If one only tells the truth and one only tells lies, why not just ask it "how many fingers am I holding up"?

If one only tells the truth and one only tells lies, why not just ask it "how many fingers am I holding up"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HBEEBXsFeRk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

god dammit

you should write a show

...huh.

it cant be that easy....can it?

Aren't you typically only allowed to ask one question?

What you should ask is what's 1+1.

Because you're not supposed to figure out who tells the truth and who lies, you're supposed to figure out which one is the magic worm. And you only get one question.

.... Shit

this, you're wasting your question

Yes, that's usually the case, so you wouldn't go "What's my name?" and then follow it up with the real question.

This is a logic puzzle with a pretty simple solution though.

They may answer with a riddle or something instead of straight. Something like "the number of corn stalks in that field yonder divided by a hundred" and the other "no, the number of corn cobs there divided by a thousand" and you're not about to go count that shit. Or they could do that trick with something impossible to count like grains of sand or stars in the sky.

Why not just show them your dick, and the one who says "No, he's definitely not flashing is dick at us." is the one who's lying.

DEADPOOL?!

For those of you that don't know the solution, you simply ask one "What would the other guy say is the answer?" And then you do the opposite of what he says. The Liar will tell you the opposite of what the answer is, and the Honest one will tell you the lie that the liar would tell you. Assuming there are only two choices, otherwise this won't work.

That is one question.

It's funny that this is a classic conundrum and that the "right" question is always "which one would the other one say is the truthful one". But in reality is is easily thwarted by simple observation. Like "am I holding my right arm up?" or "is your hair black?". True, the "correct" answer is universal, but it is only really relevant if there is nothing to observe.

Holy fucking shit you should write for Futurama.

But what about ?

i would say something about personal truth being different from fact, but they can SEE your fingers, so never mind

How hard is my dick?

But if it was established at the start that the true Magic Worm is the one that tells the truth, then the point stands.

because you only get one question and if you waste it on simply determining which snake is which you've lost your only chance to know which door to pick

Weren't both of them just playing Jack to eat him?

What if they both say "I'm blind."?

It's not hard

How so?
Isn't determining which door to pic based entirely on figuring out which one is telling the truth?

If both say "I'm blind" then you're screwed.

Was it established that the magic worm tells the truth, though? I honestly don't remember.

You have to ask which door to pick.

You guys seriously never considered just asking them an objective question?

What if the one who told you that one always tells the truth and one always tells lies is the liar?

Because it has to be a "yes or no" question

Then it would be solved with OP's question. Either way we figure out which one is the liar and which isn't. Or they're both liars. Or neither are.

Let him finish, Ricky!

"Am I holding up x amount of fingers?"

How much is two plus two?
>4
>6

you still wouldnt know which mouth has the wish

>Is the number of fingers I'm holding up two?

What if they answer in base 3?

it wasnt. it is possible that the worm that lies has the portal.

neither of the worms were magic and both were liars, dumbasses

Then both would lie about the finger question, establishing that neither are magic. Riddle solved.

Jack didn't know that at the time faggot

Unless they want to keep the charade going then one would tell the truth just to fool you.

But they can't do that, because then they'd be telling the truth.

They lied about having to tell lies too. They can both tell truth or lies however they please, just like you and I.

Just because one is called a liar doesn't mean everything they say is a lie.

Usually when you answer in a base, you say what base you're answering in.

>this thread
>43 replies
>everyone's logic dicking is meaningless because it's a con, both heads lie and tell truths as necessary to maintain the con.
I'll bet you all are the kind of faggot who thinks he can "figure out" and win the shell game too.

what season/episode is this again?

For the longest time I thought one head was a boy and the other was a girl. That was until I recently watched it again and heard them refer to eachother as brothers, must have missed that when I was younger.

Don't ask me why I thought that. Seen plenty of cartoons where duo headed characters had different genders.

You are not ain't not totally never not maybe actually ain't holding two fingers up.

>having shitty eyesight

Unless there's a trap door under the cups then most should be able to follow the shell with the ball or whatever under it as long as they focus.

You win the shell game by lifting all three shells at the same time in front of some one else, exposing the dealer as a fraud and watching the crowd tear him apart

Alright, then it's pointless. Jack is just dealing with two dickworms that do as they please.

