This thread

This thread.

I don't have the one with the donut in it on me but you can treat it that way if you like.

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/9802166
pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
docdroid.net/PsLwIGQ/wbh-2017.pdf.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do I translate a female pointy chin from front view to side view without it looking masculine?

I've been working on fanfics. Do those count?

Sure why not. Post 'em. I could go for some easy reading.

Here's a quick Gravity Falls one. I'd be interested in knowing what you think

archiveofourown.org/works/9802166

Post the character you're drawing but a pointed chin that doesn't jut out too prominantly typically reads as feminine. Also I guess reference other images of females you'd like to emulate.

Got some things i've done over the past week.
While these are done, i'd appreciate any criticism for moving forward.

Been doing a little bit of drawing over the weekend. Might as well post a few things that I did.

>I don't have the one with the donut in it

Here you go.

Another one.

Here's just something I did while feeling weird and had no idea what to draw.
Kind of reminds me of Eustace from Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Around here and onward is when I started using Designdoll for pose references.

And the last one for now, finished it late last night.

Here. 3/4 neck looks pretty shit here but it isn't really relevant to what I'm asking.

Drew this nasty gent a week ago.

Recent li'l somethin'. Rich, bratty (but mostly nice) gal named Rachel. She has a thing for 40s/50s fashion, or at least what she assumes is 40s/50s fashion. She also really likes watches.

I've been getting a lot more comfortable with my lineart lately. It's by no means perfect, but it's a far cry better than I used to be, so much so that I've actually been confident enough to do lineart rather than sculpting out a sketch.

I've been trying to make quicker strokes for curves rather than try to be all slow and "perfect," since that just never works. I've also been trying to use more of my arm rather than just my wrist. These two things make a bigger difference than I thought they would. I'm still in that "undo, stroke, undo, stroke" phase, but I'm at least ending up with lines I'm happy with rather than settling with "ugh, whatever, fuck it. That'll do."

Dem some fingies right there. A little far spread, but well-detailed.
I like the shirt's texture. Was never able to get that simple pattern down, myself.

wow, this looks pretty clean. Good job on the colors and lineart.
Any plans for what to do with Rachel or is she just a character to do like...pinups.

Thank you!

She's a character in a comic I do, actually. She's not quite as prominent of a character as I wish she was, though. But then, I think that about a lot of my characters. Word of advice: Never create 16+ characters in a comic if you love each and every one of them. Most of them have to take a back seat 90% of the time.

Sketch of a character I was thinking up this morning. Forgive the autism, but this is the little paragraph the I had to accompany the picture:
>She’s an assassin with supposed ties to otherworld spirits; rumor is that they steal away any sound she makes, save for her laughter…and as such, she takes a vindictive joy in her work.
Still working with the design a little, but not too dissatisfied with it so far.

ever since I moved to digital I hate drawing traditionally

I haven't drawn anything lately but I'm about to start taking commissions soon.
Anyone have any advice I should know before hand about working with clients and all that?

Typically ask for payment up front, or at least after presenting the draft sketch.

If you're using Paypal, use invoices (Top of account pages, Send & Request, Create Invoice). Avoids the client or Paypal making a mistake and giving you legit legal troubles. I'm serious about that, Paypal is a bitch about very precise rules or something and some artists have been sued over mere pennies.

Not that user, but I tend to ask for payment after I finish a sketch or whatever. I dunno. I guess I trust people to not rip me off more than I trust myself to not become incredibly lazy and never finish it.

working on making my backgrounds more interesting atm

Gestal, a formerly human child who was interested in the dying art of magic. She accidentally killed her brother when a spell caught her house on fire. She was cursed by her mother to become a beastperson and kicked out of the kingdom. She was found and raised a masked man named Ozwald. He was world traveled with a dark sense of humor but ultimately friendly.

Once she's an adult, she goes off on her own, only to discover the world's not kind to beastpeople. Ozwald watches over her from the shadows and gives her supplies every week, but when he disappears, she makes it her mission to find him.

