Does co/ still play DCUO? I haven't touched it in ages. Fucked around in it a little today. It's still an ok game

Does co/ still play DCUO? I haven't touched it in ages. Fucked around in it a little today. It's still an ok game.

>Fucking around in Gotham just beating up Joker Goons for about half an hour
>Glide down to the Omacs
>See people about to fight Trickster near T.O Morrow's hideout
>Group
>It's a bunch of black dudes talking about how they want to wear Trickters shoes
>They start the fight
>He dies in like 5 seconds
>hear "I want those fucking shoes, nigga!" as we all huddle over Trickster

I really miss playing this back in its prime. Is it anywhere near dead on PC and PS4? I still play on PS3.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/pHNFs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Played it back in 2011, it was fun but there had better hero based MMOs

Had a ton of fun when it released on Xbone

I really wish we didn't have to have more than one power. I wanted to make a speedster, but the game forces you to also choose another power. I also wanted to make an ordinary martial artist, but all the martial arts power sets had stuff like shooting energy out of your palms.

the Ranged attacks for Martial Arts is supposed to be Shuriken if that makes you feel any better, not sure why they have the color be based on your power though.

Also you can still play a Speedster character, Powers just effect the color of your melee attacks so pick Electricity if you have bought that power and your attacks will be yellow, you unlock movement powers at Level 9.

I hear that they are revamping the game so certain playstyles are viable for end game/PVP so you might be able to go full on Speedster in the endgame soon

I play sometimes. I love the character creator but I am just not good at vidya.
I get turned off by the other players. I think most of them are like 12.

oh my lord, kek

This is still around? They killed that moba game in like 2 weeks of being launched but this gets to hang around forever? I'm going to assume someone at WB really likes MMOs

Some good ideas in here but the rest of it was so lacking compared to other superhero MMOs that I can't say this game is good. The character creator was horrendously limited, the power selection on launch sucked (you can't be a GL on launch in a DC Universe game? Really? And I had to wait THIS long for electricity?) and even character naming was restrictive as fuck
I liked that they went for more action-y combat and being able to run up buildings is cool as hell but when you compare it to the creativity allowed by games that came before it like CoH and especially Champions Online, it just looks like shit. Honestly remember being really mad at just how bad it stacked up to those games in terms of creating your character
The one thing that I will say it did better than the other games was that you didn't get fall damage which has always been retarded in a superhero MMO

It's SOE, MMOs are how they make all their money

I bought it on release, got to max level a day or two later, said "this game will be F2P within a year" and lo and behold, it happened. Could have been amazing, but SOE drop the ball once again

imgur.com/gallery/pHNFs
Unused Moba skins

Its because DCUO was not only started by SOE, but also has a cross-base with PS4 and Xbone. It has a wider base, which means more money.

And as we all know, WB just gives a shit about the money.

It's not SOE though. It's daybreak now since SOE went and shit the bed.

Played for a while but having to pay to play is shit when it's just unlocking more dailies and raids.

Played it last night after finally being able to pay for membership.
Still love it.

The game has had its ups and downs for sure, lately they have added a ton of p2w garbage and other ways to spend money, Daybreak who now runs the game are currently fucking around with the combat system that many people seem to happy about.

Been playing the game on and off since it came out, i hate it so much but i cant quit the shit.

The travel powers were fantastic, combat was strictly okay but character customisation was shit tier. RIP city of heroes

Arcane Harley, Atomic Supergirl, Nightmare Catwoman

Fug, they at least seemed interesting

I actually enjoyed it as a single player open world beat em up game.

Up until max level at the point where you have to stand around waiting for groups to do raids in. Then it just became a shitty regular MMO.

Acrobat is faster than speedsters.

other than that my m80s no longer play, not even bothering to do the seasonal events anymore.

I managed to get two characters around CR 100 (w/o boosts) before I grew tired of DC in general. Playerbase in DCUO was fucking awful, bunch of PvP-obsessed foreigners talking shit to each other.

Fuck this game and fuck the fanbase.