>He doesn't realize the crowd is in on it

Well yeah at the end of that they just ate him and revealed that the entire 'we grant wish' thing was a fuckin sham so they had easy access to free food.

I'm still mad the end of it didn't show Jack cutting his way out of them.

>the crowd is in on it
Well then you just kill them

No, the shell spinner can eject the ball into their lap with a flick of the wrist if they're quick and practiced enough. Alternately, if the inside of the shells isn't displayed to the player, the spinner can have the ball stick to the roof of the shell using magnets or some other contrivance. There are ways to cheat it without a trap door.

>being this retarded
the bean leaves the table when the cups go down

what anime?

Boku no Pico

Jack Tales, S2E2.

Also the episode with the fairy and gargoyle, and the cannibal robot family.

WAIT works user.

I would ask them if they speak partially truth and partially lie.

Gabriel Dropout

Gabriel Dropout

is it good?

You ask one worm who would the other worm say is the truth teller. The Liar will say that the other worm would name him the truth teller, while the real truth teller would say that the liar would call himself the truth teller.

>Falling for the most common hurdle of the riddle
It doesn't matter which one is the liar, only that one of them is

Kinda, for SoL comedy with super natural elements (angels and demons).

But didn't both worms' throats lead to the same belly? Weren't they both lying?

yup, this thread is full of sperges who can't step back and understand that the rules presented are part of the lie.

>Star is voiced by Sue Heck
>Tom is voiced by Shaw Hunter
>Toffe is voiced by Dexter

this show just became twice as awesome for me

You ask one how many fingers you are holding up.
If the first one lies, you know the second one tells the truth, and just ask him what you want to know.
If it tells the truth and you know the second one lies just be tricky with the question.like, ask where something you are looking for is NOT.

Knock Knock

Didn't the Powerpuff Girls have an episode with a similar riddle? And didn't fans think they killed the real teacher on accident?

One says yes and the other no.

>just ask him what you want to know.

You get ONE question.

Jack should notice that since both explained rules and chatted with him before questions and if one lied all time and other told truth all time it would be impossible to even know that what stated.

A lot of samefagging in the first few posts as OP pats himself on the back.

The solution is simple, the portal moves from one's esophagus to the other because they're connected, thus making it impossible to ever choose the right one.

I fucking hated this duel.

It's because they never specified whether or not the Liar or the Truth-teller was the wish-granter, and he was only allowed one question.

Unless he added an objective question about the wish, he'd never find out who would grant it for him.

>implying it wasn't the most kino duelist kingdom duel

fuck you i loved this duel

way better than that shit against the spooky kids in that cave

A lot of the duels in that arc were shit because they made up the rules to a currently non-existent card game as they went along.

>levitation ring.

What does that even mean?

I will shoot... THE MOON!

That was half the fun, the duels weren't just a commercial but relied on bullshit D&D logic.

Sup Forums meme

>Tournament involves playing duel monsters.
>In order to get past these two, you pretty much have to play a different game because of that fucking labyrinth.

This tournament was bullshit.

We're discussing the logistics of the proposed riddle.

The fact that the riddle is a farce doesn't add a new dimension to the riddle or make it any more intelligent, it just means that the "correct" answer is slaughtering the evil monster trying to trick you.

Second, this is a REALLY shitty version of the riddle. The classical version of the riddle involves two statues and two doors. One door leads to your death the other to treasure. You only get one question, AND you can only ask ONE of the two statues, one of whom tells the truth and one who lies. So you CAN'T waste the question on an objective question figuring out who tells the truth and who lies, because then you don't have another question to ask which door you need to take.

The solution, ironically, doesn't even involve figuring out which tells the truth and which lies. It merely involves using a question where which one you ask will be irrelevant because they'll both return the same answer.

KING OF GAMES, not just King of Duel Monsters.

And then it became a card

But the tournament was based on just ONE game.

I seriously just want a compilation video of every ass-pull they had in that arc.

>he's flashing his dick at us!
>no! he's just showing us his pet worm!

>this is a REALLY shitty version of the riddle

>You only get one question, AND you can only ask ONE of the two statues

But that's exactly what the show does. Or rather, both worms do answer, but by the nature of the question, it doesn't matter who answers.

youtube.com/watch?v=HBEEBXsFeRk