Slapstick Subtext

Bojack Horseman and Rick & Morty are the pinnacle of modern television writing. They perfected how to do subtext by bringing it to the surface.

youtu.be/yfDKKx-uFkA

Bojack Horseman is an amazing show, and I don't care what any of you think.

To be fair you need a very high IQ to understand Bojack Horseman

Ah, a fellow Richard and Mortimer fan. Nice to see this under appreciated get get the recognition it deserves. They say you have to be pretty smart to get the jokes like “I’m a pickle” and “God’s not real” but luckily my IQ is well above average. I tip my fedora to you, good sir. Upvote!

>woah... like... nothing matters so what's the point??
Why do brainlet normies love entry tier nihlism so much?

It's an expected reaction to this shitty society

the shitty society that allows you to sit on your fat ass shit posting on Sup Forums and watching pleb garbage like Rick and Morty for free?

fuck off, your life is probably great.

>sit on your fat ass shit posting on Sup Forums and watching pleb garbage like Rick and Morty for free?
Do you honestly consider that a "great life"

You are on mankind's greatest invention, living in the greatest era in human history. You are experiencing greater living standards than 99% of humanity and the entirety of human knowledge is a google search away. Please tell me how shitty "durr nothing matters" is an okay reaction.

compared to what? scraping out an existence starving in Africa while flies crawl all over your body and you pray to God some insurgent military group doesn't roll up on your village and massacre everyone? yeah it's a pretty fucking great life

>Sup Forums is mankinds greatest invention
Lol I dunno you ever have a cronut lol?

>Watch a show
>Enjoy it despite not always agreeing with the narrative

What am I doing wrong?

Nothing matters because god hates u cuz u liek anime. Kiss urself

I was talking about the internet.

struggle defines you

great non-sequitur

Checked

You're being a completely rational person is what you're doing wrong. You have to be annoyed by completely innocuous things like the rest of the internet.

>yes, good little sheep. don't think too hard about what anything means, just turn your brain off and enjoy the show

>nihilism is a narrative
Nihilism is the truth, the only truth. Any meaning you or your society try to force onto life is what you should be disagreeing with.

I didn't specify what narratives I disagree with, just that I can live with the fact some people have different opinions than me

this is the best post I've ever seen on Sup Forums

Nothing. Allegory is a storytelling tool, not a purpose. Orwell was a paranoid old fuck, but that doesn't make 1984 inherently worse than Brave New World, because it's all about how that allegory helped to flesh out the atmosphere and emotional connection with the narrative.

>Another think piece telling us why something is good and/or smart
Who the fuck started this bullshit

What annoys me about this is that MPB has reasons for holding that opinion on life.

The cunts making comments agreeing with him are just mindleassly agreeing because they think it makes them look deep like beatniks of the new millenium. MPB isn't offering some universal truth we should all accept but an opinion formed based on his own denial over how fucked in the head he is.

Whereas Rick and Morty I preasume is just nihilistic for the same reason as the YouTube comments. To appear intellectually superior when in fact you're just spouting shite. I dunno, I don't watch it.