This was more creative than South Park has been in its whole lifespan

This was more creative than South Park has been in its whole lifespan

Underrated series.
Best way to spend a boring 2 AM at home.

This looks stupid as fuq, the horrible cardboard animation would make it unwatchable. South Park is better.

>12 oz mouse ended a decade ago

fuck

You don't compare 12oz to some social commentary.

This. It's like comparing the mona lisa to mallard fillmore

That's because it's easier to be creative when you don't have to bother making sense. Also you can be more audacious in what you put on the screen when it doesn't actually matter if it looks good or not.

I don't know why I couldn't get into 20 oz mouse. It was definitely creative but there was just something about it that didn't click with me. And I used to like stupid shit like Perfect Hair Forever so I'm not sure what it was.

I know I'm going to sound like 'that guy', but I hated 12oz Mouse. Then again, I also hate Xavier, Renegade Angel, so maybe I'm getting too old for this board...

PHF was actually funny though.

If you want to have a fell of being drugged after that. At the end of episode you think you understand what's going on but next episode comes and you can toss everything out the window. Like RMB and Shark being men in suits doing experiments. It was there only for one episode, think what you want of it.

You have to watch it like at 4am where your mind is half asleep. That's when you have to watch it.

I saw it fully awake and it didn't feel as good when I was in that state.

Stroker and Hoop was more my jam,12oz Mouse was great tho.

ah man I felt like I was the only person who liked that damn show. Whenever I try and bring it up nobody fucking remembers it. It was so funny I loved it. That abrupt ending pissed me off so bad.

It was short lived wasn't it? Like only a season and I remember it not rerunning after a year

Yeah it never got renewed. Sucks, because they left off on a cliffhanger.

Creative =/= Quality

It still has to make sense, OP.

This right here

That's because Xavier is fucking garbage

And yet far less successful. Why is that?

12 oz. mouse was ahead of its time.
You know how all the popular cartoons of today are "not what they seem"? Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe? They starts out as funny and simple, then become gradually more serious. 12 oz. Mouse did just that, but it's initial premise was so simple that not many people bought it in the first place, which is a shame.

bump

i get they had no animtion budget and wanted a surrealist style
tat doesnt excuse the monstrosity they ended up making
>inb4 you dont get it
being such a mess that nobody understands it isnt a good thing

I love 12 oz Mouse way more, but I did enjoy Stroker and Hoop. Though I didn't enjoy it on its initial airing. I specifically remember it being between Boondocks and FMA and suffering in comparison. It's a solid show in its own right but it was sandwiched between two of the strongest shows the Saturday night block on AS had ever aired.

it came out in the wrong time. and didn't have any waifus (except for maybe Man Woman?)
if it came out today and had more female characters, it would spawn a MASSIVE faggotry

Did you guys like how there was a DEEPEST LORE behind the random bullshit? Or did you find it tacked on? If you give it multiple views it kinda was always there. Kinda like that dont hug me im scared or poppy kinda bullshit where you think its lolXDrandum but there's been something brewing under the surface for the whole time.

Loved it, one of the best things to come out of Adult Swim.

Yeah, that's the best part of it. It seems random, but everything fits together in a strange way, and sets it apart from PHF or Xavier for me. Those shows always felt plain old random, while OZMO felt more like the carefully laid-out manifesto of a madman.

I always described it to people as being like Eraserhead and Twin Peaks had a drunken green mouse baby.

Also, it is probably the best practitioner of the pregnant pause out of any show I can think of. It has so many great "wait for it" moments, it's ridiculous. That said, I figure that's also one reason the show is too slow paced for most people.

Are you drunk?

PASSION HIDES

I enjoy it, but that is a gross overestimation of a show made on MS Paint.

You're a boy who was a man who is a tree

perfect hair forever

It's a damn fever dream. Which has its appeal. But it's also not quite watchable in every state of mind.