The DCEU

>Flash movie in the toilet
>Batman movie in the toilet

What's wrong??

Other urls found in this thread:

the-numbers.com/home-market/bluray-sales-chart/2016/01/31
youtube.com/watch?v=tvgbuWNSciQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WB can't keep their fucking hands to themselves.

Sup Forums general?

It was build upon a shitty foundation and rushed out because WB wanted in on the money Marvel/Disney was making

Snyder family
Kevin Tsujihara

The Flash movie's probably gonna be expensive as all hell, the speed shots were the most expensive sense in X-Men DOFP and Apoc(and there a reason the show uses so much stock footage for the speed scenes), so this probably means heavy executive meddling which also's puts off any decent director, because who wants some fucking bean counters on their back all day.

You know this is something a lot of people tend to forget; that creating a Flash or Green Lantern movie would be expensive as hell. Flash requires slow motion shots, gratuitous lightning effects, and fast background changes. Green Lantern is another headache altogether considering the constructs and the various alien species/worlds

WB keeps fucking panicking and mandating shit to try to "beat" Marvel. The writers/directors get fed up and leave. WB finds a new team that will put up with the mandates. WB keeps fucking panicking and mandating shit to "beat" Marvel. Rinse and repeat.

They're behaving like Marvel circa Iron Man 2 (pushing for garbage franchise building scenes and cameos) and talented directors are resisting.

WB has no idea what it's doing.

It's not easy to attract big names to capeshit these days, especially when you've given up on trying to be artistic and you just want a Marvel/Transformers tier franchise, but they also can't give a Batman movie to someone like the Russos or some other yes men from tv shows because the character is way more culturally relevant than that.

They should just do stand alone movies and leave it at that, the cinematic universe meme only works when you make the same movie 9 times like Marvel does, otherwise you're taking insane risks

>What's wrong??

>JL related films are either bad, financially disappointing, or having production troubles (except maybe Aquaman)

Hope you're ready for the DCEU to be dominated by Suicide Squad and Harley Quinn films.

I feel like I'm the only one who's actually enjoying the DC movies. I've always known the set in stone characters that the moves are showing, and I know that this universe is just one version of those characters. They're difference, but the same in nearly all the aspects. I'm not going in thinking "this Superman movie is going to be just like the comics". I've watched enough Zack Snyder movies to know how he functions as a director and I went into the universe knowing it'll be a bit darker than normal. But I like them and I'm excited for more continuation of the story. That being said, I think WB needs to stop getting their poisonous fingers into the cookie jar. When you have someone going "this thing needs to happen in the movie at some point, but do it in your own vision" itll be good, not "you're doing it wrong, you're doing it wrong, you're doing it wrong."

WB can't make good movies and the only time DC can get a good movie is when they abandon the comics completely.

It's simple.

Magic.

It's a curse of Alan Moore, for Snyder doing that patethic Whatchmen movie, along with the curse that came out of the fact that MOS was done as a big "FUCK YOU" to the family of Superman's creators.

If you first cinematic movie is rushed and just done to keep the rights away from the creators, you probably can expect some shit along the way.

Being different is not really an issue.

Look at Ledger Joker, MCU Loki, Hellboy and many other adaptations.

The complain of "Its not like the comics" just arises when the version of the movie is different AND lacksluster/not entertaining, to the point that people think "If their different take is bad, why not just do like the source anyway?".

This. I don't mind different or darker but I can't accept boring or stupid.

A reminder that thanks to the DCEU, the market share for DC has raised to 4bil, nearly three times the amount it was three years ago, and that thanks to BvS and SS, Warner Bros had its second most financial year since the companies foundation.

Feels good to be a DCEUfag :^)

Maybe they'll go the DCAU route and use John since he's cheaper to animate. It would also make it easily to seperate from the Reynold's movie.

