So why hasn't Rebirth redeemed Darkseid yet? Why is he a rapebaby and his own grandfather/grandson?

So why hasn't Rebirth redeemed Darkseid yet? Why is he a rapebaby and his own grandfather/grandson?

he doesn't really need rebirthing?

omega wankery is plenty

>Why is he a rapebaby and his own grandfather/grandson?

He's neither. Whatserface McImsoedgy adopted Superwoman's baby from Earth-3. If anything, she seduced Alexander Luthor/ Mazahs.

i need a crash course on what the hell you guys are talking about

You may want it, but no one needs this.

Darkseid was recorded as a farmer who resented the old gods for their disregard of mortals so he decided to kill one, learns he gains the god's power once liked so he decides to kill them all. Highfather was tapped by an old god to stop him.

Grail (worst character ever) was, brace yourself, the daughter of Darkseid and a never before mentioned supreme Amazon assassin, surprising that an isolated society had assassins I know, and Grail was born the day Diana was born on Themyscira and the assassin mom fled and raised her by herself.

Grail wants to kill Darkseid, because I guess she looks like a gender neutral nu feminist stripper, and I'd guess the last part ensures daddy issues.

So Darkseid dies fighting the Anti-Monitor in a pew pew fight and is then reborn in the illegitimate child of Superwoman (villainous analogue to Wonder Woman from Earth 3) and Alexander Luthor (insane power stealing asshole from Earth 3).

Grail takes the baby after its mom dies shortly after its birth. To raise it or use it for something that'll never pan out now since that abomination that was nu52 is over.

It's awful and I warned you.

>So why hasn't Rebirth redeemed Darkseid yet?
Have you see the writers they have on Rebirth?

I dont remember exactly how Darkseid became the baby but last i do remember was Grail was gonna raise her father with love but also seek out Diana's brother.
Which im more upset about because its rebirth canon and still hasnt been addressed. I like Rucka's run but tge only thing we have is a fucking name.

So they dug up Kirby's corpse and took turns raping it...

How does this relate to the concept of New Gods/Darkseid only having a single version in all the multiverse?

>Let me redesign Kirby's perfect design, but adding a lot of unnecesary details that absolutely ruin its subtlety.
It's better than new 52, but still bad. Only JG Jones did a good darkseid redesign.

This was never true

Nobody cares about that shit.

Pretty obvious it will pan out because it was Geoff johns idea and the story ended like a month before rebirth.

I don't think Rucka will touch that plot point just like Snyder/King aren't touching the 3 Jokers plot point.

Jones' New Gods designs were such a fucking waste it makes me wanna cry.

I'm still holding my breath on the chance that someone will dig the FC sketchbook and give me my cosmic soldier Orion.

Dude.
Even Johns has to cringe looking at that.

I mean, people must roll their eyes at DC offices every time the word Grail is uttered.

That was initially just a Morrison idea, with him excusing the multiple versions as avatars, but it was pushed pretty strongly as the official overall DC line initially with the New 52, which is why the same Darkseid was seemingly attacking the main Earth and Earth-2.

However, Morrison himself stepped back on it, introducing in multiversity's guidebook the idea that the New Gods had been shattered into fragments or reflections spread in various worlds, many of them not even aware of each other and believing to the real ones, withe actual REAL ones being in Earth-51, with Darkseid still recovering from being killed (not directly stated, but likely related to Final Crisis - this was before the Justice League arc where N52 Darkseid died).

After that, although it might not have been related to Morrison himself, and just something he did because he knew the other writers wouldn't really follow the "singular entities" rule, we started getting multiple versions of New Gods again.

Im holding a small breath that he will in the truth arc

Because, as much as I like the guy, Johns can't write new gods at all

Not that user but I just wanted to say this shit has confused the hell out of me forever. Even after reading your explanation I still feel like I don't understand. I mean final crisis is bullshit, the "true" darkseid we see in final crisis is possessing a human because he died and " fell through reality" whatever that means. After a "war in heaven" that we never even get to see? Fuck this shit.

No no, it was actually Alan Moore who forced Johns into that horrible story. You see, every shitty story Johns has written was because Moore forced him to do so.

>I dont remember exactly how Darkseid became the baby
He became a baby because Grail used Earth 3 Lois' baby to absorb the god essence of Darkseid.

>Edgy Grail forced to become a mommy
Don't mind if I do!