Voltron: Legendary Defender

Retro Edition

Other urls found in this thread:

ironinkpen.tumblr.com/post/156780531762/the-seventh-wheel-a-case-for-black-lion-lance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Will we get a spacecactus juice episode?

Retro Galra and their top tier fashion.

Even if it's used as a throwaway gag I want the paladins in their retro clothes.

Lance's retro clothes were actually okay.

Do you think Zarkon keeps his old crown in deep storage and hopes no one will ever bring it up?

Zarkon and Lotor have an unspoken agreement to never speak of each others former headgear.

When you put it that way...

KeithxThace is a good ship

Excuse you, Thace is spoken for.

What if Lauren fails us and Lotor is ugly.

Is there much out there? I've just read that fic series that was also noncon mindbreak Zeith.

Despite all the problems that Force had, it had better looking lions than Legendary Defender does.

Eh, if people can ship Shitllura after Allura risked her life to help Shiro then Keith/Thace makes just as much sense since Thace did the same for Keith.

The Keith and Thace scenes were a million times more romantic.

gotta love the mice

>mistaking sluttiness for romance

Awful.

>wow shallura is going to be canon because allura smiled at shiro after she saved him!!11!
You dumb bitch, Thace did the same for Keith. Does this mean Theith will happen? No, Thace is dead now. ;_;

God, Force and especially Third Dimension make me want to throw up in my mouth.

People are saying Shiro is a "bad leader" because he "favors" Pidge and Keith over the other Paladins.
It's called having friends, guys.

Not twinkish enough

Thace's smile was so cute. I feel like they wasted his character.

>People
>Obsessed Lancers
I don't care what those people think.

Hunk was a better character back then.

Better. This is a gud Keith pic.
Not someone self-inserting their shit taste onto his character.

Will Allura get short hair in the show? Her design reminds me of Princess Nia from TTGL and I always thought her short-haired look was the cutest.

kek it sucks that barlee's a huge lancefag. she draws great shiro's

In Galra language, sluttiness and romance are the same thing.

They keep thinking he's more of a mature father figure than he really is.

I don't think Allura will get short hair (maybe shorter than her current length) but I can see Pidge re-growing her long hair.
Same. His presence in the S1 finale made him seem like a long-term character.

I wonder if this fandom will start calling Keith spacedad once he begins looking out for the team the sameway Shiro's done.

Do people really think Lance would be a good leader?

ironinkpen.tumblr.com/post/156780531762/the-seventh-wheel-a-case-for-black-lion-lance

This is the exact level of 'five minutes in mspaint' that it needed to be

>clinks link
>Lance Deserves The World Because He is My Son and I Love Him
>closes tab

Will Lotor be hot or ugly?

Definitely not. I already think Allura becoming the black paladin is a stupid ass idea.

If he's half Altean then he can transform into being ugly or hot whenever he wants

The space parents thing is stupid but I'd approve if it makes the Shallurafags cry.

I can see how Shiro is the space dad and all...the Voltron staff themselves agree.
But Allura being the space mom is retarded and it just makes Lance's flirtation with her a hundred times creepier and why would she have that possible romance with Keith if she's his mother figure?

>why would she have that possible romance with Keith if she's his mother figure?
Hey, Kataang still happened.

Give it time. He's already done a Shiro on Hunk.

I'm pretty sure the writers balk at the idea of Allura being a "space mom".
And Kataang was bad. Besides, Kallura has too many Zutara vibes to ignore.

This fandom keeps calling Lance bisexual when he's clearly the straightest character on the show.
He's the most popular character but don't sjws usually hate the aggressive hetero boy who harrasses all the girls he sees?

They love him because he's brown and insecure. A lot of them also think Latinos are sexual by nature which is just plain racism.

Straight as a lance, so to speak

it's just them pushing their deluded hc's as if its canon. just like asian keith, gay keith, adult allura and shiro wearing makeup.

>keith and shiro are both asian so they must be related
>if you don't ship shallura then you're racist but kallura is heteronormative
>lance loves gasolina and flirts with people in spanish
>pidge is jewish even though holt is a proto-germanic surname because she's a nerd with poor health

Pidge's family is like super white and I thought the Holt surname hinted at Scandinavian ancestry. If Shiro is no longer Norwegian then Pidge is.

Pidge's VA is Jewish but I agree that she displays no signs of Judaism apart from being a "sickly nerd" which is just another racial stereotype.
I like the idea of her being Norwegian.

>shiro wearing makeup.
We need to see more Asian characters on the show because then people will realize it's just the way they draw monolids. Not a great way of drawing it though and a lot of East Asians have different shaped epicanthic folds. Not just monolids.

>Pidge's VA
Are they seriously pushing that she's jewish because of her fucking VA?
This is on the same level as the faggots pushing that Keith is korean because of Steven, and that Shiro is white-passing because of Josh.

I just came from the Steven Universe thread.
It's always nice to know that though this fandom is shit, others are still worse by default. Really, go check out their thread.

>lance loves gasolina and flirts with people in spanish
God, I fucking died.

>go check out their thread

I'd really, really rather not.

I've seen them say Allura is black because Kimberly Brooks is, even though she stated herself that "Allura is not African American, she's Altean."
Josh Keaton is white and Peruvian so are they going to say Shiro is actually part Quechua now?

