Just saw this, finally, because I'm slowpoke as fuck, and found it really average...

Just saw this, finally, because I'm slowpoke as fuck, and found it really average. Looked gorgeous but music wasn't overly memorable, Maui was just really bland, Jermaine and his Shiny song really stuck out like a sore thumb because of how stylistically different it was, and the story seemed to be even more sparse than a regular Disney film.

I mean, when a retarded chicken provides the majority of laughs in a film, it can't be that solid as a comedy, and in terms of the drama or characters it just seemed thin. It was okay, a 6/10 movie to me.

>implying being stylistically different didnt make it more memorable
you sir need to be more shiny

I agree, it was an average film...for me the main complaint I had is that it never seemed big enough, maybe it's partially because most of the movie seems to just be two settings....ocean, and island, but idk

Visuals were great, story was alright, but the characters were pretty bland and forgettable.

7/10 from me. Its a decent movie but definitely not one of their best. I found the chicken to probably be the best little animal sidekick that Disney has done however. It added some humor and lightened the tone but never really detracted from any scene he was in.

It's more memorable, sure, but I only remember it as "That song that sounded really FotC and didn't fit the rest of the movie" and that Jermaine sang the word SHIIIIIINY quite often.

This may well have contributed to my finding it bland as well, now that I think about it.

I did like Tudyk's chicken role, it was pretty great, but I found the humour otherwise to mostly be lacking. Sounds like you and I sit at around the same opinion overall.

these guys used to make great movies like Little Mermaid,Aladdin and Hercules then Treasure Planet now they make princess of colour movies, what happened?

Disney's really been trying to go at it making movies without a strong, central man vs man arc, but they kind of just aren't taking the risks necessary. Especially in this one. Like Big Hero 6 they choose some pretty heavy subject matter but then pull their punches like crazy.

>Hercules
>Treasure Planet
>Great
I love Hercules and even I can admit it's only okay for the most part. Treasure Planet is just plain bad, though.

Hercules was pretty fucking solid, to be fair.

>not liking Shiny
Drab crab detected

I did like most of the songs and the characters but the movie was too empty I think for a "road" movie. There is the starting Island, Maui gets on right after, the pirates and the monster realm has a few minutes and done. End of the movie.

Moana is a qt and I want to fug her while she does cute faces but it is a bare minimum from a Disney princess.

Disney black girls get no solid romance stories.

I could've watched a whole movie of baby Moana. Or at least half.

just like real life

I was more engaged with Sing which was just a shameless Sherk the musical.

I hated the chicken, but loved the tiny pig. I was really expecting the tiny pig to be the comical animal character, actually, based on the previews and teaser trailers.

Oh, I was strongly recommended to check that out by a friend with young nieces, is it actually worth a watch or just a fairly average "eh watch it if you have nothing better to do" movie?

So did all of us watching it tonight. Pretty clear that it was intended as a fake-out from the start now I know about Tudyk Chicken.

>If it's Brown, we're not Down."
>Probably a quote by Disney.

choppy start but over all the plot is well paced and gives reasonable cause for everyone and the actions they take. Actors perform well to where you invest in their very cliche stories and the music they perform is actually put together very well. It sticks with you but I feel much like Sherk, and Despicable Me the luster will fade over time.

Black female/white male marriages have a lower divorce rate than white male/white female.

Yeah and they are less of them than homosexuals so that's not really a good sample size to even enter this discussion on. Only pairing rarer than that is Asian/black.

you see any Disney films that have done that yet? No? Then why are you so sensitive to the topic?

Sup Forums needs to leave.

>Hercules
>Treasure Planet
Don't apply for great.

Treasure Planet is underrated.

>Ay, yo girl
>you wan sum /ss/?

t.Unshinyfag

Severely.

>10 years for the CG

Songs and characters can be good while still being out of place in a movie.

Just sayin'

that scene wasnt even in the movie. like wtf?

Moana is the last fart of the revival era. It was boring!

Shiny was the best part.

>Hunchback of Notre Dame