That's thanks to the HYPE for BvS and SS. Now that they've both come out and everyone's seen how fucking abysmal they were WB is gonna be bankrupt by New Years

Batman Lego movie did good though. Let's just make that canon. Please, I need this win really bad

It's not the characterization. It's the plot, dialogue and editing. A competent director could make a stoic Superman and a wounded Batman work pretty easily, Snyder just sucks at his job.

yes yes, and thats why they are both some of the highest selling home releases on dvd and blu-ray this year as well right? Or why the merchandise such as toys, costumes, soundtracks are such a high seller?

I mean the closest the MCU has ever come to those numbers is Deadpool, which was one of the only things to get higher numbers.

>yes yes, and thats why they are both some of the highest selling home releases on dvd and blu-ray this year as well right?
It's only February.

And Deadpool isn't MCU.

Zack Snyder fucking up everything.

But the movies are bad.

So what is the point?

Hell, you are getting nothing out of this money anyway, so you only look like a dog worshiping a company for no reason apart from dumb tribalism.

>Deadpool
>MCU.

That happened after both movies were released, but remind again of that "anonymous source" claiming that SS didn't break even, I could use a good laugh

>some of

>Thats the point.jpg

>Warner Bros had its second most financial year since the companies foundation.

There's no bigger indictment of modern obsessive fanboy culture then shit like this.

Are you a fucking stock-holder in WB? One of their accountants? Why does the financial shit ever come into the discussion of quality? How is it EVER relevant in these discussions?

Please mate, SS was the ONLY movie to ever be considered a economic sucess on the universe.

All the others underperformed.

BvS never even got Captain America numbers, and it barely ahead of Civil War in DVD/Blu-ray sales.

>But the movies are bad
SS maybe.

Is it so difficult to believe someone may have an opinion opposite to the one you hold?

>Is it so difficult to believe someone may have an opinion opposite to the one you hold?

Is it to you? Because you seem to be butthurt that I called the other movies shit.

Where am I looking again?

>the-numbers.com/home-market/bluray-sales-chart/2016/01/31

> This year alone

BvS, and SS were terrible, who are you people?
>Snyderfags ITT
>Batfags ITT

I fell asleep during both of these movies, they have no sense of pacing; and the stories are just jumbled up parts of better movies that were sacrificed for sequel set-ups.

>Are you a fucking stock-holder in WB? One of their accountants? Why does the financial shit ever come into the discussion of quality? How is it EVER relevant in these discussions?
You mean apart from the times that people bring up SS had a 800mil marketing budget?

Or the times people say the DCEU will end after Justice League?

Its nothing to do with Obsessive fanboyism, its everything to do with proving that once again, Sup Forums was wrong. Like always.

They rushed so hard to compete with the MCU by combining different plot points into one movie with BvS and Suicide Squad was trying so hard to be "funny" like GOTG but was so cringy. In the end, there was no DC Cinematic universe and I just want that universe to die off quickly. take a fucking 10 year break and learn to make movies the proper way. Stop making Superman brooding, edgy, and sad. you can be bright and full of Justice despite idiots thinking it'll never sell.

You seem to be projecting now.

*Slow clap.*

How?

>2016/01/31
Do you know what year it is?

not him but source source only lists US sales

>making more money in blurays than the highest grossing movie of the year, an Avengers movie no less
>"i-it underperfomed because I didn't like it!"

lol

Now that the financial reports are out and WB made cash hand over fist thanking mainly the DCEU one would thought that you shills would let the memes go.

SS performing better than GotG (discounting China it made more money) despite being almost 50 million cheaper to make is sign that they are doing something right

Why is Barry Allen NOT FUCKING BLONDE

That's the thing though, I enjoy these movies. Im different when i watch movies though. I tent to look more into the technicality of the movie, along with the storyline and acting and everything. So when I watch BvS, i look at the imagery and I can follow the story very easily and enjoy the turns that progress the movie. And I still enjoy it a lot, besides Doomsday being THIS early in the universe, I enjoy it.

