What went so horribly wrong?

What went so horribly wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.tfw2005.com/2016/10/06/transformers-robots-disguise-season-3-combiner-force-sneak-peek-326169
youtu.be/wA2-0nTxaGg
youtu.be/eqnmZlt-kuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did something go wrong? I only watched like five episodes

If you mean in general from the get go, Transformers always changes up their tone/approach from show to show....marketing strategy I guess to engage every part of the fandom and not focus too much on any single group

I liked that they dialed back the epic borefest shit and went for fun and humor again.

But that choppy as shit CG animation makes the show visually unappealing on a level close to Energon.

I didn't think it was that bad. No Transformers Animated but not Armada bad.

>What went so horribly wrong?
That is exactly what your mother asks herself every day.

Nothing really.

it's not as ambitious as Prime was but it also doesn't have that pressure to deliver and then disappoint.

It's a fine show on its own merits, i have fun with it.

is this show cancel? I thought there was suppose to be a season 3...

Is that a bitch in the top right?

>I thought there was suppose to be a season 3...

Fans keep calling that 6-episode season "season 2.5" but they're just being autistic.

It was season 3 and the show's over. It was short because Hasbro pulled out of the series since it was badly underperforming in merch and ratings.

It's happening later this year.

Strongarm is a fembot yes.

>It was season 3 and the show's over. It was short because Hasbro pulled out of the series since it was badly underperforming in merch and ratings.

This is all lies FYI.

news.tfw2005.com/2016/10/06/transformers-robots-disguise-season-3-combiner-force-sneak-peek-326169

>Strongarm is a fembot yes.
thanks for filling me in.
Wasn't Strongarm the name of a guy in Armada or something?

They swap names around between Transformers franchises without any rhyme or reason to whether they're similar to a previous incarnation.

It helps Hasbro maintain the trademarks.

Being stuck on Cartoon Network.

Shoulda came out on Discovery Family, sure CN reaches way more homes but that hardly matters when CN treats all outside shows like utter shit

I mean, Rescue Bots outlived TF Prime and probably RiD too and it was only ever on Hub/Discovery

To be fair; RB is pretty good and with four seasons it Came to a satisfying ending

I want to fuck Strongarm

Too bad we never got a Mother's Day episode.

Weird animation

whatever happened to Mrs. Greene and Mrs. Burns we might never know

The animation looks weird because it tries to apply 2D-animation timing and logic to 3D.

The problem with applying these to 3D is that the public has been given ONE BILLION inbetweens right from the get go, with 3D the public has been accustomed to "full fps". So while the 2D tricks give the 3D animation some much needed snappiness it just looks choppy and slow to the viewer.
It's like the Hobbit movie high-fps reaction, except in reverse.

3D is also always on-model, going off-model is a huge pain in the ass, this results in weak ass smears which are an essential tool to hide low framerates in 2D animation.

Similar problems can be seen here:
youtu.be/wA2-0nTxaGg

This one uses heavy modelswapping and other tricks for smears and intentional off-model frames which fools you into thinking that you are watching 2D, you don't see the choppiness of the animation except when the game does the 3D-camera drives:
youtu.be/eqnmZlt-kuc
It's EXCELLENT but it only works when the camera is locked and I think the budget might be way too high for TV-animation.