What does Sup Forums think about Moomins?

What does Sup Forums think about Moomins?

All media welcome,
from the books, newspaper comics, anime, cartoon, and movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

bookdepository.com/author/Tove-Jansson
moomin.com/en/blog/tove-play-swedish-theatre-finland/
static1.e621.net/data/e9/89/e9896eaae6113442ef791750501cf5dd.png
abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=20894156286
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i'd fuck a moomin

They are an interesting bunch, that's to be said.

Read the novels.
Read the comics.
Take everything else with a swig of kossu.

Where can I find the novels and comics?

Snufkin has no mercy!

>all the fucks Snufkin gives
Truly a man worth emulating.

the old comics are some weird shit
the cartoon is cute but snufkin a shit and sniff is best side character in it

bookdepository.com/author/Tove-Jansson

You are the greatest person on earth. Thank you.

It's very nice. I generally like the novels best though.

I didn't grow up knowing about them because I'm an American, but I watched the 90s show recently and it's great. Super comfy. If anyone's got a download link for some of the comics I'd really appreciate it.

>snufkin a shit and sniff is best side character
The fuck?

Afraid it was one I missed entirely in my childhood, but have watched the first three episodes so far on a friend's recommendation and am enjoying them. Kinda mentally put it down as something for my own kids when I have them, since it's cute, and gentle, but still introduces some big-ish topics.

Though again, only three eps in, so could be plenty of chance for a turnaround in opinion later.

They are the cutest creatures ever drawn. I didn't even grow up with them, read the comics or books, but they're so damn cute. I love running into pictures of them.

Alfred J. Kwak is better at introducing "big-ish" topics.

There's currently a play off her life going in my city. It's 3 hours long (the main reason I've yet to see it) but it's gotten good reviews otherwise.

Neat. What's the play called? What city?

If you're getting kids (hypothetically speaking), you should be reading them the novels.

I'm guessing it's TOVE by Lucas Svensson that's currently playing in Svenska Teatern(The Swedish theatre) in Helsinki.

moomin.com/en/blog/tove-play-swedish-theatre-finland/

You should just read the books yourself, they're not super long and they're comfy as hell. At least the original swedish versions are.

Fucking love Moomins. The books are great, the cartoons and anime are a lot of fun, and the comic strip is seriously one of the greatest newspaper comics ever published (you can get the whole series in English too, in deluxe editions.)

At first glance it seems like something similar to Smurfs, with weird little creatures who live in a forest and have perfect lives. But the whole joke is that they're constantly disrupting their own happiness for petty reasons. Except for Snufkin, who is enlightened and awesome. Everyone should be Snufkin.

It's a terrific satire on human flaws, and also adorable.

Their clearly hippos.

Has anyone seen the movie that came out recently? It's based on one of the comic storylines and it's fantastic.

I like moomins.

I've watched it like three times, it's really comfy and cute

No, you wouldn't.

Did I stutter?

Snufkin is just a hobo.

I wanna marry snorkmaiden.

I think LonBlue drew a moomin horsecock once.

Kinda gross

it wasn't a moomin horsecock, it was this horse

Yeah but I was talking like, as in the moomin-series.
And that's the horse.
I always thought it was a girl.

>I always thought it was a girl.
well, you are wrong

HRRRRRR

I got into Moomins through reading the novels as a child. While I like the cartoon well enough, the books will always be my favourite since they just feel like they have more depth and thoughtfulness. Re-reading them again as an adult gave me a new appreciation for them that there was a lot of stuff in there I didn't really appreciate or understand fully as a child. It also made me seek out Jansson’s other, non-Moomin fiction which is similarly great.

Depends what kind of big topics you're talking about. Moomins is more introspective and deals more with different personalities and ways of looking at and dealing with the world and family dynamics rather than global issues.

Bump ba ba bump ba bump bump ba bump bump

static1.e621.net/data/e9/89/e9896eaae6113442ef791750501cf5dd.png

Tove Jansson illustrated an early swedish edition of the LOTR novels.

>PCucks

>Spend days downloading the remastered 90s Moomin series
>Only a third of them have english subs

>Not speaking Japanese to the level you can follow them

abebooks.co.uk/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi=20894156286
Abebooks currently sells the Anniversary collection for a much lower price than Amazon or Bookdepository.

Is the english dub any good?

Are this things suposed to be hippos?
I never saw the tv show, looks like a furry Heidi, it's good?

No, they get mad if you call them hippos. They are trolls.

looks like a donkey

Post the strip where moominmama commits murder

I watched them as a kid, still love them.

>not watching in the original Swedish
I don't really see any problem with watching the English dub, given that it wasn't originally a Japanese property.