That's the thing though, I enjoy these movies. Im different when i watch movies though. I tent to look more into the technicality of the movie, along with the storyline and acting and everything. So when I watch BvS, i look at the imagery and I can follow the story very easily and enjoy the turns that progress the movie. And I still enjoy it a lot, besides Doomsday being THIS early in the universe, I enjoy it.

No one wants to watch a John solo film

Marvel struck gold with its third film (Iron Man) while DCEU has yet to get it good with THREE films already. Plus if Wonder Woman early screenings are anything to go by, it won't get good by its fourth film either.

You're entitled to your opinion but don't think I didn't notice you snuck in that standard DCEU "You just couldn't follow it" jibe.

I followed the story just fine, I judged it on its own merits, and yes I STILl found it wanting.

The reactions in the early screenings were mostly positive

Same with BvS and Suicide Squad.

Marvel's third film was Iron Man 2

>2 of the most iconic characters of the super hero scene
>Fucking Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman as a bonus
>Superman dies
>Extended Blu-ray that says that will fix all the mess that is the movie

Worldwide Box Office $868,160,194
Total Domestic Video Sales $70,972,975

>Captain America movie, with only characters that were C and B lists 10 years ago, but that became a huge franchine

Worldwide Box Office $1,151,684,349
Total Domestic Video Sales $68,465,796

All in all, pretty great actually.

Call me when they manage to break 1 billion.

> despite being almost 50 million cheaper to make is sign that they are doing something right

Do you really think that SS was a good movie?

It really makes me wonder what shills they have at these screenings.

They STILL made Superman edgy and depressing. Captain America's persona and nature is what I wanted to see in Superman. everything is going to shit but he always steps up to the plate and take the leadership. He evokes the old sense of justice in a modern world. Meanwhile any cinematic universe now and in the future is probably going to make him a pointless Jesus figure. This shit is fucking annoying.

do you think civil war was?

Yeah I originally counted Incredible Hulk as the first and Iron Man as the second.

Possible, but maybe they're just being legit. I mean I personally enjoyed BvS more than some of the MCU movies.

The funny part, is that Steven is one of the most loved characters of the MCU, if not the most loved right now.

I remember snyderfags at the time that MOS came out saying "you just cant do this type of character anymore, people are too edgy to accept that! MOS is the mature response!"

When turns out, Cap did great, people loved Supergirl's Superman, and the Flash show that plays the concept of super hero straight, are a sucess.

Explain why it wasn't

>making more money than an Avengers movie in blurays
>"everyone hates this shit that's why they buy the bluray to burn it down this makes a lot of sense hahaha DC is finished!"

They broke a billion with a Batman solo movie, without China, like 10 years ago. I'll call you when they have a flop like both Hulk movies and the first Cap movie though

>Do you really think that SS was a good movie?

Fuck no, but neither was Dr Strange or Civil War

>The funny part, is that Steven is one of the most loved characters of the MCU

Keep telling youself that friend, it'll become truth someday

Not really. The TV show reuses footage because they have a very limited budget, and Quicksilver's speed effects are so expensive because of the fancy 3600 fps required to create the "time in a bottle" effect, which can be accomplished through cheaper means.

Not that user but by what metric are we determining a movie's quality this time? Because in these threads it always seems to shift to "whatever means DCEU is winning".

Like, RT scores are good when Marvel gets a low one but otherwise all critics everywhere forever are being bribed by Disney.
Audience Scores are good until the start plummeting or a MCU movie gets a higher one, then audiences are being brainwashed.
Box Office? Money doesn't matter! Bayformers made money! Unless Suicide Squad is selling, then suddenly it does.
So what are we left with? Your opinion? Everyone's got one of those and they're all equally worthless and anecdotal.
Threads bitching endlessly about what went wrong? I mean, you guys do tend to say that counts as "discussion" and is therefore praise.
Dank memes? Is that the currency of the day? Because in that arena and that singular arena alone, is there an undeniable edge. In every sense of the word.

its a ugly looking film with no artisitc merit whatsoever. Bad cinematography, bad editing, bad cgi, bad choreography, bad score.

