How do you think it will do?

How do you think it will do?

>Hope it's at least better than Luke Cage

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/tv/2017/02/21/iron-fist-madame-gao-the-hand-daredevil-connection/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Dn49QoKGKr8
youtube.com/watch?v=gSgB0KYH8ew
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It has to be.

The second half of Luke Cage is the most boring superhero live-action production ever made.

Is this not out yet? I swear they finished production ages ago.

And, yet Diamondback is so damn theatrical.

I was /really/ hyped, but changing his motivations and the Colleen Wing clip has really diluted things for me.
>The Internet receptions towards Iron Fist, didnt help.

Wish he was more ripped. Not beefy, but like, just more lean and muscly like the Bruce Lee look

March 17th. 24 days.

Is that even possible?

When does the embargo lift? If its rumoured to be later than the others it wouldn't surprise me...for obvious reasons.

>for obvious reasons.
It's rumoured to be bad?

>but changing his motivations
What did they do?

From the little I've heard it's good. I was talking more the fact that a lot of people wanted Danny race-bended. So, that may colour their perception of Danny/the show. Some of the people that have been roasting Iron Fist, themselves write articles. I think Marvel need to be aware the sort of reception they received for DD,JJ and LC, maybe tempered for IF.

Removed the "revenge" element from his origin story. No matter how the lore has been changed throughout the years that remained constantly. So, the question is what are they replacing it with? It makes Danny seem like Green Arrow.

Wait, really? It seems like from the trailers that Meachum will still be the villain, so that sucks

He's there as the main antagonist, but it seems Danny doesn't know it was him that was involved in his parents death, unlike the comics where he actually saw it happen with his own to eyes. Here it's a plane crash and he expects Meachum to "welcome him back with open arms".

Come to think of it, Faramir looks more like Ollie than Amell

You think? Personally, I'm not seeing it.

Don't think he had long to train.

>White Male

Uuuuuggggghhhh soooo boring.

That's what I think as well.

>tfw you will never fuck Dannyfu

It's literally only going to get hate for the correct casting. All the sites will say, at best, "the show is really fun and interesting but I just can't get by the fact that they didn't chose to correct the problematic nature of the character and cast an actor (or ACTRESS YASSS) of asian descent".

Can't wait to see him beat the shit out of some beta chinamen and then fuck colleen's tight asian pussy

Stop it, user.

>He's precious (and pure).

It's so ironic that they've latched to race-bend one of the only characters where "White Privilege" is a theme. Especially, from who's leading the charge.

They don't know a thing about any of these characters lol. They just want clicks.

And, the ones that do don't get much attention. I've actually collected articles/blogposts that explain why AA Danny doesn't why, and why he does actually need to be white, and they dont really touch on the bad arguments Anti-AAIF have made. It's so sad one of the most progressive (white) characters in comics, is being stripped down to a 2-D racist caricature.

I had to force myself to finish JJ and the only thing keeping me from dropping DD2 was Frank. I couldn't even finish Luke Cage because it was so goddamn boring. I have zero hope for Iron Fist.

Daredevil's first season was a flash in the pan.

You literally can not win with Iron Fist. Make him white like he's supposed to be and people will bitch about Mighty Whitey. Make him Asian or mixed Asian and people will bitch about him being good at martial arts because he's Asian. Make him any other race or gender and you're pandering/racebaiting. The only thing you can do is make a judgement call and ignore the bitching.

>At least better than Luke Cage
>at least

Luke Cage is the best netflix marvel show so far though? Yeah the second half of season 1 kind of spun its wheels but still much better than DD & JJ

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed the week it comes out so I probably won't be able to enjoy it right away.

I hope it's awful and racist as fuck.
Marvel and especially has become such a fucking joke of a brand, I cannot wait for them to fuck up just a tiny bit and have the casual nerd audience of tumblr and buzzfeed turn against them

I've seen the first block of episodes and I enjoyed it more then Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Luke Cage is hands down the best of any of these wash yo damn mouf out son

>Not spoiling anything
Fuck off

Sup Forums is a place for cucked white teens. You really think people here will admit to Luke Cage being the best thing to come out of the MCU/MCU tangent projects

Luke Cage was okay but I was expecting it to be a bit more fun instead of the usual grimdark netflix mcu fare that it was.

