/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY? Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Aftermath: Empire's End (February 21)
Rebels 3.15: Through Imperial Eyes (February 25)

>Rebels 3.14: " Trials of the Darksaber
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon: Legacy of Mandalore
youtube.com/watch?v=KPtdpmKvEwE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-jPVUl693JU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BIG
FAT
IMPERIAL
TATS

BIG
GINGER
IMPERIAL
DEAD GUY

No, we hate her, she's terrible. The worst thing would be Pryce sticking around and living. hear me Filoni?

Really gets the noggin joggin, don't it?

What is she?

why did they animate sabine to be so sexy? its a kids show, calm down Filoni

>Bail died believing that Leia was dead

For some reason I thought that was Anakin at first and not Han Solo

Yes, I agree, I don't want to see any more of Pryce and her delicious figure. How disgusting! I hope Filoni kills her off rather than my one true love, Zeb! Oh, how it would pain me if Zeb were to die!

>Anakin
>talking to his dad

Infernal squad incoming.

>Luke, Han, and now Leia (depending) never saw each other again after he went into exile

...fucking new threads...

Man, clickbait or what. It's technically true, but could they spare the details? I think I'm overloaded.

Plus, they missed out the biggest, that Snoke was grooming Ben from the womb, pretty much solidifying to he destined to do a Zuko. Otherwise his story is literally the most tragic thing in all fucking Star Wars, and I just don't see them going that way after Han sacrificing himself, and Fischer dying with Leia presumably still having her sons redemption as her greatest hope.

>Bail thought he was sending Leia to become a Jedi.

Well shit.

Yes Zeb dying would be such a terrible blow to the fans that I don't think we would ever recover. I certainly hope they don't kill off Zeb, while leaving Pryce alive. That would be the least favorable outcome, I might even stop watching the show.

To be fair, she could have still become one. She had the gift, she just didn't give a shit apparently. Rather spend her time fucking up in politics and being forced to start a terrorist organization.

Sure they did? He must surface for a while? I was under the impression that he takes teen-into-his-twenties Ben on his adventures later. Or do you mean actual exile, and not just fucking off for long periods?

Because he wants to be hardcore, but the Ghost Crew (and especially Kanan) won't let him.

And also what and Right now is the calm before the storm, or at least I hope so. He's living a lie. Ezra became his own man; a competent Jedi and team leader who used pragmatic (if corrupted, because they came from the dark side) force power to get shit done. But then he had that bad experience, and got shoved back into the role of team kid... one that someone who terrifies Stormtroopers of a 'endless drop' doesn't really fit.

He's currently basking in nostalgia and wishing things could be how they were, and that illusion is going to shatter soon. His skills even seem to have regressed with his mindset. We've seen nothing out of him close to approaching his grace and ability in the first episode. Obviously we didn't get to see him duel, but he resembled more the Clone Wars force users than Kanan, with the leaping spins, and efficient movement.

>He may feel comfortable at the moment and just disconnected with the fact that things can still go very very wrong.

I'm pretty sure he is just lying to himself. As you say, he's seen some shit.

If the writers know what they are doing, I suspect we might lose two characters at one. Kanan has felt like he has had a target on his back since the first episode of the season. He has no more destiny left, except a meaningful death. What room is there for a blind Jedi Master?

How many more close calls can they justify? The coming episodes have a Jedi Master, a Knight, an almost Knight, and a ex-Sith Lord involved, and a Mandolorian uprising involving the Darksaber. Tarkin is going to be on that, and we might see Vader again, for his smack down of the season.

Just my thoughts. At first I thought Ezra was just ticking til he exploded, but by now he has settled in TOO well to his old role...

Probably means the period after Ben went evil and killed everyone, at which point Luke is legit missing and everyone is trying to find him.