The last one there is certainly subjective, but at the end of the day, while hardly being better, SS at least had good color usage, score and aesthetics.

>When turns out, Cap did great, people loved Supergirl's Superman, and the Flash show that plays the concept of super hero straight, are a sucess.

>Supergirl's Superman

youtube.com/watch?v=tvgbuWNSciQ

God, he was 10/10. Smiling, just friendly, and he connected well with his cousin. I hope and pray for a spin-off series maybe adapting the smaller stuff.

There were people that though Cap would bomb compared to BvS because it was to lite hearted. Most of those people ate crow and smashed BvS when it came out while praising (faint damned or otherwise) Cap 3.

I think the moral of the story is it's not the character or even the concept. It's the writers.

>People are too blind to see that Disney is doing everything it can to kill the MCU's only possible competitor.

Fucking blue-pilled faggots, get educated get woke.

You're babbling, but at the end of the day its subjective weather or not you think something is good or bad.

Objectively however, you can judge something technically. Civil War had bad just about everything other then a few good performances.

They don't have to do much, they are hanging themselves just fine.

WB only let them have him for two episodes.

Yes.

Good character arcs, a lot of attention to the side characters, knew how to work with pacing and managed to give the audience what they wanted: an entertaining movie.

Its not perfect, but it is a good movie for capeshit.

If you think that SS was a good movie, I feel bad about you.

>They broke a billion with a Batman solo movie

Look at you again! Like a dog on the feet of a company that doesnt care for you at all!

Man, nobody cares if the other Batman movie made a billion. Nobody cares if WB had a suceful movie if they think that it is good.

It wasn't part of the DCEU, so what is the point? Hell, it makes more sense to ask yourself why a movie with only Batman made less than Batman vs Superman.

And both Cap and Hulk movies are better than anything out of the DCEU so far.

Going full force after Suicide Squad figuratively urinating on Dr Strange's corpse. Looks like they won't be replacing Iron Man for yet another Phase

>Objectively however, you can judge something technically
No, you can't. Because for the past four years and counting whenever someone does that for DCEU films you guys go
>doesn't count.
>that's just nitpicking
>that was fine you're crazy
>kino!
and my personal favorite
>I don't understand why that's a problem

>They broke a billion with a Batman solo movie, without China, like 10 years ago. I'll call you when they have a flop like both Hulk movies and the first Cap movie though
That Batman movie was actually competently made.

>Fuck no, but neither was Dr Strange or Civil War

Civil War was infinitely more competent than SS or BvS. For all the problems, it does a good job of investing you in the characters and making you feel their pain. That's something DCEU movies are utterly devoid of.

Hell, Strange is the first MCU film I feel actually overdid it with the quips, but I still cared about Strange's plight a lot more than Batman or Superman's.

>that chart
objectively such bad taste it hurts, amazing

>"call me when they break a billion"
>t-they already did
>"who cares loser!"

Civil War was not only bad but also painful to watch too

the fuck are you talking about? You sad fuck

They tried not doing much by bribing the critics to hell with BvS, now they are doing a lot more.

I have yet to see any fanbase that brags about BR/DVD sales even half as much as DCEUfags

>AHAH JOKE'S ON YOU, a minor part of the audience that bothered to buy the cinema's ticket also bought a disc version! Clearly the haters are but a loud minority

Reminds me of the guy that posted on Twitter he went to see BvS in Imax 3D 6 times or something. Nobody denies there's a dedicated fanbase, they shitpost the board everyday after all

>Objectively however, you can judge something technically.
Correct and narrative, character moments, and plot progression was more put together, paced and tied up in Cap 3. Hell if you watch the first two Caps and the 3 IM movies you see an impressive build up of character metamorphose that leads to the events of the two heroes fighting each other. That's the biggest flaw in WB's tactics, They rush to the big build up with no real ground work and they are just saying "See you should care!" on that alone. The bar scene in SS is a great example of this where we are basically as an audience just being told we are to accept this with no clear context as to why.