>Mighty Whitey

Even if its not completely true?

>Filename.
>Not "try setting it to W, for Wumbo"

It wasn't bad. I did enjoy it, but to me it didn't have "PEAK HYPE!" episodes like JJ, and it didnt have the "I wanna re-watch it straight away" like DD. I agree with some that said LC was dramatically inert at points, and LC's character and actor were wishy-washy.

I know that attitude exist, but that's not why I said that.

Fuck, I sure hope so. Netflix Marvel started out so promising but they really shat the bed with JJ and Luke Cage.

Is this accurate: Colleen gets kidnapped, right? Danny and Claire try to rescue her, they get trapped and that's where she sees Danny use "the power of the Iron Fist". Colleen battles a member of The Hand in a courtyard.

How big of a role does The Hand play? Does it seem stand-alone and not an obvious stepping stone to the Defenders.

How is Finn as Danny? Danny himself handled?

Seems more and more people are thinking DDS1 was a "Lightening in a bottle".

Why did people not like Luke Cage?
I mean, it was kind of bland but I'd watch it over Jessica Jones and second half of DDS2 any day.

Cottonmouth was also the best MCU villain. Fight me.

Get the fuck out normie. It doesn't mean SHIT!

>if it doesn't coincide with my echo chamber beliefs it is harmful to my feelings!

You just named the problem with it. There's no more Cottonmouth after the first half

Please, tell me Colleen doesn't get the draws!

>pray circle

A chemist is kidnapped by the Hand. Danny and Colleen stumble upon him in the back of a truck. He's injured during the rescue and they take him to Claire.

From the episodes I've seen, Claire hasn't discovered his Iron Fist power yet. She does refer to Danny as 'one of them'.

The Hand starts as a background presence but they pick up more and more as it goes on. Danny already knows about them. Claire loses her shit when she finds out. The first 3 episodes are more focused on the drama with Danny's return and the Meachum's trying to prove that he's not the real Danny Rand. Hogarth takes Danny's side in this.

It seems like the Hand will come more into play towards the end. They're dealing some type of special heroin which the Chemist was forced to produce.

So far it seems stand-alone other then Claire's character progress/references. She's taking self defense lessons which she referenced wanting to do at the end of Luke Cage.

I'm enjoying Finn as Danny. He's pretty much a manchild for normal things. But as soon as martial arts come up, out comes this serious side. The fighting scenes are fun, theirs a hallway and elevator fight sequence.

Thank you for answering. Sounds interesting.

>Danny is precious
Good, good, good.

You say the martial arts are good, but are they believable? I only ask, because we didnt see much it the trailer, and the Colleen Wing clip could have been edited/choreographed better.

that back stance is fuggin weak

Anybody saw the previews for Brisson's Iron Fist? Danny's been put through the ringer, but I can't say I'm not excited to read.

Is that a fucking Wu Tang symbol on his chest?

My mandrama folder is monolithic. Every filename has to start with the wrestler if I'm gonna find anything ever.

no chad collar no buy

Congrats you outed yourself as a poser

I feel the exact inverse. JJ & DD both dragged for me, the former more than the latter. The novelty would always wear off halfway through and I just finished them to finish them. Cage had a stronger sense of style from the get-go and was generally more entertaining for it, and when the first smidgen of fatigue DID creep in: BAM!!! Total paradigm shift. Everything gets scrambled. New status quo. It reinvigorated everything, made it feel like 2 back-to-back miniseries. I'd have bodied it all in one sitting were I not so exhausted by the finale.

I think the casting is terrible. Not because of the race, he should be white, but because he's a fucking twink.

I think they fucked up with giving him an Asian girlfriend though. It just makes it seem like White Power fantasy.

Danny is a fucking twink.

I think the words you're looking for is cultural appropriation. not power fantasy.

No. Is that Avengers Academy?

Eh, it's a monk thing.

No, it's Tech N9ne you idiot.

I hope not, Danny and Colleen are a rare example of a male lead, and the female lead being just friends. The whole AA campaign makes things worst.

"White power fantasy" makes sense, in this context.

