Buy my comic please!

>Buy my comic please!

Other urls found in this thread:

icv2.com/articles/news/view/35282/icv2-interview-marvels-david-gabriel-part-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The art look good. But will mockingbird will stilll be a shitty feminist?

She appeared back at the start of this latest relaunch I think, and was like a totally different character from the one in that recent standalone IIRC
Don't buy it, though, Slott doesn't deserve it even if he doesn't write one character like shit, which he still will anyway.

What's wrong with someone promoting their work

I hate the glow in the dark spider

Yes, I agree! How fucking *dare* a professional comic book writer promote the comic *he* writes!

Next thing you know, professionals will have some weird system where they...promote?...their business and attempt to persuade people to take part so that they can preserve their livelihood!

This is it, Sup Forums...you're right...Slott has gone too far! I never - NEVER - want to see Marvel attempt to promote one of their own comics EVER, EVER, EVER AGAIN! This is just sad!

FUCK YOU, SLOTT, FOR RUINING MY FAVORITE FICTIONAL CHARACTER!!!! FUCKING ARRRGRGRGRGRRGRGRGRGRGRGRGR

good jumping on point at the end part of my fucking long ass spider-man run

>what's wrong with shilling
kys

>end part
user...

There is literally nothing wrong with shilling your own work when you're upfront about it.

>good jumping on point at the end part of my fucking long ass spider-man run
>implying Slott's leaving anytime soon

You missed how Slott was repeatedly begging retailers to order more copies of Clone Conspiracy because preorders were abysmal.

He does this with every new story arc now.

Are those spider-minions in the background?

Stuart Immonen is wasted on Slott.

I did because i don't really like slotts work and don't really pay attention to anything he does

I see spectacular spider-man as a challenge to the throne

That 10$ price tag just ain't worth it slott

If you're not actually Slott, that's one hell of a good Slott impression. Reads just like his posts on CBR and the like.

People said the exact same thing about RYV, and see how that turned out.

RYV is failing because it's an elseworlds that doesn't really matter to most spider purists,plus MJ as a superhero just isn't working

You should read his social shenanigans, if not for the laughs.

it's still an elseworlds and doesn't have a recognizable title like spectacular

>turned down a paycheck, just to kill of the character he was writing and replace him with his self-insert version of Otto
>Takes every conceivable opportunity to shit on the character he claims to be a fan of (even calling him anti-Marvel in interviews) and instead pushes his OCs.

Yeah, real fan right there.

I can't get mad, cause really if social media isn't for promotion then what is it good for?

It's not shilling if it's your work, the thing you're selling, and it's open that you're connected to it.
It's advertising.

i hate that despite it being a more advance suit it still rips like a regular spandex costume and randomly shows some floating screens

>Muh dream job
>Write the character/s like absolute shit
Also
>I slept less than 12 hours over 4 days and I was sick and had to be ordered to stop writing that's how committed I am!!!!
What a brave soul, pushing through the flu to write such classics like "Crazy Town Banana Pants" and "The Die is Cast!" as well as the web-diaper shit from that one issue. He's just so committed to the character of Spider-Man.

>Real fans want the character to remain stagnant

Thank goodness you'll never be a comic book writer.

Also
>Doc Ock
>OC
Yeah, okay, user.

>Also
>>Doc Ock
>>OC
>Yeah, okay, user.

Aka
>I've never heard of Silk, who is better at every single thing Peter can do, until she got taken over by another writer.

Ok, newfag.

I'd rather a character stay stagnant than be turned into the joke that Peter Parker has devolved into under Slott.

I've never seen Slott push Silk over some other comic/character. Got a source?

>Got a source?

Apparently you didn't read any of Volume 3 of ASM. Nearly the entirety of it was pushing Silk.

Read a comic, casual scum.

How do we get rid of Dan Slutt? Seriously, I'm missing Spidey

Damn, BTFO

>$9.99 for a single issue

>Muh dream job
>Write the character/s like absolute shit
Be honest, would you turn down the opportunity to continue writing comics even though everything you do turns out awful?

Read Spidey in non-Slott written books. Buy Renew Your Vows and the upcoming Spectacular book.

When ASM's sales start to drop, Marvel will kick Slott off the book.

I think he's got maybe two years left. There are only two stunts he's got left in the bottom of the barrel to spike sales.

