Tfw you'll never buy a comfy kino TV-VCR combo again

>tfw you'll never buy a comfy kino TV-VCR combo again

Threw mine out 2 days ago. Had it 15 years and it still worked. Just had no use for it any more. RIP.

I can't forget that amazing experience I had back in 2007 when practically I did nothing but turning it on and I "fixed" an American made CRT TV that looked like 20 years old back then
I think I watched DVD of No Country for Old Man and VHS of 1984 on it. Both were "found" by me in a small room in school.

Ever heard of the goodwill? FFS

I remember when I was a kid and those DVD player/VCR combos came out and I thought they were the coolest shit.
>woah, it can play DVDs AND tapes????
I wanted one so bad but my parents told me they were too expensive, and they probably were back then. I have absolutely no interest in getting one now. It's weird to think I went from wanting one more than anything else to not wanting one at all.

you can get them on ebay plus their eavy af

goodwill dosent take tube tvs anymore, i had to take mine to the dump

>tfw you'll never again secretly watch TV VCR in bed with headphones and be afraid that loudly switching tapes will alert parents to your illicit activities

>goodwill dosent take tube tvs anymore
Sorry then, they are the real assholes, guess they're still waiting for someone to donate a 50" plasma screen

In 15 years, it will be worth a fortune and you will regret doing that

>flatscreen technology means that TV-DVD combos have to vertically enter the disc in the side awkwardly

beta max

>on the next episode of Hoarders

What is a VCR?

I still have my tube tv, and it's almost 20 years old. I'm mostly just too lazy to toss it out.

Fuck looks like the one I had in my bedroom at 12, watching Star Wars and Austin Powers VHS by myself

Who here had a tv in their room while growing up? Who didn't?

My parents never let me have a tv in my room. In retrospect I'm happy they didn't.

I did, so did my brother. We both had shitty 14 inch pawn shop tvs for a while. My brothers even had the old school dials on it, not a remote.

Vy Chemical Romance

>goodwill dosent take tube tvs anymore

>tfw resisted the urge and still have half a dozen working CRT TVs from 10" to 32", several working VCRs, a couple of VCR/DVD combos, and a Laser-disc player. Comfy as fuck when I feel like watching Indiana Jones on tape in the bedroom or whatever. Found my 20 year old tape of the complete Faulty Towers and watched it in bed last night.

my mom still has one in her room
screen is so small
she only watches tcm on it

Not in my lifetime. CRTs are a dime a dozen. There are 100+ better models on eBay right now within driving distance for pennies. If it had been a PVM, on the other hand, there's no way I would have thrown it out.

I was like that with portable tvs. I finally ended up buying one that was just a bit smaller than the one in OP's picture, except with a B/W screen. Played through Resident Evil 2 on it once and then pretty much never used it. It's still in my closet in its original packaging.

I wish my parents would have been savvier and not let me waste money on buying stupid shit like that.

I literally buy those TVs all the time. Value Village, Thrift Stores, Goodwill... all for taking them out into the desert, and beating the shit out of them with a baseball bat. It's the most satisfying thing in the world.

That's pretty toxic.

Maybe you could try losing your virginity and you wouldn't be filled with impotent manlet rage? Though I suppose you'd have to not be an impotent manlet

Combo sets are trash. Not only are they usually built with sub-par parts, but they are bastards to work on.

Is she a Tobe Hooper fan?

>tfw regret throwing out my 35" RCA instead of fixing it.

it was the best tv i ever owned ;_;