"Your leading actor can't even act. Your film is going to be rubbish................mate"

>"Your leading actor can't even act. Your film is going to be rubbish................mate"

Fuck these movies and the christianization of Greek myths.

>christianization
do tell...... or is it just more buzzwords

Zeus as a goody two-shoes, Hades as an evil god, no other gods really present.

Disney Hercules did it too but atleast it was fun.

*ahem* Islamization of Holywood classics you mean?

Zeus released the Kraken on his children. Ares was in the sequel and was evil, too. Hades went good last minute. Your point?

>Hades threatens to unleash his monster, the Kraken, against Argos, unless Andromeda is offered as a sacrifice.

muh villian is bad muh good guy is gud wtf hollywud why u chirstianize my greek miffs if you want authentic, go read a book.

I unironically wish that someone at Hollywood would try their hand at making a Greek cinematic universe. Start off with something self-contained that most people know about, like Hercules, but actually try to be accurate to the myth. Have him murder his family through Hera-induced madness, have him do the twelve labors, etc. And it's all 100% supernatural myth, no "oh it might have been historically exaggerated, here's how it REALLY happened" bullshit. If that movie does well you can build from there, have a recurring cast of Olympian gods, most of them can be recognizable actors if necessary.

There's a huge amount of potential there and they could make a ton of money if they don't fuck it up. The only sticking point is that it's in the public domain, but you can use the actors/directors/producers as the brand themselves. Greek Mythology done by X featuring Y and Z.

>if you want authentic, go read a book
Or you know, watch the original which has Harryhausen's fine work and a better story and acting and is vastly more accurate in the portrayal of the Greek gods and their pettiness.

>they could make a ton of money if they don't fuck it up
Hardly. This niche is taken by GoT.

desu this is something we need, after seeing dwaynes version of hercules i was very disapointed,

Game of Thrones? A TV show? That has nothing to do with Greek mythology? By that logic GoT should have flopped because the LOTR trilogy already existed, I mean they're both fantasy right?

>they could make a ton of money
>from Greek mythology
loving every laugh

Wonder Woman

I mean capeshit is essentially modern mythology and it's been dominating Hollywood for like a decade now. The problem is that all the recent attempts at proper Greek Mythology have been fuck-ups. But there were plenty of capeshit fuck-ups as well.

You want true and gritty which is what GoT is masquerading as.
>comparing LotR and GoT even though they are almost a decade apart and entirely different in tone and message

>Wonder Woman is greek myth
le56%face.png

You're REALLY grasping at straws here.

I'm telling you, if you go with the "Hercules slaughters his family and the gods are dicks" it will get comapred to Game of Thrones and it will be sold as Greek myth Game of Thrones. Hollywood really isn't into originality.

no, he isn't, but you're going to pretend these arguments hold no weight because you're a faggot, also people who watch GOT despise LOTR

No they don't.

>also people who watch GOT despise LOTR
Most people aren't autistic like you, and so can enjoy two vastly different things instead of going full company-war autist over it.

Eh, if only.

>attempts at proper Greek Mythology have
Film can not suceed, it must be either theatre or music. It is how the poems are designed to be transmitted.

That or carved on stone

*tips* indeed fellow intellectual