/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Pod Racing Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
Aftermath: Empire's End (February 21)
Rebels 3.15: Through Imperial Eyes (February 25)

>Rebels 3.14: " Trials of the Darksaber
mega.nz/#F!6kczUR6L!03HhW1zTC92RQPHlO3Yi0w

>Rebels Recon: Legacy of Mandalore
youtube.com/watch?v=KPtdpmKvEwE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/starwars/2017/02/20/star-wars-lucasfilm-legends-expanded-universe-george-lucas/
youtube.com/watch?v=vlSn50_BePU
reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5v6c7x/why_do_so_many_dislike_the_prequel_movies/ddzrulg/?context=10000
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is she, /swco/?

Inferior

TFA BTFO
F
A

B
T
F
O

I want Maul to find peace.

All his life has been about conflict and war.

He's lost his family, his home, hell, even his identity.

the mystery of the force

For anyone wondering, the Aurebesh reads
"Quadinaros vs Sebulba - We'll sell you the whole seat but you'll only need the EDGE!!!"

Top tier taste.

I'm pretty certain my xeno / monster girl fetish can be single handedly attributed to star wars

Can you read it yourself?

comicbook.com/starwars/2017/02/20/star-wars-lucasfilm-legends-expanded-universe-george-lucas/

>"I think what you see in a lot of the work that I get to be involved with is that I have a tremendous respect for all the people that worked through that era," Filoni told ComicBook.com in an extended conversation about the Expanded Universe. "I felt like those storytellers were really able to keep Star Wars alive and very vivid for a bunch of people, myself included. I don't think you can ever take anything away from that effort. I would never frankly, personally, try to marginalize it. A lot of it is very good. I didn't read everything. I don't know it in detail as some of the fans do, and so that's why I would hesitate to say that I'm this mega EU fan. I just have a tremendous respect for it all, and I have a tremendous respect for the fact that people love it. I knew, many of us did inside Lucasfilm, how difficult it would be when we're saying, 'Okay, these are now Legends regardless of how much that makes sense.'"

>That difficulty stems mostly from a misunderstanding on what those old tales were ever meant to be. The terminology of "Expanded Universe" was a careful one; it expanded on the world created in the core stories, but was never officially meant to be Star Wars canon, according to the Maker himself, George Lucas.

>"For me and my training here at Lucasfilm, working with George, he and I always thought the Expanded Universe was just that. It was an expanded universe. Basically it's stories that are really fun and really exciting, but they're a view on Star Wars, not necessarily canon to him," Filoni explained. He worked extremely closely with George Lucas on Star Wars: The Clone Wars, taking Lucas's ideas and fleshing them out into six seasons (plus unproduced episodes, novels, and comics that expanded it).

>tfw Pablo bought into the stigma of Sup Forums and refuses to look at any boards
>tfw he would actually probably like and fit in with /swco/

I still love that line.

>"That was the way it was from the day I walked into Lucasfilm with him all through Clone Wars, everything we worked on, he felt the Clone Wars series and his movies were what was actually the reality of it all, the canon," Filoni said, "then there was everything else. So it wasn't a big dynamic shift for me mentally when there was this big announcement saying the EU is now Legends. I'm like, 'Okay, well, it's kind of the same thing to me because that the way I work.' What George and I always used to do though is look at what was out there, and you would see characters like Ventress and go, 'My gosh, what a great character.' People love this character. He saw Aayla Secura; He puts her in the film. So there was this great collaborative way where you could take these ideas, but you have to always kind of apply the Star Wars Cinematic Universe of what the canon is to those characters when you translate them."

>That's the approach, then, that he's taken on both Star Wars: The Clone Wars and into Star Wars Rebels. When developing a past for the Jedi and Mandalorians, it makes sense to reference the Mandalorian Wars from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. When it's time for a major military leader in the Empire to plague the Rebels, it made more sense to pull in Thrawn than to make someone new.

>"Thrawn is a great example of that. I could've created a new admiral, right?" Filoni said. "But why, when there's such a fantastic character like Thrawn? As long as you can use that character the right way, the way they were intended, and you're not changing them, because if you're going to change them too much, then don't even bother. Leave that character alone until you can use them in a way that we're familiar with."

>Legends fans should expect that all to continue, too, and Filoni teased that more will be coming even in this season of Star Wars Rebels.

>"It's not always just characters. There's a couple other things as we go forward even that will pop up that people will see. Sometimes it's just vehicles or things that are reminiscent, again, because a lot of times guys from Lucasfilm designed stuff, and then it went into product into the EU. So why not use it? Making someone happy out there," Filoni teased. Bringing the Hammerhead in from the old republic era, for example, it then went to the big screen in a pivotal moment in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. "I think that's when we work at our best though. None of that was contrived. It all came out of necessity and telling stories and linking things up, and John Knoll had that idea to have them utilized in that way, and he's like, 'Would that makes sense?' I'm like, 'Yeah, it sounds great.' They are called Hammerheads, so might as well hit something with them. So yeah, it was really fun. I love the reaction that the audience had to the Rebels things that were in Rogue One. I thought it was really great how powerfully it was received."