>No tattoo

The asian girlfriend thing is not cultural appropriation. Doing kung fu is.

how is kung fu "cultural "

Literally what kind of fucking question is that?

I don't really buy into the whole CA bullshit so I'm not sure how to answer that. If you don't think kung fu is cultural you're nuts. That's literally the entire conspiracy behind Bruce Lee's death, That they were mad he was ruining the culture.

I feel as if the Asian girlfriend gives accusations of cultural appropriation a leg to stand on.

Why though? Why is that the line for you?

It's not, whether or not that's how it makes you feel.

> No Misty

Fuck this show honestly

I'm seeing all people on Twitter getting all excited over Danny/Misty, I am too, but I saw those trailers...I was born at night, but not last night. It's gonna knock the wind out of people. This is gonna be awkward. The pre-fandom is already mess, but it will be a full bonafided mess, soon.

I conceded that the Asian girlfriend isn't cultural appropriation. That's not what I'm saying anymore.

The asian just makes the whole scenario more outlandish. It gives that side of the argument some more ammo. A white guy being the chosen one in a magical asian land, becoming a master of mystical kungfu, and he's fucking asian women.

With Danny's story it doesn't even count as CA.

In the comics he flips the scrip on those tropes, so lets hope Marvel doesn't fuck it up.

>The revenge motivation as been removed, though. So, that's concerning.

You could take a wet shit on a pedestal fan and end up with something better than Luke Cage.

I just dont get why the change was neccesary you know? Misty didnt have to sleep with Luke and Colleen and Danny dont need a romance.

I think it was because, of the guilt and conflict of interesting surrounding a person of the law sleeping with a wanted felon. Also, it this universe, I guess it's away to make them closely connected.

Danny/Colleen seems worse, though. Luke/Misty was a ONS, but the trailer implied romantic feelings between D+C.

Hype?

Off topic, but Iwan Rheon, AKA Melon Fucker had been cast in The Inhumans as Maximus. This boy seem typecast as fuck.

Seems Marvel is changing quite a bit about Mr.Rand. Unlike comic Danny that was Iron Fist first, Danny Rand second. MCU Danny will be Danny first Iron Fist second.

ew.com/tv/2017/02/21/iron-fist-madame-gao-the-hand-daredevil-connection/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

New Featurette! With more fighting scenes and additional footage.

m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Dn49QoKGKr8

Yes, everything Luke Cage after Cottonmouth died was S H I T.

I agree, cottonmouth was great, random brother appearing was not cool at all, made me lose all interest and dropped it.

>dat jewfro
>dat hipster beard
He's ugly as fuck and I hate everythig about this show already

Finn's not ugly, and he looses that look throughout the show.

Why is he less fit then a good chunk of Sup Forums?

Yellow Fever is the term you're looking for.

>he's not ugly
okay tumblr

>Tumblr
>Some don't like him because he's white.

I--What--this makes zero sense.

See thats how i felt, at least with Luke Cage
THe mid season shake up kept it from feeling like it was over staying on plot lines like JJ did
it also had a good place to really dig into his past and i honestly though the "how do we operate on a man whos skin we can cut" plotline was cool.
that and Diamondback was such a different villian and antagonist than Cottonmouth that it was neat to see what he would do.
that and i thought that Mariah killing Cottonmouth was the biggest shocker of the show and a hell of a scene

Re-ignited hype.

ANOTHER White man?!

Reminder that a big part of The Defenders is the interplay between Danny (a rich white guy) and Luke (a middle/low class black guy).

Changing Danny's ethnicity really messes that up.

What the fuck are you talking about, he's white as fuck

You're preaching to the choir.

>The dynamic has changed somewhat, because now Luke's a country boy from the south. WTF?

Did you even read the post?

In the same mind set, as long as it isn't as bad as Luke cage and the Second half of S2 DareDevil I'm happy.

But these shows have a bad habit of dragging, even cutting the seasons down 2 episodes would probably spell out a noticeable improvement.

youtube.com/watch?v=gSgB0KYH8ew
Looks like shit.
Will probably be shit.

Is he gonna wear his fucking costume or what? Capeshit without the cape is just shit.