What if a fascist, autocratic President took over the United States? And what if that President lost California...

>What if a fascist, autocratic President took over the United States? And what if that President lost California, the sixth largest economy on Earth, by nearly 2-to-1…a margin of almost 3 1/2 million votes? What if the day after that President took power, the largest mass demonstration in history occurred, and the state with the largest turnout was California. And then, the following week, two of the largest international airports in the world, California’s LAX and SFO, were blockaded by protesters? What if California refused to be ruled?

Matteo Pizzolo has talked to Bleeding Cool about his new series for Black Mask, Calexit, with his Young Terrorists co-creator Amancay Nahuelpan.

>Ever since I was a kid reading V For Vendetta or a teenage shop clerk hand-selling Dirty Plotte, I’ve always believed comics and punk rock are the preeminent art forms for sharing important, and sometimes subversive, ideas. Now, more than ever in my lifetime, many of us are looking for everyday heroes who will take a stand in the face of regressive forces. Only in comics could Amancay and I do a project like CALEXIT, an urgent story of right now that we can create collaboratively within the activist community and do so without any corporate interference. The fact that the comic market will support challenging storytelling and that we have the platform to create without any restrictions is a true blessing. I consider it our responsibility to use that freedom in a positive, constructive, and fearless way. Even though CALEXIT has a bleak starting point, it’s a hopeful book. It’s not about divisiveness, it’s about solidarity and inclusion, and it’s only possible for us to tell this story because of the utterly unique support of the comic market.”

>This is the world of CALEXIT, the new ongoing comic book series launching this May from Black Mask Studios, a timely title about resisting oppression, punching Nazis, protecting each other, kicking ass, and demanding liberty for all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WImkta4aLFQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>V for Vendetta is about rebellion being good
Stop this meme

>This is a special moment in the history of comics. We re experiencing a real renaissance of progressive and political comic books and graphic novels,” said Matteo Pizzolo co-founder of Black Mask Studios and the writer of CALEXIT. “It’s not by accident that the first comic to win a National Book Award is the incredible MARCH by Congressman John Lewis, Andrew Aydin and Nate Powell or that images of anti-fascist superheroes are capturing the imaginations of people around the world right now. There’s never been a more diverse range of comics that speak to our politics here at home or to the unrest around the world.”

>In CALEXIT, the citizens of California will struggle to seize power back from an autocratic government. The ongoing series tells the story of Jamil, a 25 year old courier (aka smuggler), and Zora, a 27-year old leader in the Pacific Coast Sister Cities Resistance, who escape together from a prison camp in Occupied Los Angeles, where martial law has been in place for the past year ever since America’s demagogue President signed an executive order to deport all immigrants, and California responded by proclaiming itself a Sanctuary State. Each issue of CALEXIT will also include non-fiction material about local sustainability and grassroots campaigning for 2018 elections.

“I cant think of a time when confronting the status quo with progressive, political art has been more important,” said Brett Gurewitz co-founder Black Mask “Black Mask Studios has consistently focused on stories that are both entertaining and have a real message driving them. With OCCUPY COMICS we published stories devoted to the goals and themes of the Occupy movement. Since then, we published stories about living under a fascist state (GODKILLER), about fighting celebrity politicians (YOUNG TERRORISTS) and gentrification (THE DREGS). We’ve published the 2017 GLAAD nominee KIM & KIM, and the creators of the breakout hit BLACK have donated proceeds to Black Lives Matter

>Calexit

Lol

You can leave california.
But you cant take our water with you.

>Adding a bamdana to the bear
As if that flag wasn't bad enough.

> deport all ILLEGAL immigrants
> California offers refuge to criminals
> somehow the government is in the wrong

Where is the NCR when you need them.

They're busy being cunts in the future-past.

Imagine being this stupid

California is fucked on its own

US is better without it

Fucken do it

Oh boy, is this going to be the liberal equivalent of Liberality for All?

Because I'm liberal as fuck, and have been daydreaming about the coasts joining Canada since Trump won, and that's still the only way I can see this comic being enjoyable

Truly a disgrace to The Bear, and it's Old World flag.

>Because I'm liberal as fuck, and have been daydreaming about the coasts joining Canada since Trump won
You could have saved a lot of time and just admitted to being retarded

Are they going to go in depth how utterly impossible it would be for this to happen? Not only would their economy crash, but they would immediately go into a drought and end up as a 2nd world commie shit-hole collapsing on itself, resulting on the state fracturing into something like the warlord period in China.

Anyone who thinks this is possible is absolutely fucking retarded and ignorant to reality.

That comic is first revealed via (((HuffPo))).

>still being salty over Brexit
>still being this salty that a foreign country DEMOCRATICALLY VOTED to leave an economic coalition because it overstepped its boundaries

Fucking burgers can't get any more melodramatic

>Oh boy, is this going to be the liberal equivalent of Liberality for All?

