Dormammu ive come to bargain

It didnt
But it wasnt memorable at all.

>mfw Dr Strange got last minute reshoots
>mfw SS barely had any reshoots all the meddling was in pospro
>mfw Dr Strange probably had a bigger marketing budget than SS

>Highest grossing marvel origin movie ever
>Bomb
You'll know what a real bomb is on June 3rd.

It didn't.
Sure it would have made more money as a summer release than in the fall, but it still made a lot for a fall release.

Then why does no one talk about it? Was it purely a forgettable popcorn flick.

HOL UP
>adjusts closck
LEME TELL YALL
>plays piano
FO REAL NAO
>isnt tony stark
HEYA LEME HOLLA
>ignores love interest
OI DORMANMU
>shaves with gillete quintfusion
HEY YO HOLLA ATCHA BOY
>the best a warlock can get
YO DURMAMO IVE COME GO BARGIN SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

>It's another "angry DCbros try to throw shade on Marvel" episode.

It didn't.

It got pretty much destroyed by Suicide Squad though

This is Sup Forums, we never shut the fuck up about what we hate.

See

It didn't and it was better than Ant-man. Didn't it also do comperably well against BvS?
What's june 3rd?

It's more fun to talk about things that are awful. How long have you been on Sup Forums?

>What's june 3rd?
Nothing important

>makign shit up
>not knowing that DrS had reshoots too by Dan fucking Harmon no less

Also SS got no China release lmao

Teehee

t. butthurt dc friend

Because no RDJ, why do you think they pay him like 50 millions to star in 250 million budget movies?

Doctor Strange played a lot like pre-Iron Man 1 super hero movies. It would have bombed without MCU and Cumberbunchesofoats, but it had 2 wonderful crutches to make it appear halfway decent.

Well Suicide Squad was a surprise hit that overperformed pretty hard, it'd be unfair to compare them

This movie performed more or less according to expectations, maybe a little under because no 700M

I thought benedictal cucumberpatch had quite the following

The cape was the best character

What is your point? They fucked up SS badly in editing.

>They fucked up SS badly in editing

Exactly my point. Ayer confirmed there were basically no reshoots, the meddling was in editing aka post production, and it was mostly cutting stuff. I think the movie was shit just so we're clear

He has, that's why we can say this movie underperfomed

I'm no veteran comics reader, but even I could tell the "Staff of the Living Tribunal" should have been much more than a stick weapon.

Just sayin'

I'm pretty sure none of his other movies made as much money as this one.
Also for the argument of RDJr, his movie the judge bombed despite him being in it.
Just because an actor has a lot of loyal fans doesn't mean they're going to watch anything he does.

>we will never see eternity or the living tribunal in a mainstream movie

But the magic Shaolin monks were still cooler than Disney's uninspired Sith rehashes, Cooler weapons too.

The magic in this movie was so boring. All they could do was fold shit and make glowing energy bullshit with their hands, the portal ring, astral shit, and the time travel amulet. That's it. Also the whole "Mirror Dimension" thing, which is just a cop out so they can have big magic battles in a city but no one gets hurt because these movies have no balls.

>Then why does no one talk about it?

We had 3 threads for Doc Strange just today.

Inception kingfu magic was just insufferable., what were they thinking.

Sling ring portal effects was just a bad decision

Fox did it better

I love Hellblazer, was disappointed with the rape of the source material of Constantine, and enjoyed DrS.

That being said, Constantine has aged really well. In retrospect, it's a far better supernatural wizard hero movie.

I was honestly hoping for Constantine sort of magic, rather than mostly LCD Jedi.

He's sherlock and sherlock is really popular.

RDJ is Iron Man and the only Marvel movies that have made more than 900M were with him as MC. In Civil War they paid him like 8 times more than Evans

Tilda Swinton was, as with every genre flick with her in it, .. the best thing in it.

There was just too much comedy. And I'm a guy that likes comedy. It also didn't help that Kaicellius was the blandest possible villain.

