If you're a lesser known celebrity/actor with a decent amount of net worth...

If you're a lesser known celebrity/actor with a decent amount of net worth, what would you do if you want to take a break from acting/showbiz?

I mean with that amount of money people could basically just go on vacation the rest of their lives. Being lesser known also means you don't need to worry about paparazzis and shit.

I'd continue doing small indie films. Less each year untill what little fame I had was diminished. Then I'd live a quiet life of luxury. Travel a lot, bang some hot chicks, buy a Ferrari. Maybe buy about 500 acres in the country when I get older and start a family.

If I were Ethan Hawke I'd just make movies for Linklater for the rest of my life and then maybe buy a fishing boat.

How?

Didn't spend his money on stupid shit, maybe?

i would build a small, nice museum to display my avn awards

adverts

Same for that owlguy from watchmen

Buy a ranch in Montana and raise chickens, cows and rabbits to sell to hipster farm-to-table restaurants. Hunt elk in good weather, and during the winter I'd travel and do guest episodes on review shows and drop gossip about sleazy Hollywood jews.

So basically what I already do minus freezing my ass off in winter and owning the ranch.

Patrick wilson is worth 275 mil

Pay instagram models to humiliate my penis

He actually has leading roles, Stormare has been doing nothing but "turn up to play crazy Russian for 5 minutes" for the past 20 years.

good money management skills and business sense

BTC

I'd do pretty much this. Buy myself a nice farm/ranch. And just enjoy growing stuff, raising some farm animals, and building stuff around my property. Hang out around my big estate, maybe do some creative shit at my house like paintings/music production/woodworking, maybe start a podcast or something. Do some interesting movies now and then if I get a script that isn't some Transformers or Fast & Furious pleb shit.

did any of you ever checked if those companies exist?

1 million dollars is enough to live forever on, if you move to texas or something

1 million invested in index tracking ETFs will easily get an avg of 70 000 per year. Adjust 3 percent returns for inflation and you have 40 000 to live on. Thats not a life of luxury but its well above median income in most places in the US

it seems so easy to figure this out. how the fuck do idiots who win a $5+ million lottery go broke?

You answered your own question bro.

People are either good with money or they're not. If you give an eternally poor person $5m they'll soon get back to zero. People who've earned their own money and saved it, in all likelihood would not blow a lottery win and end up poor. I'm sure there are people who lucked into some money and retained it just because that is their nature.

People are generally encouraged to live for the moment and enjoy their lives while they're here. Because of this I guess that overwhelmingly more people are bad with money than good.

I'd spend all my time d/ic/king around and trying to reinvent my career as a visual artist instead of an actor.

Ethan Hawke spends a lot of his time in his cottage in Nova Scotia, about 20 minutes away from where I live. I saw him in Canadian Tire once. Apparently hes here for the golf and the fishing.

>mfw I live in Hill Country Texas and I'm literally doing exactly this right now and it's working

>IM BUYING A SPEEDBOAT WAHHHHEEYYYYYYYYY

In english doc?