>People unironically think civil war was a well made film

Y'all are just kids right? Please say so.

>Can only regurgitate Sup Forums's points about cinematography

I don't know what i expected

MCU fags literally did that for months after MoS

>WB make a Lego Justice League movie instead because they're more profitable
>Wins an Academy Award
>Affleck, tears streaming from his face, presents it to Arnett

>t-they already did

I like that you made yourself already a babbling fool.

We are talking about the cinematic universes, not individual movies from years ago. Why the fick would it matter if Nolan Bats was popular? It isnt effecting the current state of things.

If anything, it shows the reliance on Batman, considering that MOS was2 was delayed, and he showed up on 2 of the 3 movies of the universe so far - will appear on WM and obviously JL - and has 2 spin offs based on his rogues already planed.

I'm saying that you DCEU fags have already invalidated any argument you can use against your imagined competition in defense of your garbage.

And in the absence of anything other than sticking your fingers in your ear and crying now you're just trying to get in the last word. Sad, but I'm going to let you have it since you clearly have nothing else.

>They tried not doing much by bribing the critics to hell with BvS

You have no proof of this. Where's the paper trail.

>But you just know that they-

Fuck you. Where's the paper trail? Where's the evidence?

You can take your Sup Forums conspiracy theories and shove them up your ass. Show actual proof or shut the fuck up.

>Hell if you watch the first two Caps and the 3 IM movies you see an impressive build up of character metamorphose that leads to the events of the two heroes fighting each other.
neither have barely any interaction other then antagonizing one another in couple of the avengers films.

>The bar scene in SS is a great example of this where we are basically as an audience just being told we are to accept this with no clear context as to why.
And SS was a badly edited piece of shit barely better then CW, your point being?

So, how good was the Lego Batman movie anyways?

>Having taste means you use Sup Forums
fuking retard.

>Not liking Spider-Man 2
>Not liking American Splendor
>Not liking The Crow
>Or Reeves Superman

>Likes Suicide Squad, Steel and BvS

Man, I'm fine with my taste.

I'm hella glad that I have the opposite of yours.

>Man, nobody cares if the other Batman movie made a billion. Nobody cares if WB had a suceful movie if they think that it is good.

It's also worth noting bad films hurt those sales and vise versa. Those Billions made was thanks to Batman Begins being good and a dead actor. Batman Begins had a weak opening for a Bat film because 10 years later people still remember the trash that was Batman and Robin and were hesitant to trust their money in the brand.
BvS had poor reviews and a huge drop off(unlike say MBs first two Transformer films where it seem the worse the critics scores were the more viewings and money it made) SS squad held up decent but again poor reviews. If WW and JL suffer the fate of BvS or SS squad what hope is there in a returning audience? A 10/10 flash JL2 film could drop and it likely wouldn't even break 500k because after 4 bad films no one will trust their money to them.

The plot wasn't entirely cohesive but it was certainly entertaining. They did spoil a lot with the trailers.

I must've missed that. On the other hand i haven't missed the MoS fanboys arguing ultimately the public didn't like IM3 because the former sold the wooping number of 10k more blurays the year after

prove him wrong

Nobody at WB particularly wanted to make these movies. Not for any artistic reason or love of the source material or even because someone had a plan, nothing like that.

This franchise became a thing because WBs investors looked at the stupid amounts of money Marvel Studios was making and said "Why aren't we doing this? We have the more famous and recognisable comic characters."

Thus WB had to get this ball rolling somehow and, because they had no plan or direction and no care for the characters, this ongoing train wreck is what we got.

>SS was better! It just was! Fuck you! It was better!
I can't wait to see you pulling this for Wonder Woman in a few months.