ITT: Best way to get into the Archie comics?

ITT: Best way to get into the Archie comics?

I read a lot of manga, but I read the Archie Horror comics since a friend recommended it to me and I loved it. Now I want to read more Archie stuff, but I don't know where to start. Any recommendations on what to buy?

Also is Riverdale worth watching? My other friend who's really into Archie hates it, but It's good to get a second opinion.

You can literally just read anything Archie. It's all more or less the same. Simple, corny fun comics with often sexy art.

>often sexy art
Now you have my attention user.

Talk to Fernando Ruiz. He used to work for them.

Just buy a digest, it's mostly the same shit for 70 years

DON'T
Archie is to comics what paper is to food

Tis is my favorite Archie comic of all time!

I'd start with the Best of Dan DeCarlo

It LITERALLY doesn't matter. Just go to a grocery store and grab one.

Oh wait you had a secondary question.

Riverdale is shit. The only thing it has in common with Archie is character names. It's tryhard grimdark and not Archie lore at all.

Is this for real?

It probably is. Archie's done hundreds of jump the shark stories.

I personally like the rebooted series, and very much like Betty & Veronica. I'm not super familiar with the OG Archie series, and find it to be a little plain and boring, especially compared to alternative takes like Archie Horror. Since the reboot is so new, it's probably something you could find in trade and back-issues pretty easily. If my head has it right, it's not even 20 issues in?

B&V is only two issues in.

As for Riverdale, I enjoy it enough, but if you're a red-blooded American male that likes attractive women in their early 20s, it's great. May as well just be waifus: the show.

Pic related.

Start with Life With Archie and continue into The Married Life with Archie.
Then try the rebooted stuff.
Archie and Jughead were both shit last time I checked, but that was a bit ago. Betty & Veronica is fantastic though.

And for the old stuff, grab a digest next time you get groceries and look for some Best Of collections.

yes, there's an official comic crossover of Archie meeting the Ramones

Also one with the punisher

Also one meeting Sarah Palin

Also one where they fight sharknado

Also one where they fight the Predator

>Also one meeting Sarah Palin
You're going to have to explain this one to me.

>No Archie vs Sharknado
>No Archie vs Predator
This needs an update
Josie is king, she's josie not too much

it was during an election cycle

They met Obama
They met McCain
and they met...Sarah Palin
I guess because she was arguably more well known that McCain at a point

Okay, there was more than one.
Archie's done some weird shit over the years, but an issue about Sarah Palin seems odd.

This, next time you go to the grocery store get in a checkout aisle that has them and just grab a digest or two. You can get Archie if you like but personally I always went for Betty & Veronica, sometimes they include Josie & The Pussycats and Sabrina comics too.

There's nothing more American than Archie and The Ramones are the American Beatles, it had to happen eventually.

all the issues with the candidates were just them coming to Riverdale for political rallies, it was rather squeaky clean and safe and nice

>squeaky clean and safe and nice
Well, that election was pretty simple.
It's just this one that was a glorious mess.

That one was kind of epic, after the boring and inevitable 2012 election I was pumped up for another race with no incumbents. But this election was just a total shitshow and not in a fun way

>It's just this one that was a glorious mess.

Well that's what you get when both candidates are retarded. You guys still got off light though, Trump may be a clown, but Hillary is a straight up sociopath.

You're delusional if you think Trump is any less of a sociopath. Do you think his money is fucking clean? The guy smuggled in white girls and put them in his buildings' basement to work as his models, or made a fake university that explicitly instructs the teachers to aim for people with money problems?

FFS, not even an Archie thread is safe from this shit.

>Josie is king, she's josie not too much
I like the early stuff.

Not only is it for real that is just one of five different covers.

The dolly on the trolley got a seat by golly!

Gus got on the bus without any fuss!

why is every version of jughead waifuable?

The fuck is this art?