Shiro loves llamas

I want Lance to explain he can't speak Spanish or a bunch of other stereotypical stuff.

That family dinner with the peas kind of gave it away just how white she was. Holt is proto-Germanic so it could range from Swedish to English to Danish to German, etc. Pidge's mom is also named Colleen, which is Irish.

Any art of Shiro with 80s hair? His design just reminds me of YJ Superboy, half because it's the same voice.

Pidge is probably German-Irish like loads of white Americans. She seems to be living in the south since that's where all the military compounds are in fiction.

This fandom mainly focuses on shipwars as opposed to being surrounded by kids on tumblr and landwhales that who are afraid of pretty girls.
Once you step away from the fandom for awhile, you begin to appreciate that it isn't as shit as some other fandoms
>that one fandom who's shouting "x ship is dead!" because of a movie poster

I don't know why people were surprised by Keith being Texan when all that space stuff is usually located in the south

Same. They don't say where the Garrison is but I thought Arizona because I saw a lot of desert.

>“Can you stop calling me ‘dad’? It sounds weird,”

>They love him because he's brown and insecure
Is Marco tumblr's favorite cartoon character?

I wonder if Pidge has a cute, pliable butt or if it's kind of big from poor eating habits? I bet she has one of those flat white girl butts.

Yes. Especially with him wearing that dress one time.

>one time
Make that two.
It's probably going to be a recurring thing.

I always just imagined him as that Dad friend, you know the ones.
>about to do dumb thing in game
>he either stops you or admin powers you back alive

Shiro would be the guy who picks healer because he wants to help the team but ends up as a passive aggressive salt machine when they won't stop doing dumb shit.

Oh my God, yes.

"It's okay, team, we'll do better next run."
>Lance if you pull one more fucking time I'll kill you in your sleep
>goddam it Pidge stfu about the graphics settings and throw down some debuffs
>Hunk ffs you picked the tank stop running
>...good job, Keith

This speaks to me on a spiritual level.

Man an MMO au would be some good shit. Might write one later on. Healer Shiro would be pure patience and salt with Keith and Pidge being the only competent team mates.

Healer Shiro, rogue Kieth, hunter Lance, tank Hunk, mage Pidge. Lance always draws aggro with his pet, but Kieth's actually got a better companion and is better with it.

Pidge always dropping out mid-dungeon to do family things and pissing everyone off.

Screw the ship wars, I just want my favorites to end up with good people.

I love this, depending on the game healers can be great leaders since they have a better overview of the situation.

But considering what a competent fighter Shiro is I don't know if he'd be the healer. Keith and Lance are the damage dealers and always stealimg each other's kills, Hunk is the tank, Pidge is a mage with some utility spells. So I guess the role left for him really is healer.

Drawing from my memories of pre-expansion WoW, I'd have Shiro as a paladin, Pidge as a warlock, Hunk as a warrior and... Yeah, rogue Keith and hunter Lance sound good.

There's got to be something there, the Paladin training would have packed on a bit of muscle.

Probably puts on one of her bots, still out dps' the rest of the team

In some MMO's I've played there's always a cleric, able to lead using healing and buffs while also getting some heavy hits in.

Hunk and Coran try to get everyone to eat their space Oatz

>the bot starts going off-script 'cause they're in a different area/fighting a different boss/whatever
>Shiro sounds like a Metal Gear game over trying to tell her she needs to change strats
>cut to her in the kitchen getting a drink

Guys stop, now I really want an episode where they just play MMO the entire time.

The first thing Coran taught them was the Ancient Altean Art of the 5 x 5.

The Paladins of Voltron have always been known across the universe for their dedication to justice and their fantastic asses.

Zarkon skips leg day

Guild wars with the Galra?

Episode where they have to enter a space eSports tournament for whatever reason.

Lotor A E S T H E T I C S when?

>I just want my favorites to end up with good people.
Allura harem ending ftw

I wonder if Altean have the same sexual mores as humans?

>Zarkon thought he got cucked by free love Alfor and started the Galra Empire in revenge.

My issue with Allura is that I don't see her as a girl in love (yet). The main themes I associate with her are responsibility and leadership, the loss of her folk and family and her hatred for the Galra which contrasts her usual diplomatic attitude (but this is a theme that will be resolved soon probably).

I just don't want to see her end up with Shiro, it's a boring pair.

Pidge probably has her own private server, and inherited her spot on the team from her brother Matt. Lance still thinks she's a G.I.R.L.

Now the question is would Pidge play a loli looking character or manly man.

why is Defender so much better?

She'd go weird, like a Charr or something

Something you can't define and fundamentally inhuman looking. Kieth plays a sexy female model for the racial stats and got hit on by Lance when they first meant.

>Keith's character looks edgy as fuck
>Lance's is an over the top heroic version of himself
>Hunk's is a friendly giant, maybe even some big cutesy food related mascot
>Shiro's character is pretty normal looking and with standard solid armor, nothing fancy

As for Pidge, it could go multiple ways but I feel like she likes cute stuff. Pidge plays the token loli but everyone thinks she's a guy because of the way she talks in chat.

I like the idea of Keith playing an edgy as fuck sexy female character.

Keith would be a Reaper main, but he would actually do really well with him. People still meme at him in chat for it, and he is forever salty.

I also feel like Shiro is pretty bang on for Soldier 76. Grey haired team dads, plus you can still work in healing.