Yeah I mean the hard exile, when he fucked off all the way to space scotland and R2-D2 went into a coma

I don't know how long ago that was, or anything about his travels with Ben because I haven't read the novels leading up to TFA

Honestly the movies are going to need some flashbacks, which is an akward thing to have in Star Wars and I don't think would work

Anthology movie about Luke's academy? Can we CGI de-age Hamill and cast a younger, even more gangly kid as young Ben?

>even more gangly kid

That won't be easy.

>we might see Vader again, for his smack down of the season.
I actually get the feeling we won't see Vader again in Rebels at all. It feels like he already did his thing.

Probably. Really, they had to do this with Luke (keep his doings mysterious) if they were always going to refuse to tell any of the juicy shit til after Episide 9. You can fit random smuggling adventures with Han into any random year, and handwave it not being mentioned. But major Luke Skywalker adventures are big sellers, and something that that needs to eventually happen.

You underestimate the human body

We'd have to cast this as a kid

Not going to be easy

he's gotta show up and kill all of Snips' friends

That's a good view of it - though I don't think it's necessarily going to be so cruel, and nor do I think Ezra is necessarily naive or at fault here.

He may have stepped back in skill because he refused the temptation of using the Dark Side. As Kanan said, that's an easy way to get quick results, so stepping away does make him look weaker or simpler. But he still is strong with the force and an effective fighter - you can see that in various episodes (Force push and fighting in Vision + Voices, everything in Mandalorian Commandos, etc.)

I don't think anything dramatic is going to happen this season. Everyone survives. Probably not Kallus or Sato, but everyone in the Ghost surely.

Because it is the fear of losing his Ghost Family will make him vulnerable and dynamic again. The end of this season and the beginning of next season, Ezra will be disillusioned - the quest to Tatooine gave him no understanding of how to defeat the Sith, and the close call at Atollon makes him feel foolish for being at peace.

Add that to the fact that Sabine's absent and could be bleeding out on some planet somewhere, it's the beginning of a trend that Ezra cannot really stomach: the fact that the family might be dissolving before his very eyes.

It's gotten to the point where this makes me chuckle. Seriously, what was Vader thinking? How did he think that was going to end well?

The flashback in R1 worked, and I'm not just saying that because it had Coruscant.

response to this

Is Coruscant the Space Holy Land?

everyone seems to act like it, when it shows up

Yeah when you look at it in slower motion you realize Anakin just left himself completely open. Why did he do that?

Is this a common move, or did he make it up? Didn't he know that Obi-wan used that same shit before on Maul? I'm sure he's heard the Maul story.

>Is the most important single planet in the galaxy the most important single planet in the galaxy?

It's Space New York, Space LA and Space DC rolled into one. Of course everyone's going to treat it like it's important.

No, Tattooine is literally the most important planet

That's true it did work in R1. Another cool thing R1 did that doesn't get enough credit is having the names of the planets show up for a second in the corner of the screen so people don't get fucking confused.

If they'd done that in TFA and had it just say "Planet Jakku" in the corner there wouldn't have been any people wondering if we were back on Tatooine

I don't think so, the Muun don't claim it as their homeworld and aren't constantly fighting the Sand People over it.

You might be right, but they would then have to introduce a new Grand Inquisitor who is far stronger, because everyone has taken a level up or two since he died. Kanan isn't dying in a hail of blaster fire, even if Ben takes care of the Maul problem.

I think for once the bad guys are going to win big, with Thawn's plan finally coming to fruition. Maybe Mandalore will burn? Multiple character deaths? Something big. After all, Rogue One is the 'first major victory'.

Not this again

Chopper Base is gonna get BDZ'd and whatever happens with Mandalore won't be pretty or good.

Kanan will probably die sooner than later, Zeb too. Sato's gonna die.

I'm probably being naive thinking Vader won't show up at least one more time to menace everybody, he's the perfect note to end on unless Maul somehow STILL survives this season.

If it comes down to Ezra vs. Maul with everybody else dead or inactive I would actually be pretty happy with that. Maul is important to Ezra in a weird way now. It's a low-level battle but one that would have weight as the series finale.

