Straight from GDT's twitter.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2017/02/20/first-pacific-rim-2-set-videos-are-explosive-/
youtube.com/watch?v=pJWL3UPfVmE
mobile.twitter.com/realgdt/status/827065272028766208?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We do not deserve Del Toro.

Good, now someone can start fresh.

I liked the first movie and Ron as Hellboy but the story was getting squirrely as fuck by the end of Army.

Fuck you I want to see Red become Father

Shipping Liz with Hellboy is gross and you should feel gross. They're practically brother and sister.

Not surprised, stopped hoping for it years ago. What's done is done. Here's to whoever picks it up again in decades to come

I agree that we should have a third movie to wrap up loose ends. Or a comic book. Or some sort of closure.

They should do a Netflix/HBO series that is closer to the comics.

context? why cancel

Can't cancel something that didn't exist beyond being nothing more than an idea and a pitch

a-at least this frees up Mountain of Madness right?

He said he'd have a serious sit-down with the various other people involved, presumably a few key players weren't committed to another one.

No one wants that now that we have Prometheus.

Can we get a big-budget BPRD TV series then?

Everytime I rewatch both movies I end up pretty bored.
The first one was pretty gud but everything looked real cheap and very dated looking when you watch in 2017. The second one had some fucking incredible production values and solid acting but a shit story.
I'd rather them just shit out a bunch of animated movies with Perlman voicing Hellboy. Easier for him and we still get a good casting.

Someone post Hellboy giving her a lollipop when she's a kid.

I would be way too worried about it being made into a very generic monster of the week show without a stellar creative team that really cares about making it good.

Then how about a period-piece mini-series about Witchfinder?

>And that is to be the final thing about it
God fucking damn it

>tfw no moody animated hellboy by genndy

What about animated movies?

Any chance of a more of them? DC still keeping that market alive so they could prolly get a limited screening or whatever movie they make too.

The cartoons were better anyway, make more of those

This doesn't really bother me, they're just watered down versions of the comics, it's cool to see the characters on the big screen but I've never been the type that goes gaga over adaptions, even the real close ones.

>no more Hellboy Perlman
>and Mignola is retiring from comics

Can I hope for more Pacific Rim?

Poor Del Toro probably feels like he's cursed

The second movie is in production. John Boyega is the son of Cancelling The Apocalypse Man. Guillermo is not directing it himself, though.

Source?

comicbook.com/2017/02/20/first-pacific-rim-2-set-videos-are-explosive-/

Just like Hellboy himself.

So the rights can finally go back to Marvel right?

so....is hellboy a dead demon or a demon returned to his realm. i didn't get the ending as all he did was go SS1 and killed all the demons then went for a drink. can someone explain

why did he commit genocide
why doesn't he return to the world of the living and help
doesn't he know that the world is ending
is he going to fuck that human girl he is dating
what is going to happen to him now

Agree that we need more Hellboy cartoons.

Mignola gives no fucks anymore.

>so....is hellboy a dead demon or a demon returned to his realm. i didn't get the ending as all he did was go SS1 and killed all the demons then went for a drink. can someone explain
Both
>why did he commit genocide
Those fuckers had it coming
>why doesn't he return to the world of the living and help
Not sure if he can
>doesn't he know that the world is ending
Nope
>is he going to fuck that human girl he is dating
Nope
>what is going to happen to him now
He's probably just gonna chill

>no Hellboy 3
shame
>GdT still eating shit
good

You killed me - an insignificant sequel, but you have given birth to a Godly spiritual successor

Dude, he's dead. Cut him some slack. Earth is fucked anyway.

fuck earth i want humanity to live. i don't want another race to act human

Oh wow

You know humans can't win.

Humans have God

It's going to be so fucking bad. Pacific Rim is my favorite movie of all time, and I just know that Pacific Rim 2 is going to be awful.

This.
As much of a shame it is for us not getting the end of Del Toro's version, I'd love a closer adaptation in the future.

Maybe animated like The Goon test footage...

Remember the part in the Bible where God said everything was going to get destroyed?

Happened with the flood. The rainbow is a symbol that it would never happen again. God watches over his children.

WHY

The fuck? Staker had Mako as a surrogate daughter and now he suddenly has a son played by Mr. Bojangles?

Sauce on Mignola retiring?

I know you Hellboy fans don't want to hear this, but it's for the best. How many good "third" films have there ever been? You could probably count them on one hand.