>Kill Aunt May
>Reunite Peter and MJ

I can't wait for it to happen because it's an insufferable chore reading a book where everyone takes stupid pills.

her "shitty feminist" phase was due the illness she got in her stand-alone and some unforseen longer-lasting effects of it once she was cured.
She got better and is now back to normal.

I dare anybody to say otherwise.

Plus, if there's two more years, ASM will be getting close to 800 issues total not counting Superior. Perfect time to hand it off to a new writer.

>I think he's got maybe two years left.
That's a long fucking time, when he's already been writing for nearly a decade.

Otherwise.

Ah! I was expecting that!

Your... FAILURE! Youi wrote "Otherwise" with a capital "O" while I dared people to write it with lower-case "o".

This proves I'm right.

otherwise

>Mockingbird writer cries sexist meanies after her

>a bunch of out of shape, Marvel manlets talk shit on Facebook

>Turn around "P...Please buy my comic SJW master race"

bwahaahahahaah, they will totally fall for this shit.

Hey, we can dream. Here's mine:

Marvel beg that cunt Matt Fraction to come back. He only said he would if his wife could write AMS. Slotty can't complain because she's a stronk womaun. You live by these cunts and you die by them.

>Marvel beg that cunt Matt Fraction to come back

He has to draw somewhere. Although it does make me want to ask him what they have on him. Its like how Bendis keeps getting artists like frank fucking Cho to draw for him. The motherfucker writes like eight panels of static figures repeating the thing the other's words back at them.

Who wants to draw that shit?

His art is ugly. He made Superman hard to read.

This is WORSE than not being a fan. This is Chuck Austen, a Superman/X-men fan, running IP he genuinely loves into the ground because he THINKS he's making thing great.

That's a good point, I suppose. I doubt Dan actually thinks his writing/ideas are as bad as they tend to be, why would he stop just because others think it's bad?
Though, the fact that I've seen people complain about his writing from here to Youtube means that it should have pierced his clearly thick skull that something about his writing might not be as good as he thinks by now.

And let's not forget Spider-Verse, though Superior was more relevant than Silk there.

Spider-Verse was part of Vol 3, dummy.

>though Superior was more relevant than Silk there

Silk was the one who figured out how to defeat the Inheritors. You know, despite Peter having done it twice before Spider-Verse... he just randomly forgot how.

The fact that Slott's been shilling so much lately has given me a theory:

I think this event is his last chance to pick up Spider-Man sales. Spider-Man used to be their biggest seller, now it's not.

I bet he told someone at Marvel "you can't kick me off Spider-Man, people are buying it for me, not just because it's Spider-Man!"

So they decided to call his bluff and made his next even its own book instead of going on in ASM, and it still sold less than the last event, so they can conclude Slott has no positive effect on sales.

So now he's blubbering "p-p-please buy m-my new issues!" to try and stay on this book.

NO ONE BUY THIS BOOK
PLEASE
SLOTT OFF SPIDER-MAN

If you take three cups of water and put food coloring in them, you get many different colors...BUT IT'S STILL THE SAME OLD WATER.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually true.

user you are retarded

nah

please God

make it good

Is that seriously fucking ten dollars for a single non-trade comic

>Great jump on point for new readers!
When is this EVER true? I've tried 'jumping on' and never understood comics. The only reason I can even read Spider-Man because I went back and read it all.

>NO ONE BUY THIS BOOK
Isn't that a given with the shit Slott writes?

Stop posting on Sup Forums for a while.

>$9.99

HA! no

And their daughter has a retarded name

Yes, they did that with Deadpool's comic. Like three times in one year.

>great jumping on point
Sure, if you want them to just immediately back off and never ever ever look at a comic ever again in their entire life.

>$10 price tag
Wut
Holy shit. Is this truly the end of the Slotterman era?

>Spider-Man used to be their biggest seller, now it's not.

Spider-Man sales have dipped down to their pre-Superior level but still outsell most things at Marvel that aren't events, have a #1 on the front cover, or say Star Wars on them.

>So they decided to call his bluff

Why? If they wanted him off the book, then they put him off the book. It's a business not a democracy.

>Wut
Look at the barcode part of the cover on OPs image

$9.99

Yes, I saw, hence
> (OP) #
>Holy shit. Is this truly the end of the Slotterman era?

