I've never seen Cats don't dance but after seeing a few clips I decide to watch it. This is surprisingly good...

I've never seen Cats don't dance but after seeing a few clips I decide to watch it. This is surprisingly good. And its not even Bluth any big name. its just Turner

It's a great movie that got overshadowed

Turner Feature Animation was Hanna-Barbera wearing a mask. Not any slouch by industry position and ability to attract talent.

One of my favorite animated movies, while most remember it for Sawyer, you really cant blame them. The marketing for this movie was trash and because of that not many have heard of it.

Only movie I've ever purchased the soundtrack of.

EVERYONE LISTEN UP, AT THE END OF THE MOVIE THE MAIN CHARACTERS DEFEAT DARLA DIMPLE AND THEY SING A HAPPY SONG

It's a pretty good movie. I want to see more like it. Sing doesn't count.

Yep. I'm convinced it would be remembered better if it had simply come out at a different time due to what was overshadowing it at the moment.

Better marketing would have helped too.

Great movie. One thing that bothered me was how Max's size would change in almost every scene.

it was a different time

Fun fact: Lauren Faust was the primary animator for Sawyer.

Oops meant to tack this image on with it.

If she was older those panties would be soaking wet from thinking about animals dying.

Really now? I knew she worked on it but I didn't know she was in charge of Sawyer.

Nice, loving these designs.

the only thing I know of this movie is that it was one some VHS tape as a preview at the beginning

Just goes to show how bad the marketing was.

I remember seeing trailers for this before VHS tapes back in the day.
Decided to give it a watch a while ago, it's real fun. Danny is a shit protagonist, but the animation is super solid and it captures that Old Hollywood musical vibe super well.

I love the movie but I can agree that Danny needed some more work.

There was a period of time in my life as a kid where I had watched the shit out of everything Disney and began to watch Cats Don't Dance and We're Back! A Dinosaur Story a lot.

how could he be better?

I just don't like how easily he fell for Darla's trap, he's seen what she really is and fell hook line and sinker which ended up with all the animals fired. He fixed it in the end but that part always bothered me.

Yeah it was at the beginning of the Space Jam VHS

His whole thing was how naive and trusting he was before coming to Hollywood. No matter how many hints were dropped, he just refused to give up hope until Darla explicitly tells him to his face that she was using him. His glaring flaws just stand out because they're the opposite of all the other characters.

Might have to watch it again, it's been a while.