Gestal is good natured but is no upstanding hero. She fears conflict and does her best to keep to herself. She wouldn't dream of committing theft but if she saw a robbery in progress, she would try to get away safely instead of trying to stop it. This fear stems from her guilt over killing her brother, as her beast form has also made her physically powerful, and she's terrified of hurting others in this state. (She also accidentally killed a wolf as a child, which Ozwald tried to assure her was okay because it was self defense, but she still feels guilty about it)

Her gun does not shoot bullets, but rather mild poisons that numb whatever limb they hit. She makes these herself (a technique she learned from Ozwald) and regularly uses them on her own body so she understands the power behind them.

oops, forgot to mention; by "dying art of magic" I mean that the universe has a sort of 1900s aesthetic and technology has effectively made magic obsolete, though it still exists in some respects like the curses that make beastpeople like Gestal.

This isn't much, just a character I designed for another thread based on an user's post.

The premise of the character is: she died and became a ghost while her body became a zombie.

And here's a follow up I did for the same thread.

I guess she's British.

Have you posted in these threads before? This style seems very familiar. I really like.

I'm very back and forth with that. Sometimes I do better with digital, sometimes I do better with traditional.

Your art still looks good though.

Don't have to worry about me, Batman. 51st day in the year and I've finished 45 drawings.

last year my total was 311 finished drawings in 365 days

I think I could stand to do some procrastinating

>procrastinating

I'd say that's more like "taking a break" in your case.

>Have you posted in these threads before? This style seems very familiar. I really like.

Yeah, I've posted several times in the past. All of it related to characters in my ongoing comic, usually just character sheets.

I've been working on a new issue lately though. (In my narrative illustration class for a grade, lol.)

Only have two pages inked atm though. Gotta find the time to ink more of them amidst my other academic obligations.

Oh hey, I saw her in the ghost thread earlier today. Nifty idea actually! I originally saw her in your second sketch when I was lurking that thread. Thought she was a conjoined twin, lol. However, I find the idea of a ghost possessing her own body and treating it like a buddy to be far more imaginative.

Do you plan to do more with her?

>Do you plan to do more with her?

I may draw more, though I haven't really gone that far with her.

I was considering having her name in life be Annemarie, so after she dies the ghost goes by Anne and the zombie goes by Marie.

One last one I got done today.

I had assumed she was a "spur of the moment"-esque creation since ideas were being thrown around in the thread. It's rather nice you wanna do more with her though. It'd give her more purpose as a character imo. Especially if you were to develop the cause of her zombification/ghostliness.

>I was considering having her name in life be Annemarie, so after she dies the ghost goes by Anne and the zombie goes by Marie.

Haha. That's adorable. Simple, but it works well with her theme.

You're the fella who's posted those framed images in the previous threads if I'm not mistaken. Really enjoy the way you use hard lines and shadow. It gives your style a nice visual comparison to Mike Mignola's Hellboy.

I swear, I once saw you post in the /x/ OC threads. Maybe I'm just mistaken though.

Does that guy at the bottom have eyes for nipples?

Nice!

Did this a couple of days ago. Currently doing a close-up shot from a different angle.

Planning to use this stuff as animation BGs.

Watercolored this shit

can I get some opinions on this? Something about the backgrounds seem off, I tried emulating the brush stroke textures in the actual show, but I feel like I failed somewhere

anyone who uses Clip Studio Paint know of any good brushes for that sort of thing?

Background looks fine to me, maybe make the fire stand out more and add more of a shadow effect. Also Jack's nose could be a little longer. But it's still real good.

It's the lines on the trees famalam
Something looks off with the lines

I'm not an expert but I think that having the trees a slightly different hue than the grass might make the colors seem more balanced. overall I think it looks fine though

also I love you for that filename

anything specific? Maybe their colors?

Just finished this.

How do you post pics from phone without having the bullshit horizontal thing on them?

post a screenshot of it

>Phone posters on Sup Forums

bump

Is OC allowed here?

I've been making new art for my cartoon series (If you go on writefag threads you may remember me).

>pastebin.com/p3vp7Hcv
>docdroid.net/PsLwIGQ/wbh-2017.pdf.html

What are the flaws in this drawing and how can I improve it?

