So, in Miami Vice...

So, in Miami Vice, why didn't any of those criminals put two and two together and realize that 'Sonny Burnett' pretty always has his operations broken up the cops and that everyone that's ever tried to deal with him is either dead or in prison?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Haqu-P7ehBw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly, could you remember your fake name for every job they had? I ordered some printer toner under a fake name for the lulz but I shit you know I mixed up the last name and had to tell the guy "it must've been autocorrect on my phone haha". So instead of memorizing hundreds of names they have one go-to alias, which makes sense.

Yeah I always wandered that. It was always sonny in a pastel suit and same hair. He never bothered changing accent either.

Though I really like the Everglades episode and the one where they go to Colombia.

Also surprised at how abruptly dark the endings would turn.

It's amazing how many well-known actors did an episode of Miami Vice before they were famous.

Which criminals are you talking about? The latinos, Jamaicans, the turd people? Sonny was a virtual god floating down a anthropic Ganges of human waste.

Why was he always sad, bros? He found out that the love of his life was doing fine.

maybe you just answered your own question user

>it's a war buddy/love interest is involved with criminals that you have to lock up/kill no matter what episode

youtube.com/watch?v=Haqu-P7ehBw

This show isn't discussed enough on here

Unfortunately.

>tfw no current show that captures an era so vividly

fav eps?

in the drug world, it'd be pretty common for lots of low-level people to get busted one way or another, and if you weren't personally involved you'd probably only hear about the failed operations anyway
also, for an undercover cop, it might be better to have a sort of shitty reputation than it'd be to look "too good to be true" or have no reputation at all

I always assumed that there were enough people in the greater Miami area that he could pull off the same fake name time after time. The proper explanation is likely a) the writers were lazy and/or b) they figured it was easier for the audience to follow the story if the name stayed the same.

There was one episode, probably in the not-so-great S4 where Sonny ends up in a holding cell (I think it was some sort of an internal investigation thing where he got briefly locked up or something) and there's a criminal who sees him and recognizes him as Burnett, thus allowing Sonny to gain some street cred for his cover story. I have this vague memory that it didn't actually have much to do with the rest of the episode but I thought it was a nice touch and almost felt like some writer wanted to answer to an audience member's 'what if' question.

Agreed, it's a fantastic show. There are some outdated, cringey moments here and there (which I blame on those crew members who were too married to old TV conventions from the '70s) and the violence is pretty non-existent due to it being broadcast on national TV instead of cable, but it's still one of the most kino '80s shows ever made.

>episode where they gang tries to find a cryogenically frozen rasta music mogul is followed by a very serious episode where sonny accidentally kills a childuntil a bullshit asspull in the last 5 minutes

Sometimes switching tones like that is a bad thing

Voodoo magic and shiet

these title cards are so aesthetic

Weirdly enough, that's one of my least favourite ones. Some of mine are the pilot, 'Calderone's Return, Part 1', 'Evan', 'Prodigal Son', 'Bushido', 'Walk-Alone' and 'Shadow in the Dark'. 'Payback' might be my all-time favourite episode.

>oldfags should make their presence known
Dude, SSHHHHHH!!!!

>Bushido

Come on man.

Seriously? Soviet ninjas?

Law & Order early seasons kind of does this too with their title cards

Buddhist. He was just meditating on situations.

I never watched it properly, did it aged well?

I REALLY like the one with the miniature cow sperm. Such a thoughtful and pleasant episode.

>aged well

the show IS the 80s if you expect anything else more modern you will be disappointed. that's not a good criteria to judge a show that is so aesthetic.

We got neon pink, neon blue, and purple as a favorite color forever out of it
>seasons 3 to the end didn't pan out as strong

I admit, it's not a perfect episode... but I do like the idea of Castillo evading a skilled assassin at this abandoned building at the end of peninsula, being slowly backed against the ocean, with that weird, haunting song in the background.

But yeah, I do agree that the Soviet ninja thing was fucking retarded and they really hammed it up towards the end where he's driving the car and making sarcastic comments about Americana. Those are the kind of things that make it occasionally difficult to sell the show to new people.

Because Miami Vice is literally the worst thing ever made, or at least that awful 2000s movie was.

>it's a gun kino episode

What said. Also, keep in mind that it still occasionally has those silly moments from oldie-time TV shows, like the occasional comedic character like Izzy or Noogie who you either like or loathe. I've rarely heard people have a middle ground with those two. Also, don't expect swearing, excessive violence or nudity because this was broadcast on NBC.

>ywn drive a modified Black Ferrari Daytona Spider while Phil Collins' "In the air tonight" plays on the stereo and you are about to have a showdown with the guy who ruined your life

Why bother breathing at all?

the same can be said about White Collar (2014)...it's all bullshit TV meant to distract and entertain us. basic rules of logic don't apply...whatever the jews say works will work

The Green Hornet show had this exact same problem.

>that episode where he has to fight his old buddy from nam with a fucking samurai sword

this was a nice thread
see you guys next time

>Because Miami Vice is literally the worst thing ever made, or at least that awful 2000s movie was.
I bet you enjoy to suck cocks. Faggot.

>weeb vice
lmao