Wubba lubba dub dub

Its funny because he said a made up word

Other urls found in this thread:

zitszy.tumblr.com
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature-dependent_sex_determination
youtube.com/watch?v=JbFhwsSAxro
youtube.com/watch?v=r0IwfHdO36Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It wasn't funny, nor was it meant to be.
Notice how Morty isn't smiling.
He's borderline retarded. If even he doesn't find something funny, it's definitely not funny.

Morty never came off as quite as phenomenally stupid as the show often says he is. Though that might have been the intention.

That line is not meant to be funny. Things can be silly without being funny.

Did you get to where you find out what it means?

Counterpoint: He follows Rick around.

Honestly, I can't tell if the whole "Morty being stupid" when he's actually not is an inside joke, like parodying the all male characters are dumb trope or not.

Funny?
It's a cry for help

"I am in great pain, please help me."

>He's borderline retarded.
>Learned the language of and took over the Tree people super quickly
>Figured out how the Parasites worked before even Rick
>Got past Fart's mindreading to kill him
Do you even watch the show?

>I haven't watched the show, yet portions of it taken out of context trigger me, so let's bitch about it

He's depressed as shit.

Considering that he lead the mortys to kill 'evil' rick, has saved rick on multiple occasions/performed arbitray 'jump through these hoops' tasks for him, he's only stupid in the sense that he keeps following him around.

That being said, there's probably an underlying reason for the downpour of criticism. You know, what with Morty having latent murderous intentions, evil Morty even existing, and Rick acknowledging that cocky Mortys are dangerous.

I'm taking a bet on the Ricks meddling to make Mortys stupider than they actually are, a reason that all Ricks hate all Jerrys despite never once stopping him impregnating his daughter, and a little 'fill in the gaps' with evil Morty.

Or they could just ignore the entire thing, and reference it only to mock it.

So, who's hyped for the upcoming Pocket Mortys Comic?

Honestly the whole "wuuba lubba dub dub" bit was dumb. Justin Roland himself said the catchphrase was a made up on the spot shitty thing that was meant to be ironic but the "pay off" at the end of the true words meaning was hamfisted.

We already knew about Rick's self loathing and despite his claims of non-caring, deep love for his family through small but well done natural moments. Having Birdman spell out the entire character depth and motivation at the end was just stupid and I can't tell if the writers expect the audience to be idiots, or they thought that scene truly was more profound then it actually was.

It's not made up

It is not nonsense. At all.

Agreed.
It has a me a little worried about the upcoming season.

It's ok if I think Mortine is a qt?

Morticia.

i love it when people are in pain

Morty is like his dad. A vanilla nobody who's about average who becomes an action hero when the ONLY options are
>Get busy livin'
>Get busy dyin'

Morty has more common sense by being around the extremes, his dad and Rick, and staying between them.

Mortica is cute

All Morties are cute

It happened a whole season ago. Are you high?

Why is it right to left?

It's not an official comic, it's fanmade and the English is a translation from the original which I think was Korean.

That's the thing, he doesn't even hang out with his Dad. No-one in the family does, as if they're all subconsciously aware that he's a piece of shit, even before he loses his job and tries to borrow money from his kids. And as for reasons above, Morty is not only surprisingly clever on occasions, he's quick to the trigger and when put under pressure does some impressive shit. Funnily enough, it's only his self restraint that stops him being forceful.

>just finished the Unity episode
>download Pocket Mortys since I hear it's good
>"Do You Feel It" starts playing in the lab

>Lol his catch phrase means he's sad inside
>such lore

>MAAAAAARTHA
>Oh wow man, I'm so sorry, completely blanked for a second there.
>I didn't go full Frank Miller bullshit did I? That happens when I zone out
>Oh, it's cool, we're buds now, let's go save people.

The fuck are you even going on about?

I'm pointing out there are far worse instances of 'muh lore' or 'muh foreshadowing'

ricky ticky tavi bitch

>Point out something that's shitty
>A-at least they're worse things right?
Who cares? Just because there's a worse example of something doesn't somehow make the other thing less bad.

What is wrong with you?

So something that reflects a character trait we already know about is considered lore? What are the qualifications of lore, anyway?

>reddit and memey

>What are the qualifications of lore, anyway?
A buzzword meaning any general writing.
At least that's how people use it here.

He's just book dumb

How do you catch Morticia?

You just randomly find her while going to different worlds like most other Morty's.

When's the next Comic?
last one I read was the one where Doofus Jerry took over

>Doofus Jerry doesn't have a Jerry Fan Morty
You'd think with his fucked up god complex ego that he'd have at least one

you guys ready for season 3?

>LOOK MORTY IT'S DOLAND DRUMPF, LOL DRUMPF, LOOK HE'S ORANGE AND FAT MORTY, HIS HAIR LOOKS FAKE ALSO HE HATES MEXICANS, WUBBA DUBBA DRUMPF DRUMPF *dmx plays*

I read that in ricks voice and there is nothing you can do to stop me.

>Thinks Sup Forums actually watches cartoons

Next you're gonna tell me Sup Forums reads comics

I wanna eat eyehole rick's eyeholes

You mean Micheal Denny?

Why is there little to no fanart of Jessica? And of the small amount that does exist, it's just the crack ship with Summer?

Where is season 3 again?

Trap morty is hot as fuck. Would molest.

Being used as toilet paper to clean up Roiland and Harmons egotistical shitfits.

Pretty sure they're cracking under the pressure since season 2 exploded RnMs popularity. Sounds like another show Harmon had a significant hand in....