And this is just me, but I feel like they were shitting on Strange way more than he deserved. Yeah he was full of himself, but he was still an extremely skilled doctor that saved lives every single day.

No lie, I was super attracted to the Ancient One.

>Yeah he was full of himself, but he was still an extremely skilled doctor that saved lives every single day.
It was implied he only helped those that were sure things, like anybody that could potentially tarnish his reputation he stopped giving a shit about.

In the car they ask him to do a job to make War Machine walk again, and he's like "nah fucking no chance he'll be walking or statified with my work"

God awful movie

>BvS
>amazing visuals and great fights
>lackluster story
>universally hated

>Doctor Strange
>good visuals with a lot of inception copying
>story? characters?
>universally loved

Jadis mate.

Muh dick.

My only complaint is that they didn't use forced perspective and/or CGI to make her 7 feet tall.

Favourite literary villainess ever.

>Doctor Strange 673,623,522
>Man Of Steel 668,045,518

>>universally loved

Don't buy into the manufactured hype meme, this movie was received as meh and forgotten as such. Compare it to movies actually loved like Avengers or Mad Max and you'll know in your heart it's true

Literally who?

Both as a reason why it flopped and seriously

you

None of the good MCU or DCEU movies are memorable. They're all either just popcorn flicks or pathetic failures.

Marvel/Disney cannot make a decent low budget magic special effects

Those sling ring portal and clear crystal swords were painful to watch

The dark dimension/dormamu looks like fart gas

Magic should be the draw of this but its the thing that made it sucks

Holly shit.

Seriously? A list Superman made less than C list Doctor Strange?

Truly patethic.

>Captain Underpants movie
>Not important

They're both Sherlock.

Yes, people like him as Tony Stark, but they don't give a rat's ass about him outside of that role.

They also totally overdid some of them. The alternate dimensions felt like they were trying harder than Enter the Void to be "whoa dude so trippy".

Inflation
Movies in 2020 will earn more than movies in 2008

>It also didn't help that Kaicellius was the blandest possible villain.

This is a problem with all the Marvel villains lately. Marvel has decided that the best way to make a villain is to give them an ideological motivation that opposes them to the hero, so they're just trying to do what's right in their mind. This is supposed to make them more relatable, but it just saps all the joy out of their villainy. You got Zemo, the Night Elves, Ronan, Robert Redfordman, Kaicellius. The only one with a personal reason to hate the heroes (Zemo) is a walking cipher with no emotional affect for all of the movie. The last good villains they did were Ultron and Killian who had a some personality at least. Ultron has this weird familial hatred of Stark, and Killian wants to kill Tony/Become him out of jealousy/vengeance, that's way better.

People forgot about Fury Road already.

>comparing two movies when in between of their date of release the chinese market has grown like 25%

This is how is done kid:

>Suicide Squad $745,600,054
>Doctor Strange 673,623,522

Strange felt like a kung fu movie
This would have been perfect for Iron fist

It failed to deliver what mysticism it has in the comics that was more medieval base

Pretty sure that Deadpool, Strange and Pets did more on USA than BvS.

It was their desperate move to appeal to china
Instead of coming up with something decent

Honestly.. I think the legacy of Harry Potter and the MCUs' current universe sort of forced DrS into a corner on how magic would work.

It's hard to mix medieval magic with sci-fi.

Should have went with a more SAGA vibe. I could see its companion being Guardians. More mystical beings and magic creatures.

Let's see, domestic party:

>Doctor Strange $232,417,391
>BvS $330,360,194
>Man of Steel $291,045,518

Deadpool made something like 15 mill less than ss, but it's budget and advertising were shoestring, so it was infinitely more popular.

Harry potter was not kungfu fighting and it didn't have those stupid sling ring effects

Harry potter was also minimal in magic

Why the hell would they let them be dictated by that also the inception part was just hacky

Actually not.

No, I'm saying they didn't want to be like Harry Potter so had to go in another direction.

> We can't have him saying latin and casting spelly-arm-moose and stuff! We need something flashy!