An on the comic side, Hellboy comics had become stale over the last 5 years. Can't you see that "Hellboy in Hell" was the last act of a desperate man?

The rainbow is a symbol God would never DROWN everyone again. The Book of Revelation is all about the other shit He's going to pull on man.

Yep. Casting Boyega was a stunt casting because Force Awakens had either just come out or was about to, so they grabbed him up once they realized they already had a black guy in the first movie they could make him related too... despite the fact that it fucking ruins Mako and Stacker's entire fucking relationship!

I reiterate, Pacific Rim 2 is going to be fucking awful. One person from the original cast is returning, they aren't using the script the original people were working on, and del Toro is unlikely to be involved in any real way.

I have zero fucking hope for this movie.

Whoa......... that's... actually really...... smart....

For those who don't get it:

Pale = white (Like white people, the evil race of people)

Man = man (like men, who are evil)

This is deep..............

>Can't you see that "Hellboy in Hell" was the last act of a desperate man?

That comic was pure art. Also, Mignola is notorious for his back and forth going. He started it as something episodic, then he realized that he kill Satan and that the downfall of Hell was imminent. If one mistake was made that's him not planning the stuff out first, even though it was meant to be cathartic by nature since issue one.

God damnit, I hate everyone who is at fault for this.
Just look at this scene and answer me why noone wants to do a third one. Just because Hellboy does not wear a cape?
youtube.com/watch?v=pJWL3UPfVmE

Really gets the old Guillermo deltoroing...

SON OF A F#CKING B#TCH

>In case you’re curious about what would have been though, Del Toro previously opened up about what he wanted the plot of the third film to be.

>“The idea for it was to have Hellboy finally come to terms with the fact that his destiny, his inevitable destiny, is to become the beast of the Apocalypse, and having him and Liz face the sort of, that part of his nature, and he has to do it, in order to be able to ironically vanquish the foe that he has to face in the 3rd film. He has to become the beast of the Apocalypse to be able to defend humanity, but at the same time he becomes a much darker being. It’s a very interesting ending to the series.”

>Perlman also spoke about ideas for the film previously, addressing the children that Selma Blair’s Liz Sherman was pregnant with at the end of the second film.

>“The two twins: one would look like the mom and one would look like the dad. And one of them was going to be completely f*cking corrupt, the other one angelic. Which one was which? Only Guillermo would make the f*cked-up-looking one be the angel. So then that adds to the saga.”

This shit real?

If it is It will break my fucking heart

So who was going to be the main villain? Rasputin again?

mobile.twitter.com/realgdt/status/827065272028766208?lang=en

N-no, please...

how dare a director's interpretation of a film differ from yours

>surprised a mexican hates someone who saod all mexicans are rapists
Really dels my toro

I thought humans at least had a chance to win since He'll on earth proved prophecies are bullshit and anything is possible

Man I just don't want to be compared to a literal monster who eats children because I'm a white dude.

I'm not so much bothered by the anti-Trump spam as I am about a director stating the underlying message of his work is a hamfisted assertion that Caucasian men are evil. Maybe you don't mind when a well-known creator openly announces their racism and idiocy, but I do.

They just have to do the impossible like johann and break the unbreakable

why are you talking about god when we all know there is no proof he is real in hellboy :)

Why even live?

I just wish not everything would be turned political all the time.

>It is a question that I myself ask of the world many times, but we have gone through basically every studio and asked for financing, and they are not interested. I think that the first movie made its budget back, and a little bit of profit, but then it was very very big on video and DVD. The story repeated itself with the second already, it made its money back at the box office, but a small margin of profit in the release of the theatrical print, but was very very big on DVD and video. Sadly now from a business point of view all the studios know is that you don't have that safety net of the DVD and video, so they view the project as dangerous.

>Creatively, I would love to make it. Creatively. But it is proven almost impossible to finance. Not from MY side, but from the studio side. If I was a multimillionaire, I would finance it myself, but I spend all my money on rubber monsters.

I....I want him to be happy...

>Only Guillermo would make the f*cked-up-looking one be the angel.
Babby-tier irony my dude.

but while doing that johann basically admitted he was just delaying the inevitable

But that still puts it as implying that only whites in power are oppressing. There's no oppressive blacks or asians or women in power.

still retarded, still hurts.

Trenchcoats/dusters > Capes