Which one was more influential to golden age of tv?

which one was more influential to golden age of tv?

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2015/05/david-chase-twin-peaks-legacy.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sopranos, no question

Twin Peaks, obviously

Twin Peaks sucks. There I said. Can we finally stop pretending it’s good now?

The original is really good. S3 sucks though

TP influenced Sopranos but Sopranos is obviously far superior

You are seriously brain dead if you think Twin Peaks is more influential than Sopranos

Listen you pussies, they're both equally important. Sopranos to the Breaking Bad/Mad Men side, Twin Peaks to the LOST/ Stranger Things side of things. Others took as well.

The Sopranos was just gangster movie + muh depression on TV. Twin Peaks was far more influential.

All these newfags. State of Sup Forums.

This. Original is maximum comfy.

Literally every high budget tv show of the 2000s copies The Sopranod

Sopranos was more influential. But Twin Peaks is the better show

Twin Peaks is a damn good show, but it hasn't had the influence that Sopranos has had on television.
>Criminal antihero protagonist
>Muh balancing family and work

exactly

I don't know much about American TV but I guess Sopranos first of all brought well portrayed psychological development of virtually all characters in the show. Then the ambiguous ethics most of the people will sympathize with even if they're scum of the earth criminals.

I wonder what is going to be the big innovation now, because most of the stuff I see are crossovers between the "unapologetically be yourself" and "be a shit" to win the attention of viewers.

twin peaks literally invented modern serialized television formatting.

Sopranos takes parts of Twin Peaks and makes them accessible, making The Sopranos the most readily identified as influential when it is both demonstrating its own influence and the influences of Twin Peaks

it functions as a conduit, and even if Twin Peaks comes first, The Sopranos codified and popularized its tendencies

related: vulture.com/2015/05/david-chase-twin-peaks-legacy.html

Why the fuck is Oz never mentioned in "quality HBO" threads? It's what earned HBO show's reputation in the first place.

Oz wasn't much more than edgy. Edgy doesn't count for anything anymore.

Miami Vice was more influential than both of them.

Not true btw

Lynch is a hack

They were 10 years apart you fucking idiots, Twin Peaks was groundbreaking levels of influential in the early 90s, the Sopranos did the same thing decade later

That being said, Twin Peaks itself heavily influenced the Sopranos, so Twin Peaks is easily the most influential, despite The Gabagools being the better show

In what way was Twin Peaks influential on The Sporanos

Oz is fun but not really anything deep like Sopranos or Wire, it's aged pretty poorly. It did pave way for other HBO shows just by pushing boundaries of how much sex and violence can be shown on television.

Twin Peaks had a cursory effect on television, most writers and directors love it, but they often dont use its pieces that make it great.

Had it been alive for longer than two seasons, who knows.

Sopranos had a huge effect on television. Tony Soprano was the blueprint used for many morally grey characters in television, specifically the big hits

>Vic Mackey
>Walter White
>Donald Draper
>many characters in GOT

Twin Peaks was directly responsible for all the weird supernatural shows like X-Files and Lost.

Sopranos literally turned television from shit into gold

S3 is different but I enjoyed it more than S1 and 2.

Watch it, BOB.

Never seen the Sopranos but I like the idea of the typical "beat your kneecaps in" italian mobster, and liked most of Breaking Bad. I also really like the surreal aspects of Twin Peaks. Will I enjoy The Sopranos?

Absolutely.

The Soprano's are one of the few series on Sup Forums that manages to have both comfy threads and general consensus that it is among the best series every made.
Watch it CHRISSY

Every dream sequence was directly influenced by Twin Peaks, David Chase even says so

Just admit you're out of your league

David Chase has said in multiple interviews how big of a fan he was of Twin Peaks. Plus we wouldn't have shows like Fargo, Leftovers, True Detective without Twin Peaks.

>Why the fuck is Oz never mentioned in "quality HBO" threads?
Because it's shit