Dormammu I've come to bargain

Can we discuss this best MCU film? How will they handle Doctor Strange in Infinity War? He's one of the few, that can actually be problem for Thanos. And he also has on of the infinity stones.

They'll probably nerf him first chance they get.

This. Best case scenario he just gets incapacitated during infinity wars.

I didn't like most of Doctor Strange but the way he beats Dormammu was great and how they should do a movie about magic (instead of the way they did Harry Potter, where the good guy wins because he shot magic laser beams better than the bad guy).

>be all-powerful cosmic entity
>get butthurt by a persistant Jewish salesman

Dullest

Doctor Strange was just a bad remake of Iron Man. The Dormammu scene was awesome, but one great scene doesn't make a film.

It's gonna be Adam Warlock you tard

I feel like something was really up with the pacing in Doctor Strange. It feels like there's not really any time for the world to breathe - every scene is pushing things forward. That said, the visuals and action were creative and it ends on a great note.

>there are people that like any marvel flicks post-Cap America 2

ISHYGDDT

The Doctor Strange fight with Dormammu was very reminiscent of how stand fights work in JJBA

>he didn't like Ant-man

Let's be honest here, there are at least 4 great scenes.

The infinity gauntlet is so strong that even your subconscious thoughts have control over reality. Thanks couldn't be beat with it. The only reason he lost was because deep down he knew he wasn't worthy of it. He became a farmer afterwards...

>>>>>Thanks
THANOS

I don't think they will make Infinity gauntlet that strong in movies.

>Thanks couldn't be beat with it

ANTS

That's not the one with Adam Warlock, is it? It looks older

>guardians of the galaxy is the closest thing I have to fun space opera
>despite star wars and star trek movies actively being made
I take what I can get.

Plus it's a cube

The problem with the movie is that the Strange at the end feels exactly the same as the Strange at the beginning. He was supposed to be training for years with the Ancient One, and maybe he was.

AHHHHHH HELP ME THERE ARE ANTS HAVING AN ORGY DOWN HERE IM NOT INTO BESTIALITY HELP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>this best MCU film
they completely fucked up
they start with Strange's origins story in 2013 and suddenly the director decides "what's happening to him is in chonological order to the rest of the MCU", therefore after
why make him turn into the Mystical Arts Master in a week when he had all those years to get ready? "photographic memory" my ass

Doesn't Thanos have his own already completed glove? He can always counteract the individual stones with his own, making Strange by himself harmless. The whole arc will ultimately be about setting aside differences and having to work together to defeat evil, blah, blah, blah.

This. His powers will basically boil down to shooting shit out of his hands at mindless minions.

You can't have the infinity gauntlet and still have loose infinity gems. And if you go to another universe that also has infinity gems, they cancel each other out.

which way do you go with this

he's so beyond our understanding that things that would piss a human off don't faze him at all? he's just fine being stuck in a time loop because he's so enlightened or some shit?

sounds a lot less reasonable than a god getting angry about some inane mortal fucking his shit up, it may make him seem petty but the fact that he was able to be tricked by some random fuck who learned some magic already brings his all powerful cosmic status into question so it makes sense that he'd act like a child

>Thanks
you're welcome

this is literally from a childrens comic, like 6 year old kids, its only like 5 pages

infinity stones are infinite in power potential, it's literally the only tool you could use to beat something like dormammu in his own dimension. if strange had shown up there with any other trump card he would have been fucked.

For some reason I thought he already had a completed glove and was after the Avergers et al's stones to complete another glove for his other hand. And he needs both to woo Cate Blanchet or something.

i don't understand how people couldn't like it (unless they already hate capeshit, but i've seen a lot of people who praise shit like gotg 1-2 or homecoming but say this movie is bad or mediocre)

it's a focused movie with some creative visuals and despite the plot sounding typical on paper, it was executed in such a way that it still felt like its own hero flick with a sense of originality to it. feels like it stands out among the MCU movies compared to most of the other entries

the directors have said they are going to try and capture the tone of infinity quest and the rest of the infinity comics so we might get an accurate portrayal

maybe

>he shows up in Ragnarok for one scene
>doesn't help fight big bad at the end
What was the point?

Nope. One Infinity gauntlet per universe. The only person who ever had two of them was DOOM

well that still explains him getting upset

Hmm, well I hope the actual story will be better than the one I apparently dreamed up.

my biggest gripe with this movie was dorm's appearance
I wish they would have gone with his normal flame skull humanoid look

I mean I wouldn't expect any kind of complex or intricate story from marvel movies. It seems like they take basic story lines and premises from the comics and then loosely adapt them.
In the comics he beats everyone and kills literally half of the marvel universe, but everything is reset because he still gets cucked by waifu, Death.
I have no idea what they're going to do in the movies, but probably he beats them individually to get the stones, they come together and try to stop him, get their asses kicked, and then someone uses time or reality manipulating powers to reset as much as they can after thanos does something that ironically undoes him.

>guardians of the galaxy is the closest thing I have to fun space opera
Wrong. The prequels are.

>The prequels are.
You mean those movies that are over a decade old?

He is already nerfed down to teleporting and kung fu fighting. How much lower does he need to go?

He seems like he would be totally ineffective against anyone with actual physical superpowers.

Not just a decade - 18 years.
There is a greater length of time between now and Phantom Menace, than between Phantom Menace and Return of the Jedi.

>He seems like he would be totally ineffective against anyone with actual physical superpowers.
Yeah but arrowman tittymeat in a cat suit survive these movies. He'll be fine.

I'm taking sith as the end point - '99-'05.
While I'm the guy that defends phantom menace as the only good movie in the prequels, I understand that's just me being a fedora tipping negahipster contrarian and so giving it a wide berth.
My point was that I'm talking about movies coming out now.

Exploding arrows are a lot more useful that middle aged man punch

It's a story as old as time itself

>That moment when Thanos uses the Infinity Gauntlet to make the Thanoscopter.

Who else is hyped?

It needed another hour or 30 minutes imo. Best visual effects in any superhero movie for sure tho.

I wonder if he's going to survive the Infinity War, we already know most of the current MCU cast is probably going to die (contracts are up) and that they're planning to start the new phase with Spiderman Homecoming 2
Benadryl Thundersnatch is relatively new to the franchise so he might just survive

Speaking of which, where the fuck do they go after Thanos?
Are they gonna start the Incursion plotline and cram it into literally every movie?

Kaecillius escaped the time stone to fight Strange.

I really like the movie, one of my favorites.

Feige still uses the visual effects team sign as his twitter profile picture. I think he wanted it to win the academy award.

I hope they keep Thor too, I quite like him and the actor doesn't seem to be having much luck outside Marvel..

This
Malekith and Loki lost while hlding infinity stones.
Kaecillius escaped the time stone.
Jane Foster survived an infinity stone inside her body.
Ultron knocked Vision out when they first met.
Only the power stone is treated as invincible.

THE PARKING ZONE

YOU CAN'T PARK HERE

Dormammu I've como to meme

I was really saddened that Hela didn't use any magic in Thor: Ragnarok, would've made for a far better fight than goddess of pointy things

I hate the dual-wielding knives/batons meme

I now take from you your memes.

>Captain America curls the Thanoscopter

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

>this best MCU film
Fuck you.

>there are people who like marvel crap
They really need to make a board just for you retards.

yeah, it's called /reddit/

lmao just turn off your brain dude

oh yeah? Dance off bro! you and me!

I unironically want Hollywood to do JJBA. With every Jojo blacked.