Astro City

Are they gay?

>Are they gay?
very

Literally the point of them. Worst characters for sure, in Astro City at least. Oh wait I forgot Astra.

Do people even read Astro City?

who are they?

They should.

Not very many.

user, Astro hasn't been good in over a decade. The Dark Age was bad, nothing in the relaunch has been all that better. The Victory arc was rancid, the absolute nadir for me.

The first run is great. Dream of Flying, Confessor, Steeljack, even the first Astra story are all good. I suggest reading those.

to the point of making you wish for a hate crime. Busiek is a SJW.

>Astro hasn't been good in over a decade. The Dark Age was bad, nothing in the relaunch has been all that better
You really think someone would do that? Just go on the Internet and tell lies?

>a comic book writer is a SJW
Say it ain't so!

>lesbians are a bad thing cuz these fictional characters could have been riding my nonfictional dick somehow if they weren't gay

You dumb motherfucker

As if anyone would want their aids ridden cunts. Also fuck off back to tumblr. Damn you people won't stay out.

>Anyone who doesn't hate everything I hate is from tumblr

You forgot The Nearness of You

I've been fine with the current series so far, honestly. I can't say it's ever reached the heights of the original run but I like them going back to characters from that run like the special effects woman from the TV star's arc and so on. I just really, really love Astro City and want more of it so this works for me

>tumblr tumBLR TUMBLR!!!
Not an argument, my underage friend.

Busiek has earned more than enough goodwill from me with his comics, I don't give a single solitary shit what his politics are

You sound more like someone who's exposed to tumblr than I do, son.

Where I come from is a time before the 2010s, when men knew to fap when they saw two hot chicks doing sexy shit together and not to cry like little pussies.

>first Astra story
>good
lol

>The Victory arc was rancid, the absolute nadir for me.
Okay but that was less than 10 issues in and there's been like 30 issues since then, have you read any of that

Completely agree, I was talking trades.

At this point I don't see Busiek doing anything special like those early issues where he explored themes and concepts in comics and how they affected ordinary people.

He seems burnt out, cashing in on a pre existing property and just writing what he fucking wants. There's nothing wrong with that, but he's admitted he isn't interested in writing a title at DC and Marvel because he doesn't 'get' the current universe. What made Astro City so good was him taking and dissecting those ideas. He hasn't really continued to feed that creative well and its become stagnant.

Not your friend,

>that picture
>MOM I POSTED IT

busiek isn't a SJW because he isn't completely retarded and incompetent.
he is a excellent professional who happens to have a political view

>WAHHH DON'T CALL ME "FRIEND" YOU FILTH!!! GET YOUR UNHYGIENIC HANDS AWAY FROM ME!!! REEEEEEEEEE
lmao
Don't you have homework to take care of, kiddo?

I can't believe I have to say this but after twenty issues I feel can qualitatively write this shit off. It wasn't that one arc, that was the moment when I realized that nothing was CHANGING!

Busiek had nothing new to say. Worse, he's not even timely. His universe is an anachronism.

>Triggered

You? Yep.

nah, but they ain't gay, they are bona fide cock jockeys

>The Dark Age was bad.

Yeah I can see this. I think the original run of Astro City is one of the best things I've ever read and this run definitely doesn't bring that feeling back for me, but I'm still enjoying it. I love the universe and the characters in it enough that I'm content to just read Busiek going through the motions with it, really

>I know you are but what am I

I'm done, go away child.

And thats wonderful. For me, I can't force myself to read that because its like being asked to look at a bad photo copy of a da vinci or rembrandt.

Astro City occupies the same space in my head that City of Heroes does. They both have such a clear love of superheroes as a genre and a really charming, Silver Age-y aesthetic that just has this relentless optimism to it that I really, really dig. The 90s Astro City run is my favourite single series of all time
God, I miss CoH every day

>I know I lost so I'll just pretend I won and I'm not totally butthurt
>also I'll call him a child because that's what he did earlier
OK.

fun fact they killed the game the week I was about to download and play it.

Dude that legitimately makes me sad. At least you don't have to bear having played it for like a day then it shutting down, I guess

I think it's good sometimes, certainly not as good as it was back in the first three volumes, but I don't think it's been that long since the last time I enjoyed it.

The last time it was truly inspired and amazing was probably 10 years ago though, back when there where all this character centric specials. The Samaritan special with Infidel holds a very special place in my heart.