>The long and short of it, then, is this: the old Expanded Universe, now Legends, is well-respected and revered by Dave Filoni and the team at Lucasfilm. It can be pulled from and will continue to be pulled from whenever it makes sense; that's the way George Lucas intended, and will help build an ever-richer world for Star Wars fans new and old.

>an interview with Filoni about working with Lucas

One of us! One of us!

Tubby would never be welcome here. George's shill is a cancer and he helped murder pre-established lore to push a kiddie agenda run by feminazis and SJWs. Filoni, Hidalgo, and everyone who works with the Mouse are what's killing this franchise and turning it into a soulless abomination where the Force comes from a fucking tree and blatant Jedi propaganda is considered facts when none of it is supported by what was shown in the films. The only Unifying Force in their future will be all of them burning in a bonfire for the wretched depravity they've made of Star Wars.

Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc!!

I kek'd.
Have a Krennic.

Those double-dubs are pretty impressive, for a Lothcat.

hOLY SHIT

why is it when I check dubs on Sup Forums I get banned but these assholes get off scot free

>Haatyc or'arue jate'shya ori'sol aru'ike nuhaatyc!!
Does it mean anything?

People go on and on about the PT lacking various things, and my argument isn't that their wrong, it's that the OT had all the same problems.

Can anyone REALLY tell me that Luke was developed """well""" according to whatever arbitrary meaning of well used to judge the PT?

>ANH
Luke is a stock self insert "dreamer" protagonist who meets and old wizard and after only one "training" scene is able to call on the force to guide missiles with pinpoint accuracy.

>ESB
Learns some philosophical stuff about the nature of calling on the force, but then somehow became good enough with a Saber for Vader to comment on it/notice it, even though Yoda never taught him how to fight with a Saber. (whether he did it offscreen or not doesn't matter, as PT bashers wouldn't accept offscreen as an answer for something in the PT).

>ROTJ
Same thing PT bashers meme on ROTS for.
Just Like Anakin has become much stronger off-screen, In between films Luke has become a borderline master capable of dueling his father into submission.

It never mattered that SW had shit writing for OT babbies, so why do they bash the PT for it?

this is going to be a threadly post

plz no

'Better one big enemy than many small ones'.

Alright, thanks

>Pablo bought into the stigma of Sup Forums and refuses to look at any boards
We have posters making memes of pedophilia in Star Wars. It shouldn't be a surprise a lucasfilm employee would want to not visit here.

I honest to god hate the SS posters.

It's beyond pathetic.

I think that poster died it's been awfully quiet lately.

What the fuck is their problem?

To be fair, Pablo said he wouldn't visit reddit even if someone paid him too.

Muslims.

They look like they belong in Morrowind

Anakin doesn't like them because they are SAND People.

I think that's fair. It's bad enough he gets assaulted by turbonerds on Twitter on a daily basis.

Why was there no 9/11 TCW episode where a pack of tuskens hijack a rebulic cruiser and crash it into the banking clans headquarter on coruscant?

>what is the temple attack

Jawas stole their rides.

Tuskens never leave Tatoonie with some (albeit legends canon) only off world because they were enslaved by others. The Tusken raiders are such a nuisance that the Hutts, locals, and Imperials fought at any chance they could.

youtube.com/watch?v=vlSn50_BePU

Tarkin Rogue One short featurette

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

All that effort just so he could BTFO Krennic in full scenes.

Beautiful.

Recently he trolled kotor fans with his profile pic

When will he stop?

I hope Sabine will get a recolor, i cant stand her armor.

Not only the pic.

I think was more of a jab towards the Dune movie than The Force Awakens.

JJ pls

Holy shit KEK.

Pabloooooo! You can't just tease us and not make that happen.

>this denial

Today I will remind all the mandofags how everyone really sees you.

She will probally get a more mature look next time we see her, im thinking full on house of wren colors and normal haircolor

HOOOORK!
*cruiser crashes into the building*

reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/5v6c7x/why_do_so_many_dislike_the_prequel_movies/ddzrulg/?context=10000

>Pandering and respecting are not the same thing. Lucas is a shitty director and always has been. The OT had other people involved to balance him out, prequels he didn't anyone have that kind of power and it hurt the saga overall.

>What's it like going through life just being wrong?

Looks like somebody is angry

>The OT had other people involved to balance him out, prequels he didn't anyone have that kind of power and it hurt the saga overall.
But the PT is better than the OT.

Yeah but the pic: is the teaser for when she will come back, and she still looks the same

Much anger I sense in him.

Like his father.

E V E R Y T H R E A D

Im starting to love this man.

But really, there is something dirty behind this, he his making too much jokes about the series

>Childish? More like tired. I just don't have the energy to explain what I actual meant by my comments and its kinda clear you're not in the mood to listen to my argument anyway. Just know I am not saying what you think I'm saying. And you conclusions about the prequels are wrong.