Etc etc. Obviously moving away from traditional magic and trying to bring in eastern aesthetics and spiritualist imagery. Rather that the candles, chalk, and full moon sort of stuff.

You missed the point entirely.

>In Civil War they paid him like 8 times more than Evans
Because of the contract he signed for Iron Man 1 meant that he gets a percentage of the movie's profits that he appears in. It lasts until his contract ends.

Evans and the others being paid less is because Marvel actually thought about their contracts this time around instead of being haphazard.

>He forgot the Tale of Knux already

MEDIOCRE!

>Obviously moving away from traditional magic and trying to bring in eastern aesthetics and spiritualist imagery. Rather that the candles, chalk, and full moon sort of stuff.

Bad decision
The kathmandu did had those candle stuff plus wifi. But it sucks

Suicide Squad did magic better

What the hell you people even expect?

You mean it was moderately more profitable, not "infinitely more popular." If it made less money, then it sold fewer tickets, and so it was actually less popular, not more, even if it cost less to make and so made the studio happier.

It did felt like mongol magic lol
Now I'm getting cringy vibes

I agree that the direction they went with the magic was a poor one.

Felt like at any moment Asgardians would show up and you'd be like, "OH, right so yeah it's just """""MAGIC"""""

It was the same thing, but lamer because all the villains died to simple convencional weapons.

The guy that killed the fire guy died to a fun king bomb.

Not sure which was worse to the villain, Star-Lord ruining Ronan's big theatrical revenge moment with his greasy dancing or Dormammu facing eternity stuck with Crumplebuns.

Even that Constantine movie was committed to the occult and devil stuff

cringe fest movie

Sup Forums bait thread.

>call out Marvel for their generic capeshit CGI fests
>"DUDE Sup Forums GET OUT"

>moderately
>literally tens of millions more
kek DC fans on suicide watch
Despite the mininmal budget and advertising, Suicide squad barely did better than Deadpool with the foreign market factored in. As far as upwards numbers go anyway, as far as profits, Deadpool was leaps and bounds more profitable than that trainwreck.

So for all it's marketing, bells and whistles, edgy marketing, and loud in your face adverts, Deadpool only barely had a lower upper number than SS.

I can guarantee you when their sequels come Deadpool will btfo out of it in every way, that's even if SS2 even makes it out the door.

Stay mad DCuck

Yes.. I know. It did magic well, I'm not saying it's the direction that they could or should have taken with DrS.

I at least buy that the magic in DrS "fits" into the MCU in some way.

But sadly that means making Dormammu look like a talking accordion, and not a badass Heavy Metal mofo.

but it didn't you jackass

> Being this fucking edgy about companies you only heard about through movies

Jesus you Marvel and DC cinematic universe fanboys are the fucking worst.

>hurf durf memes memes DCuck

Jesus christ, dude. I took the other guy's post at its word when he said it made 15 mil less at the box office. If you've got different numbers, post 'em, but don't flail about spouting your memes at everyone like a retard.

>not liking kung-fu movies
no taste detected

because most people don't like good movies

t. movie hipster

This

the bad capeshit movies get praised while the good ones are hated on for being different

trips for truth

this is like cringe kungfu

I dont mind the kung fu asian thing but it should have just been a small aspect of it

Dr.Strange had to clear 3 billion in the first weekend to just BREAK EVEN

Yeah, like Hacksaw Ridgeshameless plug

all those probablys

youtube.com/watch?v=A8ZE0Q3TXSw

we are already spoiled by video games
this movie didn't deliver

I notice strange doesn't even do the finger stuff in the movie
does his fingers dont retract anymore
I see him close his fist

its cause strange doesn't cast magic, he casts CGI

It's not even magic, it's just energy from other dimensions. So lame.

I mean, there's a reason for that...

Whoooa duuuude, that guy must have smoked all the weed and dropped half the acid, lmao!

Can anybody check to see how fast Ditko's spinning right now?

What? Here it says that 215 millions were spent for the movie, why the heck would it need 15 times the spent budget to break even?