I really liked Lovers Quarrel

Yeah, same. I actually saw the trade in a comic shop last week and didn't buy it, regret it now

>duo's entire purpose as characters were to demonstrate how not to judge people by their perceived sexuality
>mfw Busiek defeats their purpose and confirms them as gay because he's another liberal retard who thinks it'll be progressive

I swear to God

Wow start arguing any time!

When where they confirmed lesbians?

I was honestly going to shit on you about putting words in Busiek's mouth on what they where all about, but now that I remember, they did get pretty angry and threatened that tabloid guy after he published some gossip about them being lesbians back in the day. Weird he'd confirm them as gay after that.

I love Busiek and hate to use the boogeyman word, but he does have a huge amount of gay characters on Astro City, even the trans Lex Luthor in this volume. Sometimes it seems like he's trying a little too hard, but I don't really mind

So you read this comic that hasn't came out already?

Give me a good reason, after everything that's happened with comics the last few years, why this wouldn't happen.

If you think Busiek is above bullshit pandering then you should really check out his Twitter.

>issue isn't even out yet and the characters have even denied being gay before
>mfw user still gets anally sore before the issue is released
I swear to God.

>people aren't allowed to express their own political opinions in their own personal twitter
wew lad

>Give me a reason why this wouldn't happen

What?

member when we weren't infested with straight edge poltards and could appreciate lesbians?

First you give me a good reason why this should annoy you so much if you have been reading Astro City? There is already a few gay super in the city along with two female superheroes that used to be male. Why is this the straw that broke the camels back?

member when Sup Forums hadn't invaded us with their company wars and kino nonsense?
member when Sup Forums hadn't come here and infected us with their shit rethoric?
member when tumblr hadn't swarmed us with their thinly disguised SJWs?
I member

that last one never happened. it's all obviously falseflags because the sjws who would get triggered by that stuff would never leave their safe space
>inb4 someone calls me tumblr

senpai pls, the invasion is real. It may not be as big as some make it out to be, but it's real.

yes and those aren't the sjw's is my point. the one who do give a shit to complain don't come here. hell tumblr calls out it's shit more than we do, if 1 person makes a dumb comment they have hundreds of people laughing at them.

Flying Fox wasn't just upset that she was presumed lesbian, but also presumed to be *in a relationship with her own sister*
Busiek said on his tumblr that Flying Fox really is a lesbian.

>Add lesbians to something
>Sup Forums gets triggered harder than a white girl at a klan rally

To be quite honest, you're not much better yourself. But, in case you aren't fishing for (you)s:

In you claim a poster who disagrees with you is from Tumblr without any evidence to support it.
A better argument would have been to point out how you dislike the characters (and their lesbianism in particular), for other more valid reasons, such as coming across as pandering, having a boring or otherwise unrealistic relationship, among others.

Second of all the image posted in is not an argument, but also employs a strawman, and suggests anybody who criticizes an anti-SJW (who I will assume means a conservative or moderate-leftist, but I guess it could be Sup Forums too) must belong to the opposition, in this case your exaggerated SJW in the image.

The problem with this is that it implies an "Us vs. Them" mentality, which ignores any contextual reasons for why someone would find anti-SJWs annoying, such as when say, playing an online videogame and an anti-SJW is at best making stale helicopter gender jokes, or just bringing politics into a place where such discussion is unwarranted and unwanted.

A much better idea would be to point out how they ignored the rest of the post for a single reference to Tumblr.

And third . This is just sad, you couldn't come up with any better reply than triggered? Really? You could have pointed out how they're not making any arguments, which would in itself not be an argument, but at least it would have been something.

Finally, in as it already has been said before, I will not go into too much depth, but calling someone you're arguing with a child is a textbook example of not making an argument while trying to come across as superior.

Oh shit, didnt mean to reply to Meant to reply to

I've bought every issue of the Vertigo series but I've only read 4 of em.

Because it would be obvious that he would be bandwagoning a stupid internet fad and lose a healthy chunk of credibility for acknowledging it.

Dude. This is Flying Fox. The one in the OP is Nightingale and Sunbird/Sunhawk.

So a conspiracy theory in your head?

At least this got people to talk about Astro City... even if like a third of the thread is just shitposting.

Winged Victory, bro.