What the fuck does that even mean? They don't know what they're typing?

It's Reddit language. Better not communicate with them.

>Don't care, done wasting time, blocked. Go cry to someone else.

Kek, somebody needs a nap

No, it was a promo picture fot the last episode

Oh, ok then. Well looks like i can hope

>we don't see Anakin and Obi-Wan's frriendship in the films

How did this meme start?

it came with the prequel hate bandwagon. people only acknowledged the scenes where Angsty Anakin was angsty in AOTC

Empire's End is tomorrow right? So we'll get spoilers and reviews and be able to figure out if it's worth wading into?

Surprise mangoes

Don't summon him

There have been spoilers of reddit for like a week

>reaction video
>OMG I totally did not see that coming guys! What an epic twist for an epic show! gg Disney!

Are you disappointed or pleased there are apparently a very large amount of Mandalorians, and Mandalorian worlds?

I know that in the EU Mandos were relatively few in number, and either nomadic or settled in agrarian lives on Mandalore, a shadow of what they once were. In Canon they've apparently been crucial in the Clone War with the amount of territory under their sway, and maybe crucial again if they can be united against the Empire. Satine represented a large swath of systems, and the latest Recon confirmed Mandos have a lot of worlds besides Mandalore. Being a much larger culture and state means the Mandos aren't just supercommando warriors anymore, even if they're oriented towards honor. Being a Mando is far less unique in the Canon because there are apparently millions if not billions of people in Mandalorian territory, and in the Mandalorian clans/houses. So your OC isn't as much of a special snowflake. However, Mandalorians as a whole have the potential to be much more powerful now in future Canon events, like the war between the First Order and the New Republic.

I think this is a much better interpretation of the Mandalorian than the EU had, and also introduces a needed lesser faction so wars aren't always Empire vs Republic

If they ever actually did anything interesting they'd be a neat faction, but they dont so they arent

>entire fucking corner of the galaxy is nothing but special OC FOR HONOR clans duking it out with 1000 year old outdated tech

>Episode 1
Obi-Wan sits on the ship for most of the movie, only trains Anakin because Qui-Gon told him to when he was dying even though everyone else including Obi-Wan thinks its a bad idea
>Episode 2
They're separated for most of the movie, whenever they're apart Anakin bitches about Obi-Wan, whenever they're together Obi-Wan yells at Anakin for being a retard
>Episode 3
They're kinda friendly for the first part of the movie in the space battle, but then afterwards they don't do anything together until Obi-Wan confronts him at the end and leaves him to die after cutting off his limbs and leaving him burning on the edge of a lava lake

he was a good friend

Damn son, what movies did you watch.

>his fate will be the same as ours

commit suicide

I like what they are doing with the Mandos.

>They're kinda friendly
Holy reductionism Batman!

Honestly though, what goes through people like you's minds?

Do you realize that you are lying to yourself to propagate a narrative that you don't benefit from?

Eh, I doubt it. Squashing Sabine's artistic side would look like a loss of character - I think Sabine might Wren-ify her outfit and and change her hair color, but I'm pretty sure she's still going to stand out and still clearly convey her artistic roots.

in what way am I lying to myself? No one who's responded to my post has replied with any arguments against what I said, unless calling me a liar without saying why counts as an argument

I hope she at least gets a new set of armour. The one she has now looks like it's the same she wore when she left Mandalore at the age of 13.

Because you haven't posted anything truthful,
The way you mischaracterize and minimize the events of the PT that don't jive with your self deceltion is plain as day.

>kinda friendly
wew lad

I'm kind of confused about the warrior Mandos and whether they ever really went away. Satine believed that the warriors had all died out after being banished to Concordia, and presumably the Mandalorian systems she led had also adopted pacifism like she did, but now it seems like there were warriors all along, and not even just in hiding.

ZAHN SINGLE HANDEDLY WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR GEORGE GETTING OFF HIS BUTT AND MAKING THE PREQUELS

WHETHER YOU THINK THAT'S A GOOD OR BAD THING IS IRRELEVANT

THRAWN BROUGHT STAR WARS BACK TO LIFE

I think we'll see that in Season 4, but I'm pretty sure her jetpack and helmet will stay the same, along with the vambraces.

Kinda hope that the rest of the squad will update as well to reflect their ranks (Hera, Zeb, Chopperlol).

>ZAHN SINGLE HANDEDLY WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR GEORGE GETTING OFF HIS BUTT AND MAKING THE PREQUELS
inb4 witty remarks

>tfw they are setting up Rebels to be like TCW

I'm betting right now that we'll be following several arcs next season as the Ghost crew begins to split. I hope to god we get more imperial perspective, I think I'll cry.

Thrawn Trilogy being successful brought George "Dollar Sign Eyes" Lucas out of hibernation. He realized Star Wars fans were still buying shit and there was an audience still after all those years.

also
>George
>Getting off his butt

maybe to move to a different chair