>Is OC allowed here?
Yeah, this is actually a "Work on your donut steel" thread. OP just forgot the pic.

bumpage.

Very good. I like the texture of everything.

A phone doodle

should probably write more than i do on my drawings. the capybaras name is alex and i still havent decided on a name for her friend.
the badger isn't bratty despite how she probably comes off as in these. i just wanted to draw something cute. i hate the tomboy tough girl trope
anyway here are some more doodles and 2 animation frames
the blue dress is a school uniform

Working on a sonic parody with a fairly famous youtube channel.

Here's a painting I've been working on.

A character sheet too.

Neat design, I like how gestural it is.

And another sheet...it might look familiar, but I did end up redoing some parts of this, specifically the poses on the left and right.

My style has been a weird spot lately since I'm trying to draw more stylistically but I'm having a hard time simplifying things since I'm used to doing more realistic proportions. I think it's time to do anatomy studies again.

Yeah, I like the texture on this too. Is the bg going to be animated or is it going to be use for a scene? I'm interested to see what you come up with.

The expressions can be pushed more, since it's not reading very well. Same can go for the poses, they both look very stiff.

Also, find your light source and stick with it! I think I know where the light is coming from, but some of the shadows feel too randomly placed.

I do like the style for this though, it reminds me of an illustration from a book I used to read as a kid (or something from a cartoon I used to watch, can't remember what it is though).

I did a doodle for that thread too. My thing was that she slipped and died in the shower, which is why the zombie is wet and naked.

keep the jaw rounded instead of squared and dont have the chin too long
though you have mant other things to work on as well, your head lacks a cranium and you need to be more consistant

The expression looks stiff because characters are supposed to be stuck behind an invisible wall. Pic related is the handdrawn version.

Thank you for your tip about lighting.
Is the anatomy ok?

Recently I made some Refs for my characters.

These are great. Blog?

Yotomore on tumblr is where I post most of my WIPs.
Yotomoe is where I post most of my finished stuff and concept sketches.

I'll be honest, I don't post as often as I should.

I've got this animatic I'm working on.

I also just finished my first ever channel-tan related pic.

Playing around with some expressions!

Oh hey, nice AS-tan! I actually made her so I'm glad people like her design enough!

>your head lacks a cranium
Got any refs on that?

Don't die, Batman.

I'm not done with you yet.

Hey, you're the reason why I keep finding cool stuff when I search Sugar!
Like you stuff. Keep it up!

Was playing around with different styles for my doughnut steel.

Being doing new tests with the lighting. Background is not ready yet

practice wip
>tfw you forgot how to draw
JUST

your expressions are always lovely to see

i do actually, ill post some right after

and this sorta
i have a bunch of others for different things though

The proportion are throwing me off.

While this is very well rendered and is pretty on model for an eye, you don't have a lot of depth to it.

That bottom eye doesn't look circular, it looks flat. You should think of the eye itself more like a sphere with another curved surface sitting on top of it.
It's also worth mentioning that often times the eye ball will contort slightly depending on the position of the iris, because the iris does protrude just a little.

Drew this the other night.
Joesph is my favorite.

Meet my OC miotal.

Bump

Workin' through a design for a candle guy! I'm liking this color palette, though I'm not sure if it's a little too much.

Been working on this for a while.

She's a cutie. Tell me a bit about her. Why does she wear the ball n' chain.

>There's a centaur.

You have my attention, user!

She is a nine year old queen, who lives in a lamp with her kingdom.

Her parents are savages warriors that rules lands if they want. And she got a polite Irish butler/teacher/baby-sitter named Mr. Pebbles.

Yesterday I ragequitted a painting I was doing and went to bed really, really mad at myself.

Today I decided to draw again, but something different. This is an OC I'm working on. The idea is old, but I wanted to have a cute picture for the character sheet of my webcomic, with the characters in heroic costume.

Ah, I forgot to say that I'm not done with it yet, just half way.

He looks like a young handsome pilot. I'd totally be his copilot, if you know what I mean

Oh, we can share him.
I warn you he's quite short, tho.

youre right, thanks senpai will do

nice