My bad

>jumping-on point for new readers
>the cost of a cheap lunch at Subway

Given the choice between glossy toilet paper and a lukewarm BLT, I'll ask for extra mayo on my sub.

Comics are a dead medium

No, dc/marlel comics ARE a dead medium

I think we've seen the last of feminazi Bobbi. Her writer from her stand alone wasn't kept in a proper leash.

And Deadpool sales have collapsed as a result

I want this to be true.

I take it that nothing happened in that clone wreck

>Lots of characters are revived
>Ben's is back, and clearly crazy
>Event ends with the only character I wanted to make it out of it dead, the rest are essentially alive so anyone can use them.

So yeah, complete waste of time.

>Slept less than 12 hours over the course of 4 days

Please don't tell me it actually takes him this long to write this shit

>Reunite Peter and MJ
He outright hates Mary Jane as a character, so that's not likely. He'll probably kill her off or something.

Dan Slott can go fuck himself.

Anyone who talks about themselves in the third person is a cunt. It's always a sure tell

True, if you look at the chart:

01/16 Deadpool #6 - 59.006 (- 1.1%)
02/16 Deadpool #7 - 88,264 (+49.6%)
03/16 Deadpool #8 - 72,706 (-17.6%)
04/16 Deadpool #9 - 57,798 (-20.5%)
04/16 Deadpool #10- 64,509 (+11.6%)
05/16 Deadpool #11- 62,900 (- 2.5%)
05/16 Deadpool #12- 57,805 (- 8.1%)
06/16 Deadpool #13- 78,536 (+35.9%)
06/16 Deadpool #14- 63,334 (-19.4%) (CV2)
07/16 Deadpool #15- 67,822 (+ 7.1%) (CV2)
08/16 Deadpool #16- 55,577 (-18.1%) (CV2)
08/16 Deadpool #17- 57,681 (+ 3.8%) (CV2)
09/16 Deadpool #18- 59,027 (+ 2.3%) (CV2)
09/16 Deadpool #19- 47,948 (- 18.8%)
10/16 Deadpool #20- 46,109 (- 3.8%)
10/16 Deadpool #21- 51,351 (+11.4%)
11/16 Deadpool #22- 38,630 (-24.8%)

#7, 13, and 21 were the $9.99 issues.

icv2.com/articles/news/view/35282/icv2-interview-marvels-david-gabriel-part-3

ICV2: Do you feel that example (Civil War II #1) was successful?
David Gabriel: I think that one was very successful in terms of sell-through. I know people like to think that’s our plan always now. We do #1s, so we’re going to do them on everything. I think $4.99 is a good price. I think $5.99 was also a result of Brian [Michael Bendis] had a larger story to tell that he wanted to get out in one issue. There’s a lot of that. Editors will come in say so-in-so wants to make an issue triple-sized one month because his story is so big. And we say, that’s not a good idea, because when you look at the curve of sales, then we won’t do it. But if there’s something that we can get behind and market and promote, it does very well. For whatever reason, Deadpool at $9.99 sells phenomenally well. And the editor groans when we say we should do another one in a couple of months, because they do very well. They almost double in sales from the regular $3.99 issue.

And as you can see there, sure, it did work the first two times. But then they did it again for #21, it barely raised sales and then #22's sales was lower than #20.

>I think $4.99 is a good price

Why are any of you giving money to these people?

From the looks of the sales, they're not.

>build up to nothing
>suddenly everyone goes full retard
>barely even touch upon any actual changes
>abrupt ending
>extra issue to actually go over what happened

Typical Slott fashion it crashed and burned. And it wasn't even that interesting of a mess.

This is silly, but they are trying to regain Superior level sales. That's why they're dragging Norman and Ben out again.

She was only feminist in her own book or in comics that mocked that book. In Spidey, she's a jerk who wants Pete's dick.

>Spending ten fucking dollars on lunch
>Not even at a good restaurant or local diner.

Do you wipe your ass with 20 dollar bills, you fat fuck?

Is it weird that I still get much amusement out of the hateboner Sup Forums has for Slott's Spider-man?

Not at all, Dan.

I wish. I have to make due with the overshipped issues of "Champions" and "Mosaic" instead.

At least Superior had a contreversal premise. It made people interested to see the train wreck. Spider-verse had a cool premise, and that Spider-man mobile game that blew up then was real fun, I haven't uninstalled it yet. Shame about the actual story though.