Took me forever to get around to it, but I finally saw Fantastic Planet...

Took me forever to get around to it, but I finally saw Fantastic Planet. It was like Hieronymus Bosch animating with pastels.

What did Sup Forums think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTvYh8ar3tc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty good. A little slow, but worth giving a watch at least once. It's a bit more entertaining when showing it to somebody new than watching alone.

i thought it was great. you could tell the animators did drugs, and i love that it affected their work. i wonder if the preponderance of drug induced art is more common or less common than i think

Pretentious.

Why do people always assume creative visuals were drug-induced?

It looked to me like it had been more influenced by a lot of different forms of surrealism. Hieronymus Bosch, as mentioned, but maybe also a little Salvador Dali

I liked that it was slow. They don't make slow things like this any more. Now everyone's brain is running around, nobody has any time...

I watched it as a young child. I didn't know how to interpret or understand anything about the movie, but I was compelled to watch it.

I watched it as an adult and instantly that same feeling of fascination and wonder came back to me. Weird, slow paced, and very French.

Watch it. It's an experience.

>Why do people always assume psychedelic visuals were psychedelic drug-induced?

Ok, fair enough. Badly phrased. But you get my drift. It's kind of an unfunny joke at this point to go "hur hur oh wow I want what he's smoking."

>You literally cannot be creative enough to make surreal imagery without using drugs

Gettin real sick of this meme.

You are an uncreative fuck if you think that was drugs.

>Absolutely no one in the world can just be naturally creative, anything a little out of the norm was obviously the result of drugs
Please pull a bag over your head and tightly duct tape it around your neck.

>Anything out of the norm is pretentious.

Oddly comfy

Cool shit. France knows how to do handle animation.

So do French Canadians.

youtube.com/watch?v=KTvYh8ar3tc

>It was like Hieronymus Bosch animating with pastels.

Okay, that seriously made me laugh out loud and I will never again be able to think of this movie without this specific turn of phrase jumping to my mind.

It wasn't supposed to be funny, but I'm glad it amused you, user.

The soundtrack sounds better when you're drunk. Or high. Or both.

This was posted awhile ago, but maintains relevance. Some anons have funny ways of looking at things.

Then imagine your first time is when the oms attacked.

One of my favorites.

Okay genius, explain what the movie is about.

In less than 5 sentences.