It seem, Trump election really broke a lot of liberals now they see Calexit as a wise move

>limp-dicked libshit art student thinks anyone wants him in their country
you're such a fucking embarrassment

>donated to blm
literally would have been better burning it.

>Joining Canada
>living under the Queen
t.Benedict Arnold

>the state that's millions in debt to the rest of the union and extremely dependent on the others for importing food and W A T E R and is going to fall into the sea in the next two decades anyway
>seceding

Cali needs the US infinitely more than the US needs Cali.

Ohh boy, a comic that jumps on a HOT NEW POLITICAL TREND.

No way will this look dated as fuck a year from now.

Well shit clearly throwing public tantrums worked out for the tea party so why not do the exact same thing?

>Ever since I was a kid reading V For Vendetta or a teenage shop clerk hand-selling Dirty Plotte, I’ve always believed comics and punk rock are the preeminent art forms for sharing important, and sometimes subversive, ideas

This guy is such a faggot holy shit

Is there any doubt that liberalism is a mental disorder?

>the sixth largest economy on Earth
Why do Caliniggers keep spreading this meme?
California is not a self-sustaining enviroment.

>Tears: The Comic

Have you ever wondered why it is the people who say America is a terrible country are also determined to let as many people possible into such a terrible, autocratic police state?

Oh yeah I forgot all those tea party riots aimed at silencing opposing political views
Oh wait

>ignorant to reality
>posts sam hyde

>Huehue yes goyi-...Anglos give up your own sovereignty of your country to our supernational state

And people are STILL going to insist Brexit is because whites hate Muslim immigrants.

lmao good luck finding those guns for sale in California

Reminds me of the comic wich had only black people obtaining super powers.

Comics seem like they are all about leftist wish fullfillment these days.

I need as many WRONG. images as possible and it will never be enough.

>this is what liberals actually believe

it was better when it was just boy's male fantasies fullfillment

Nope, this smells like the libtard version of Über, but without sci-fi to justify it. Expect Mary Sues and self-inserts at every corner.

>America we're leaving you!
>okay, we're not going to send you any more food, any more water, any more financial aid, and you're going to pay us back every cent you're indebted to us. Also we still have guns and you guys don't anymore because you figured there's no need for them in modern society.

Why are liberals so cringey now? It's like they forgot how to be cool. 8 years isn't really that long is it?

Uber is just staling as soon as the allies start winning it'll be the end.

>implying they were ever cool
They've always been retarded whining children

no user you don't understand

they're the "cultural heartland" of the country! whatever shall we do without them?

Hey man back during the Bush years they were cool. Even guys like Paul Joseph Watson will admit that. They really went over the edge with Trump though. They lost all the nuance and self awareness and now they're just screeching like an autistic teenager.

Wouldnt you know, black mask is the same company who publish that comic

Sammy is more of a man than you'll ever be, desu.

>let's pile up all of our vehicles THAT WE STILL NEED and don't manufacture and will have difficulty importing when we secede into a blockade
>rebels holding the line against what looks like a firing squad oh and there's a pair of lesbian lovers making out on the wall too

Lmao holy shit this is retarded.

unironically yes, because boys could be any boy.

even girls.

>implying they weren't screeching autistic children during Bush
Just because (((Jon Stewart))) told you that you were cool because you were "sticking it to the man", doesn't mean it was true

>cultural heartland
But that's either NYC or Texas? Or if you wanted to really get into it you could say those are still only representative of the coasts' cultures.

Remember when Texas threatened to secede because of Obama and everyone called them retards and they didn't? Yea.

hollywood, hipsters and music media are the only culture they consider exists.

So, were these people okay with Brexit or is it a case of 'it's okay when I do it' sort of thing? Because I strongly suspect the latter.

I don't even like Trump but Jesus people are going into overdive.

youtube.com/watch?v=WImkta4aLFQ

Why are you projecting? The average American couldn't give a fuck less about Brexit or the EJew.

Waiting to see how many studios flee back to Florida or to New Hollywood Georgia if this shit happens.

If BLACK doesn't end in Louis C(uc)K-esque dystopia of genocide and rape, I'm gonna be real disappointed.
Better yet, have the protags be the ones who implement it and have white Tumblrinas drool all over it 'progressive' and 'justified'

>They lost all the nuance and self awareness and now they're just screeching like an autistic teenager.

tends to happen when you lose the meme war.

they have gotten so thoroughfully fucked they just keep doing it to themselves now. Like a perpetual self-harming machine.

Does it explain all about us losing our military bases, including marine training grounds?

>my state still gets demonized for seceding an we're not allowed to talk about it
>it's okay when California does it

lol

The film industry will probably stay in Cali. The Tech industry is going to run like a mother fucker though. The second anyone actually gets succession on the ballot the tech companies will start pulling up shop and moving to red states.

