofag since he won't fuck off to reddit

>tweet no longer exists
>bubbline proceeds to get shipping fuel
Really makes me think

>Our finale can't be great because user is still triggered about shit from three years ago
Oh piss off, why is that a good show can be "ruined," but a "ruined" show can't be redeemed?
Short answer: you just want to bitch.