Is Sam really 100% straight?

I've watched the film and read the books, and really there has to be at least a hint of bi in Samwise Gamgee.

I know it's the old fashioned world where male intimacy wasn't deemed to be homosexual, but clearly Sam has passed that line somewhat in many instances. The emotions were more than just "brotherly comraderie".

Heck, Tolkien even has passages where Sam literally blushes when his hand brushed against Frodo's.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(military)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anyone?

You don't get the subtlety of Tolkien's writing. back in his day men used to fuck eachother all the time, they just weren't gay about it.

Yes.
Their relationship was of a country gentleman and his servant. Purely platonic.

I bet you thought this was a gay romance too.

Straight and gay is about sex. Men can love each other without being sexually attracted to each other.

this
in the movies, they look like they're both the same age
but in the books Frodo is 53 I think, and Sam is in his 20s
Sam is the unsung hero, the loyal servant who will never give up
they share a deep bond and go through a lot together
having affection and respect for someone is not gay

More like a 1000% straight

It's called a bromance and isn't gay.
Look it up.

>Frodo is 53
wow, books ruined for me

I blush when anybody touches my hand.

You can love a man and not be gay, there is a brotherly and caring love that Sam had for Frodo. Something that you can only get when you are in life and death situations with other men.

Its not hard to imagine Tolkien had this with other men during the war, and he probably used it as a source for writing.

Sounds pretty fucking gay to me.

he made a promisse and he kept it even it meant risking his life
thats what being a mainly man is all about. protecting your brothers and keeping your word

Sam is the Straightiest fucker in the whole mushroom kingdom

There's no butt play involved as much as you want there to be, gayboy.

Wait really? I always thought they were the same age.

>it is impossible, in this day and age, for a man to be loyal to another man without it having some sort of sexual undertone

I fucking hate this world.

That just makes Frodo practically a pedophile.

Only to people who don't actually know what a pedophile is.

Yes

Hobbits reach adulthood at 33. Bilbo was also in his 50s during his adventures.

holy shit, borimir and faramir have Númenorian blood? reading some wiki pages.

I thought aragorn was the last person gifted with long life and physical strength

Well wasn't Boromir described as an unstoppable badass when it came to fighting?

That explains the whole "Mr Frodo" thing

I believe Hobbits don´t show oldnessness at that age

Tolkein was an Englishman born in the early 20th century. When he was coming up, class relations in bongland were very different and back then people were very servile to their betters (this was the tale end of it though, and it pretty much ended in the post-war period).

A random street urchin would address a merchant by honorifics, said merchant would address an aristocrat by honorifics, and so on. The egalitarian meme had not kicked in full force yet, if you lived back then you would be calling anybody richer/more prestigious than you "sir" or the like and would never talk shit to them. This was the time when aristocrats still had a full housekeeping staff and butlers (which was also ending post-war) and nobody assumed that we are all le same.

So no, Sam wasn't fucking gay, he was just a hobbit with early 20th century sensibilities working as a servant.

> there is a brotherly and caring love that Sam had for Frodo.
Is there a reason in the books? Because in the movies, all the respect he got was kind of all of the sudden, in the movies it seems that Sam was too autistic about the promise he did to Gandalf, and yes, it looks gay (not that I´m against it, but the denials are the problem)

>women literally can't understand loyalty and camaraderie

there's a lot of numenorian blood around, aragorn's is the purest iirc

I don't think boromir's line had a long lifespan, denethor and his predecessors lived for about 100 years I think

Its really an officer and his batman.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(military)

its not that they dont understand it, they just despise it
men working together cannot be manipulated by women

>capeshit

He is 100% loyal ... and thats the only thing that matters

>in the books
Not gay
>in the movies
borderline but no

vile roasties

You guys do realize that not only is 53 a young adult in hobbit years, Frodo is also practically an elf, right?

This is bullshit, he was into those busty tavern wenches.

>born in the early 20th century

fug, *late 19th

anyway just look at any fiction from the victorian era to WWII, this is how servants always act toward their employers. if sam was gay, then so was the concierge from 20,000 leagues under the sea, the butler from remains of the day, etc. etc. etc.

WE

>Frodo is also practically an elf

WE

lol knew I recognized him xDD

Tolkien based the relationship of Frodo and Sam off of the British Armys Batmen (not the super hero).

Basically an orderly that served an officer.

He's the only one who fucked bitches of the 3 hobbits. The other 3 were 100% gay. Don't question his masculinity nigga.

>You can't be close to another man and not be gay
I fucking hate all the gay pareidolia.

OP might be a woman

It seems that people are incapable of interpreting male relationship without sexual motives... I blame the Freudian and Kinseyan pseudoscience