Toydarians, not Muun

Bib's like "oh fuck I hit that spice too hard fuuuck"

also I can hear the echoes of future shitposters through the force. Rebels ends with Maul vs. Ezra and they're shitposting...
>"Your cartoon character killed another cartoon character in a cartoon! It'll never be in the movies, btfo, non-canon because I don't acknowledge it"
can you hear them too?

Toydarians are like the poor Jews who all got holocausted in place of the Muun, who are like the rich Jews who were actually doing all the things the Nazis accused them of but escaped because they were rich.

>I'm becoming uncomfortably lucid

That's fucking sick

Okay Sup Forums you've had enough for one night

This is what I expect too, but I hope I'm just being a jaded asshole and it will work out better.

Watto was CLEARLY Lebanese

I actually think Lucas meant them as a different kind of stereotype and pic related was a coincidental mistake. George Lucas looked at this and at no point saw any correlation.

>oh my god everything is popcorn fuuuuuck

I think that the Inquisitors and Vader will appear in the next two seasons: safe to say that Ezra and Kanan take care of as many inquisitors as they can before Kanan falls to Vader in some way that saves Ezra.

Or Vader kills them both but I doubt they'd do that, seems gratuitously edgy with no real purpose or happy ending. Ezra is probably going to abandon the force and live like Kanan Pre-SWR with Sabine as his Hera.

For some reason people completely miss that Watto has an Italian accent.

Still fucks me up that there had to have been some people who shipped Leia and Luke, and then found out they were twins.

thank god the holonet didn't exist like it does now, that shitstorm would have been huge

>I actually think Lucas meant them as a different kind of stereotype and pic related was a coincidental mistake.

I think so too. George seems strangely innocent in these matters, bless him.

Are we still holding out hope that Barriss is an inquisitor? Last we knew of her she was in prison and came pretty close to revealing Sheev's whole plot right in front of him at her trial, so maybe he was impressed with her?

If they need a final inquisitor, I see no reason why it shouldn't be her. Previous fans would love it and new fans wouldn't know the difference. What else? Did she just die in prison or something?

I too still think Ezra and Sabine will end up together somehow

>Chopper Base is gonna get BDZ'd and whatever happens with Mandalore won't be pretty or good.
>Kanan will probably die sooner than later, Zeb too. Sato's gonna die.

Not sure about Zeb, but I can concur with that being a solid theory.

Actually, I agree about Vader. They don't need him. Maul and Obi-Wan have their fight, somehow it ends up with neither dying. then, Maul kills Kanan because he keeps getting in the way of his shared custody of Ezra. Then, Ezra strikes him down in anger, giving into the dark side, and Maul dies with a small victory. It would be an extra shadow to end a dark season finale on and lead up to The Last Jedi.

That's my revised theory, at least.

It happened in Earth: Final Conflict too, and the holonet was there for it. People shipped the main two aliens who were suddenly revealed to be parent and child.

The next day, EVERYTHING was deleted. It was different times, today people would probably revel in the degeneracy.

Yeah like his comment about selling SW to "white slavers". He has a kind of oldschool innocence. I legit don't think Watto was meant to be a jew, and Jar Jar certainly wasn't meant to be a black stereotype.

George is goofy but he's not a racist I don't think. Everybody says the Nemoidians talk like chinese people but I think they just sound like what a space-fish-person would sound like.

...I can't find young Carrie as hot anymore since she died. It feels disrespectful to see her as a sex object. Fucked up that it took her dying, but there it is.

A fair theory. But I would posit that Darth Maul has been hanging around too long and his story needs to be put to bed.

Yeah, I agree. And people are overly sensitive in these matters anyway.

I don't hear it, I still say Lebanese

There were a lot of cases where he left the interpretation up to the actor. Like Watto, they showed Andy Secombe concept art of Watto and asked him what he thought the character should sound like. They just described him as shady and probably having gangster connections so he thought "Mafia dude" and gave him this scruffy Italian voice.

