Image Week 4 Storytime: Prophet

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

For our final week, we'll be looking at modern Image, an age of superstar writers, popular artists, and... movie/TV pitches?

Next up is the reimagining that surprised everyone, Brandon Graham et al's Prophet, based on characters created by Rob Liefeld

Saga:

What ever happened with Prophet?

I remember seeing it for a while, and then it kinda just dropped off.

It ended with Earth War a few months ago.

Was it a proper ending, or an "oh shit, we're cancelled. Pack it in." Ending?

Proper, I think. Liefeld really liked what Graham and his friends did with his characters so I'm pretty sure he allowed him to properly finish his story.

>canceled
The opposite.

The storyline was originally intended to run for 24 or 25 issues, and it got extended to 31 to fit more stuff in.

Oh man, I loved Prophet. Guess I'll have to read it again

Too lewd!

Would you?

Skipping the back-ups (which I believe I didn't do when I first ran this)

thanks for posting this m8, stuff like this is great. not to reduce it to its base elements but weird bug culture, gross fuckin', head chopping and stuff are always welcome. great mix of fantasy elements and sci-fi

Just doing my bit.

Of course. For the mission!

Of course, everyone knows the Earth Empire's true purpose was to fuck every alien on sight

It is the way of our Patron Saint Kirk.

Naturally! Dibs on the green chicks

I get the feeling this guy...these guys are basically cloned Conans from ancient DNA who are outfited by Batman himself.

Graham was inspired by Conan, among other things, for this, yes

this dude is hard core.