>Roiland and Harmons egotistical shitfits.
Right.
It has nothing to do with the hiring of female "writers"

That's Envy Rick if memory serves.
One of the Ricks based on the seven deadly sins
That's Morticia, She's a girl Morty
You're thinking on Miami Morty when it comes to trappy mortys

>anti-Trump
>has to find a way to deal with all the alien immigrants that have invaded Earth at the end of Season 2 at the behest of the Galactic EU

Poor Roiland.

Mortys not dumb in the episode with all the fake family members he was the one who figured out how to tell them apart.

I think it's supposed to be funny in a satirical way. He's making fun of shows that use dumb catch phrases.

Is this actual production art? why aren't the characters in the show this expressive?

>TFW reading the Mortys backstories
Jesus fuck, so many dead Beths, Jerries, Summers, and Ricks

Most catch-phrases are spoken with a particular cadence. The joke is that Rick's "catchphrase" only has a cadence and no actual words.

In his defense, pretty much everyone is stupid next to Rick and Rick considers most people to be stupid as a result.

As far as I can tell, Morty is of average or possibly even slightly above-average intelligence, he's just bad at schoolwork, which only ever focuses on a particular kind of intelligence anyway.

I'm waiting for the episode where Rick reveals that Morty isn't al that stupid and that he's grooming him for something or other.

Not enough screen-time, I guess.

Here's the Artist's tumblr.
They also draw a damn fine Beth
zitszy.tumblr.com

Post your favorite Mortys

So Morty's sex is dependent on temperature?
Is Morty a crocodile?

>Can make a Cheese Sandwich without touching the Bread
is this a reference to something?

Hes a human being you dumbfuck.

So how does body temperature and moon affect a child's gender? If someone actually answers this I'd appreciate it.

Old wives' tales and general superstition.

He's either a crocodilian or fish.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature-dependent_sex_determination

>Super quickly
>Literally months

That doesn't really bug me, since it was originally meant to be a dumb catchphrase that's funny because of how stupid and one-shot-y it seemed, yet he actually kept bringing it back. Attaching it to actually have a meaning is kinda dumb but ultimately it's not a big deal; it's more annoying that actual fans of the show parrot it like a meme.

Another thing the show does that does annoy me and is kinda relevant, though, is the whole "all alien words are just random stupid jibberish" trope. I mean, how many objects in the show are called shit like "glip glops" or "schmeebos" or shit like that? It's like when shows aimed at younger audiences like Adventure Time use words like "Schmowzow" as exclamatory phrases; THOSE are examples of "it's funny because it's a made up word"; at least the wubba lubba dub dub thing has some elements of being a joke instead of just "isn't it weird that this alien object has a weird name?"

>mother's womb was 32.54F degrees warmer
What? Was the mother on fire at the time?

Counter counterpoint: He hasn't slept with his sister from another dimension yet which is totally koto incest

Well that's too bad because I'M THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED TO HAVE EYEHOLES! Get on up out of here with my eyeholes!

I without fail think of Steppin Up by MIA
youtube.com/watch?v=JbFhwsSAxro

Nigga have you tried learning a new language with no syntax and no one to help you?
Shit'd take most people years

So, do ya'll think we're ever gonna see Morty's Maternal grandmother?

No

I honestly thought it was a joke. i always took "wuuba lubba dub dub" to be some play on bad catchphrases like fozie's "wakka wakka" so when you hear bird person tell morty the meaning it comes off as a deadpan joke.

wow dude....so deep....this really made me think

>Lot of people like it
>Outside of Sup Forums
>Reddit makes up a majority of the people that like it
>Everthing good about the show is based on the obsession of Redditors

There you go.

Would you a Beth?

are the comics worth reading?

Why does this look more competentily drawn than the offical Rick & Morty comics? Why is Oni such a shit publisher?

Ryan Ridley's original draft of "Meeseeks and Destroy" had Rick doing the Curly "whoop-whoop-whoop" immediately after the Fleeseeks line. Dan Harmon was the one who inserted "Wubba lubba dub dub" during the executive producers' pass. To this day, Dan has no idea how he came up with or where he got "Wubba lubba dub dub" from.

well at least the new intro is good
youtube.com/watch?v=r0IwfHdO36Y

GUYS

Fuck fuck fucking fuck!
The Game

>
ffects of full moon and no moon on the birth of male and female offsprings were studied in Indian Couples of the age group 20 to 40 years. It was observed that 42 wives who were conceived within 24 hours of ovulation at full moon gave birth of 40 male and 2 female babies. On the other hand 40 women conceived on the day of ovulation 3 days prior to full moon gave birth of 13 male and 27 female babies. But only 5 women conceived on no moon, all of them gave birth of female babies. It was also observed that vaginal pH of the ovulated women during full moon was alkaline (pH 8.7 +/- 0.4) while pH was weak acidic in women ovulated 3 days prior to full moon and no moon (pH 6.4 +/- 0.5; 6.2 +/- 0.5). The basal body temperature (BBT) was increased 0.7 degrees F to 1.3 degrees F during the ovulation period when compared with women during the absence of ovulation. But there is an increase in temperature 0.5 degrees F more in women ovulated in full moon than no moon. Together, these results indicate that alkaline vaginal fluid medium and more rise of BBT during full moon favour conception of male babies. This method gives the couple more chance of having male child if conception occurs in the day of ovulation in full moon and having female child if conception occurs in no moon.

>dan harmon said he went to Sup Forums and they were mad that he had summer and rick beat up a nazi
>then he remembered that they were Sup Forums and he didn't give a fuck

Thank you for being mad Sup Forums

It's funny because Rick is being an asshole in a quirky way

If Rick wouldn't kill me for it?
yes

Who?

One of the show runners.
Also, I just saw a pic of Slime morty getting porked and I really was not expecting to see that today

What's up with this Rick?

but they poked fun at it though!

surely self-deferential humor will make up for it!

Underrated