Can you guys post examples how new simpsons animation is shitty?

Can you guys post examples how new simpsons animation is shitty?

Other urls found in this thread:

morpheus306.deviantart.com/journal/Simpsons-now-in-HD-update-233741679
youtube.com/watch?v=6BdSUJQyw2I
youtube.com/watch?v=33RJCpJE_oA
youtube.com/watch?v=-sbFhOeqTzY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just look at it, damn.

It looks worse if you see it in motion. As for this specific screencap, notice how Lisa's head is way too big for her body.

Obligatory.

It honestly hasn't changed much since it first went HD, which was 8 years ago now.

Where do you guys think is a good point to stop watching?

I want to go as far as 13 but even then it's episode by episode as opposed to having full seasons worth watching.

It's pretty much just like Filmation, which is to say super-detailed backgrounds with moving paper dolls.

There's still the odd good episode into the late teen seasons, but not past that.

Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number

Number 9, number 9

Number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9, number 9

Seriously though, season 9. It's quite decent. Season 10 though, sucks.

The detailed backgrounds are so fucking jarring. I hate them almost as much as I hate the new character designs.

Just watching the intro gives you a rather clear idea

I'm collecting them on DVD, fucking judge me but I like owning physical copies of things, and I've started feeling like this is also the capping point.

Season six though. God damn that had some feely episodes.

Cool s it might be to shit on this episode, it was one of the last that had really good animation.

What said.

Season 9 gets a bad rap for Principal and the Pauper, which - admittedly - was probably the first genuinely bad episode of the series since the weak Season 1 episodes - but 9 is actually pretty good on the whole. The last couple of episodes end on a high note.

Season 10 was when shit started going downhill, the fifth episode - "When You Dish Upon a Star" was the first in a long long long long series of poorly written and pointless celebrity cameo episodes that consumed most of the show's double-digit seasons.

number 8
*BELCH*
number 8
*BELCH*

They also horribly overuse shading.

In terms of pure animation I feel like "El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer" (Season 8) is the best episode overall. The space coyote dream sequence is pure gold. Too bad the third act is a generic marriage crisis plot.

Season 10 has its share of episodes that I love, but it also has its share of episodes that I absolutely cannot fucking stand for the life of me, which makes it a difficult season to recommend

The whole dream sequence was animated entirely by David Silverman because "It wouldn't come out exactly as I visualized it if I'd left it to other people."

To be fair some of the animation and expressions in the newest episodes are a lot better, I'd go get examples but I'm too lazy

The 3D halloween episode is still the most expensive episode to date.

I remember being a kid and watching this episode, it was amazing

What would you do?

I don't know how much power Matt Groening, the creator of The Simpsons, has ever had over the series, but let's assume for a moment that his power was absolute and on a whim he could call it off and have the series cancelled.

You come up with this brilliant cartoon series that everybody loves. Let's also pretend that you don't have your head up your ass and can tell that the series is starting to slip around season 9 or 10.

With 20/20 hindsight, you may want to conclude The Simpsons right here and then and let it be known until the end of time as being that hilarious, well-written cartoon sitcom, but are you so willing to put your cashcow to rest?

I'd hope you'd have the integrity to say yes. Granted, I'm not a rich man and I wish I was better off in life, but I despise the idea of ever milking a franchise into such a soulless heap of shit for money. I care more for a legacy than money. Matt Groening has sold his soul to the devil, he's likely rich beyond his wildest dreams, but so many people think The Simpsons is disgusting now and it's all his fault or the powers that be.

I say the same thing to George Lucas. He's RUINED the franchise by selling to Disney.

For the record Matt Groening stopped working on the show in 1992 (Season 3) and never had control over the series fate.

Fair enough. I can excuse that then

He still worked on it semi-regularly until Season 8 when he left to start Futurama.

If I recall correctly, the main animator for the infamous Marge scene in the new opening wanted it to be more cartoony and reminiscent of the original, but Matt Groening wanted it to be "realistic".

I dunno how true that is though or where I heard it from.

The guy who animated it was told to not make the intro too cartoony, but Groening himself had nothing to do with it.

I think you're referring to the dance scene in Season 1, Some Enchanted Evening

>What would you do?
I'm a very angry man who hates people messing with his stuff so, provided I even made it season 10, let alone past a pilot, I assume I'd have enough rage built up to end it then and then.

Not that it matters because of corporate jew-tactics.
Nothing ever gets to end well.

You got that from here
morpheus306.deviantart.com/journal/Simpsons-now-in-HD-update-233741679

According to the animator, Groening did have input on the HD intro, and he commented about the initial animation on the crow in the beginning looking "too cartoony" or "too realistic". However, the artist doesn't specify whether it was Groening or someone else who wanted the Marge scene to look so rigid.