According to Silas Carson, Nute Gunray's accent was supposed to sound "Transylvanian" which probably just means he was trying to do a generic Dracula-type voice, which you can kind of hear once you know what he was going for.

Well fuck, Carrie is terrifying. Good one

The actor specifically said he was going for Italian. Listen to it closely. He's even doing the "what-a you want-a" thing.

Yeah not to get into that territory but it does seem like everybody's too quick to find racism where there is none nowadays. It didn't used to be like that, people let things slide. Even if something was racist nobody really gave much of a shit.

Though I think we can all agree that Yoda is a clear slanderous caricature of whatever the fuck his species is

I think it's a pretty wizard idea. Also if Snoke could be an inquisitor as well, and that could be a real double-down sort of situation.

I think it's too good to pass up. They work too damn well with one another and have such great tag-team chemistry. They have something like the Kanan and Hera dynamic at this point and it's all really come out of the woodwork in this Season.[/spoilers]

Kanan is trapped on Atollon as Ezra runs off to confront Maul on Tatooine. That's why Ezra is the only one able to search reinforcements. Good idea but I don't think it'll turn out that way.

Well if the actor himself said that then it's hard to dispute. I guess I can kind of hear it when you put it that way, he kind of sounds like a car dealer from Brooklyn now. Bravo George

>Post your favourite husbando
>Confess your sins

I don't mind the prequel trilogy

>Also if Snoke could be an inquisitor as well
Well there aren't too many tall grey skinned people to choose from

I still say he's The Son and you'll all laugh but when I'm proven right you'll see
youtube.com/watch?v=-jPVUl693JU
it's in the voice, listen and compare it to Snoke

Not really much of a sin

No Husbando
My sin is that I honestly don't give a single shit about Chewbacca. Never have.

I like Chewie but I have to admit he actually doesn't really add much.

I guess I husbando Vader.

My sin is that I am a complete fag for high power levels in the Force. I fucking love it in the comics and novels and cartoons when off-the-wall Force feats are done. Up to and including moving capital ships around and destroying suns. "The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force."

I hate Han and Lando.

I don't give a fuck about his movie coming out

Broak Vessery, he seems like a cool dude- we could fly TIE Defenders together!

A pretty good illustration of what it's like to try to sleep when you have the flu

Yeah that's another way to put it. I don't hate him I just have never really cared about him. He's just there, which is fine.

Han is overrated

Speaking of Han, what shitty fan service do you think they'll put in the movie?

My current options:
>someone tells him the odds
>something about shooting first
>Han's first meeting with Chewie
>Han herds a nerf
>Kessel run or at least a reference

Anything else? Would you like any of these? Hate them?

TFA did him no service either

I thought Han should have been a high-ranking general in the New Republic and absolutely hated it because it's just a paper-pushing job when there's no war and he can't even hang out with Chewie so he's a dick all the time and maybe drinks too much.

Instead he just went back to being the same smuggler we met in Ep 4 except older, so Han himself seems boring in retrospect.

>Dice
>SEE YOU IN HELL
>Smug.jpg
>very little actual smuggling

One question: How shitty of a smuggler are you if everyone knows youre the '''best''' smuggler?

Agreed, was always the Luke show for me, and now they basically have to let him live into the next trilogy. It's glorious.

I will guarantee you right now the movie ends with a scene where Han and Lando are about to gamble and it's like
>and if I win, I'll take THAT ship
and it pans to just the front part of the falcon, not the full ship

search your feelings

FLESH

That's a good fucking point

/Shrug I have no fuckin' idea so I'll just casually wait and see.

I'm true-indifferent on this.

Han is one of those characters that's absolutely loved by normies but the hardcore fans don't quite like him as much. They don't hate him but they don't go nuts for him.

This is incidentally why Han merchandise sells really poorly despite being one of the most popular characters. The people who love Han don't buy action figures.