California literally couldn't even if they wanted too.

considering the horrid amount of regulation, taxing and bullshit bureaucracy California has, even the film industry would flee, probably to Nevada or Canada.

Not that all the states around them don't wish a nigga would. If it was up to the west coast Cali would be gone today.

Black Mask is probably the worst indie comics publisher around, even worse than bluewater or whatever the fuck it's called because at least they aren't trying to be cutting edge and failing miserably.

30 Rock was cool.
That Steve Buscemi bit took on a life of its own.

But its fun to see all the Billionaires put money to it.

But it would be a great moment in history.

>California leaves
>Mexico then tries to take over
>California then begs for aid
>California is now a territory
>No representation no voting block

Everybody wins.

30 Rock was way too masturbatory for me.

NBC jerks off to how great SNL is, the series.

The CALEXIT meme is funny because it is legitimately unconstitutional to secede from the US.

Thank you Texas v. White

What about Last Gasp? They still publish comics?

>It's liberals who relentlessly mocked gun-grabbing hillbillies who "could never take on USA state" with handguns unironically start spewing smae shit- episode

Can you eat Javascript?

>Californians say they want to secede
>beg for government help when the largest dam in the country is about to break

wew lad

Liberals really are mentally handicapped.

>tfw i used watch and didnt miss a new episode 30 rock

Why i cant go back?

They were constantly making fun of themselves. Like all the GE advertisement or when Comcast bought NBC so in the show they were bought by some podunk company called Kabletown

The only region of the country that I can see making it on its own is probably the New England and New York areas.

>what if that President lost California
Even if they don't get stomped into the dust all that would happen is that some city in Oregon or Washington become the primary US port and California gets ignored. It suddenly looses it's 'sixth largest economy' status (you gits to trade to be an economy kids) and whatever communist agenda they implement as a government will just make matters worse.
But other commies around the world won't care, because #ItWasNotRealCommunism if it fails.

i just can't see antifa getting off their videogames/social media and using machine guns against police/milatary. I follow a anti-fa dude on twitch, all he does is ramble about trump and fwip his hair while texting. I like him tho

Nestlé pls

Anyone here played 'Shattered Union'?

I think I might reinstall it.

Yea maybe they think its legit like Brexit. Cept that was a economic union that metastasized into a bureaucratic nightmare dictatorship with delusions of grandeur.

Britain And likely France Are lucky to be getting out while the getting is good. And still possible.

>this thread
It doesn't take much to trigger Drumpf supporters, does it?

t. chav

>Presidential Candidates usually win their Home States.
>Trump gets absolutely destroyed in New York.
We tried to warn the rest of the country for decades that he was an idiot. But nobody listens to New York.

Oh please. Every other state in the union would love nothing more than the parasite known as California to leave.

The thing is already collapsing.

Germany unanimously hates Angela Merkel and all refugees now, and Angela is a huge proponent and supporter of the EU. Once they lose Germany and France the thing will collapse.

TAKING BETS NOW
What degree of Mary Sue are the main characters gonna be?
>Sonic OC Level: 11 to 10
>Harry Potter fanfic level: 7 to 3
>Bomb Queen level: 4 to 1

Speaking as someone living in the state, California leaving is a retarded proposition. There are too many political ties to this administration, and honestly leaving the union would leave the democratic party an a precarious like situation. As for self sufficiency, in terms of food we have enough to supply ourselves but as mentioned earlier, southern California is reliant on the Colorado River. Our economy also is particularly integrated with the rest of the union so I wouldn't be suprised if an economic collapse happened if we did leave. Plus if California tried to violently secede, they most likely would get stomped by the multitude of military bases here. This movement is going to end up like Texas threat of secession in 2012.

Even with it, don't they have to import most of their water from out of state?
Wonder how that's going to be handled if/when the dam breaks.
And next summer when the land regularly bursts into flame will be a riot.

I mean, theoretically, you could set up some kind of desalination plant to clean ocean water, but that would take years to set up.

Sonic OC

Yes.
Well, your personal strawman liberalism is probably pretty fucked up.

Bomb Queen, go high or go home.

Sweet real life San Fransokyo

>Echos
>On Sup Forums
>Used correctly.
Gtfo moron. You're supposed to use them on things like (((California Raisins))) and shit.

ITT Sup Forums hates science fiction

>I mean, theoretically, you could set up some kind of desalination plant to clean ocean water, but that would take years to set up.

I've heard that idea floated around, problem is some dam hippie would say sucking in ocean water would be detrimental to marine life.

>Wah muh riots
You people kept vandalizing mosques and black churches and even when you WIN the fucking election you can't hold back from committing mass murders there.

So shut your fucking mouth you hypocrite.

Yep and the ones in operation aren't being run efficiently.

>this level of delusion
What fantasy world do you live in exactly? It sounds exciting

>y-you racist

Yep, keep going.