Every day, until you like it.

To be fair they likely did that to squeeze in more jokes into the intro. The jokes are terrible, but that's a writing issue, not an animation one.

nah they had plenty of time to do spinning hair if they didn't pan on the kids getting angry at each other

Anyone got the one of Sideshow Bob?

This one?

Aye

I'm generally able to sit through a lot of the new, shitty episodes of most "adult" cartoons, at least to just poke fun at how bad they are (and because I don't have anything better to watch), but even if I really try, I can't bring myself to sit through an entire episode of nu-Simpsons. It's just painful to go from watching the old episodes to seeing how badly mangled they are now; even the animation style is just so fucking lazy, it looks like it was made in flash. Beyond that, the humor is just grating. Even back when they went HD, they still had somewhat decent episodes now and again (not "good", mind you, just "watchable"); now, literally every single joke is just something recycled or, pardon the buzzword, cringe-y pop culture reference (in the latest episode, homer said "Chewy, we're home... Chewy is what I call my mouth"). Even fucking Family Guy, with it's whiny, preachy, gross-out humor, isn't that bad. It's a genuine wonder to me how, somehow, someone out there enjoys this.

It depends on how picky you are. If you ONLY want to watch good episodes, the agreed turning point where things stopped being perfect is 9. If you're okay with the occasional stinker, you can make it to maybe season 12 without having to skip much, but after that, you're on your own and you're gonna start getting less and less good episodes until somewhere around 16 or 17. Some point around there you just stop getting anything good, and even further beyond you've reached the revolting point of no return where you're better off watching literally anything else.

There's still good episodes up to the HD switch although they get thinner as time goes on. I can think of a few gems in the teen seasons like Midnight Rx.

Off the top of my head:

>the scene in "The Town" where Homer finds Bart wearing a Boston Americans hat (expressive as fuck)
>the hot dog song scene in "Fatzcarraldo" (fluid as FUCKING fuck)

I don't know if they got some fresh blood or what, but I like it.

Dammit, meant to reply to .

RIP Pacific Data Images.
They were really ahead of the times.

i want two number 9s...

Found the first one:
youtube.com/watch?v=6BdSUJQyw2I

Session Ten.

It's the last session with Troy McClure.

At least his final appearance was in one of the season's best episodes.

That was really good.

QUALITY

Nah dude as a DVD collector get season 10, it just looks nicer with the first ten seasons, plus season 10 is the last one with a main member of the family on the cover and the last one before the packaging goes to total garbage, plus it has some great episodes and it's the last season of the 90's. Trust me, 10 is the best stopping point

What is the worst Simpsons episode that doesn't involve Lady Gaga, Little League, or Armin Tamzarian?

I heard the animaton got better recently. Don't know though, I stopped watching it after season 10

Feminist programmers.

So hard to choose...

The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed.

its always been like that

Catch 'Em If You Can

>He's RUINED the franchise by selling to Disney
It's been ruined since 1999.

Anything with Lisa of late.

The animation seems better-ish.

youtube.com/watch?v=33RJCpJE_oA

That got a laugh out of me.

8 is the last consistently good season.

There's bits and pieces in 9 that are worthwhile (Lisa the Simpson is a favourite of mine, for example), but there's plenty of shit there too.

not anymore, hon.

7 is the last great season. There's only a handful of post season 7 episodes worth watching.

Wow. That's very reminiscent of classic Homer. The first thing that came to mind was this.

youtube.com/watch?v=-sbFhOeqTzY

Very similar, albeit without the incredibly ambition inclusion of Homer's reflection.

The episode where they go to e3... I think they went to something called "E4"?

How the fuck did they get there

It's Springfield, duh.

the disneyland/kang and kodos episode. Also, the alec baldwin episode which I'm tempted to hate retroactively based on who alec is now but it's garbo ignoring that anyway.

Everytime

If you defend the current disgusting ugly flash animation then kill yourself

Season 6 is the last great one

I could see myself watch most of the eps from season 9-19, I wouldn't touch anything from season 20 or later... except secretly the schizophrenic episode, it's not funny, but 's kinda cute, and I like how the mainstream mentioned a mental illness other than clinical depression or autism and it's not part of a murder mystery

Season 11 was a 90s season. It is quite shite though.

Jesus whenever they bring cartoon characters into the real world it looks so sad

This seems like a tiny toons scene were hundred looks at the audience and says hey we had to cut the budget somewhere

I'm not going to even pretend to know enough about they show to answer that
But the guy who described them made the gay horse one sound tremendously bad

>JJ Abrams?!
Who the fuck thought that was funny?

maybe her brain is just growing

"And that leads to mate in 3"

>total of 9 pieces captured
I laughed at this a lot...

Jeez it looks like something from Sega Genesis.