Murder on the Orient Express - How was it?

Murder on the Orient Express - How was it?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Then_There_Were_None_(miniseries)
youtu.be/Mq4m3yAoW8E
youtu.be/hkUQ3rTfU4s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Very very pretty and a good summary version of the events of the story, but didn't take the time to actually go through how Poirot reached any of his conclusions, he just knew shit about every character without any explanation how. It won't be a classic, but there will be some stunning .webms made from it.

how much screen time did Lucy Boynton have?

Predictable and dull

Not a whole lot, she's probably one of the smaller characters in the plot. Her time on screen is memorable though.

I wish NPR would stop talking about it.

Thanks for the info. So it seems like they don't deviate too much from the original story/1974 film then?

I quite like the 1974 film but always wished we got to see more/learn more about some of the supporting characters, Countess Andrenyi included.

I haven't read the book or seen another adaptation, so I can't say how similar or dissimilar they are. She appears early in the movie in a montage as characters in Istanbul are getting ready to board the train. She doesn't appear again until 2/3 through the movie, as she's been isolated in her cabin by her ninja husband. She shows up and acts all slutty and then Poirot yells at her that she's the sister of the dead kid and then she goes away and doesn't really say anything else for the rest of the film, although she does appear in group shots.

Lol but they share the same demographic

Is it worth to read the book before seeing the movie? Is christie a goos writer?

it was good.
What are some other train movies?

>Strangers on a Train
>The Darjeeling Limited

Yes, and yes. It's only about 300 pages
Orient Express is one of her most popular works but it's not my favorite. Still good.

is he the best poirot yet?

What will be the next Christie novel to be remade with Branagh?

Train to Busan

Why was Depp billed so heavily when his screentime was so small?
This is Into the Woods all over again.

Under Siege 2

Which is your favorite

You are all gentle hearts and good people, no way any of you can be killers so my conclusion is all of you are killers

BRAVO
R
A
V
O

CHRISTIE
H
R
ETC

Trainspotting

Will we ever see a Ten Little Indians remake?

Silver Streak

It was pretty comfy, but nothing special. A good family movie night type of thing.

I actually really liked it. No idea why it's getting so much shit.

I live in the middle of nowhere but I know I saw "Death on the Nile" in my local library, is that one worth reading or should I go online to buy "Murder on Orient Express" to read it since I saw this movie?

Stop being a pleb and get an ereader.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/And_Then_There_Were_None_(miniseries)

>Strangers on a train
>Train movie

'Death on the Nile' maybe? That seems to be a popular Poirot story

They remade it in 2015

I heard some critics claimed it was too boring at times and didn't have enough action or comedy

Well I know what I'm watching this weekend.

either A Murder is Announced or Crooked House

giv aryan gf

type of movie old ladies would love

Death on the Nile is good, and it's probably worth reading because they hinted at the end of the movie that that's where Poirot is heading next. I'd say just read both

You don't deserve her

Miss Marple > Poirot

>branagh blackwashed the character so that daisy can get BLACKED in the film

why are brits such cucks?

the music in the trailer ruins my hopes for it

youtu.be/Mq4m3yAoW8E

>Asian bf

proof?

so who the fuck was the killer? is this movie retarded? complete waste of time

Read Murder of Roger Ackroyd if you don't know the ending yet, if there's going to be a boom in Christie stuff you'll probably have it spoiled. Sequence doesn't matter much for the Poirot books, they're very disjointed in time anyway, but you do notice the writing quality go down as she got older

I agree, the passengers didn't even have alibis so the end of the film just felt worthless and underwhelming

he was a poo before

It was okay. The performances were fantastic as was the cinematography. The story felt half baked. Not bad, just not fleshed out, like it would have been better told with a book.

>so who the fuck was the killer?
it was all of them but technically catwoman is guilty
>is this movie retarded?
a little
>complete waste of time
they all are

>so who the fuck was the killer?
all of them were in on it because each of them were negatively affected by the victim and they wanted revenge

>is this movie retarded?
No, they spell it out very clearly the entire movie

but what the FUCK is barbital?

a sedative

a hell of a drug

What type of character archetype is sonia's sister? my dick was so hard watching her stupor induced giddy wavvylike interrogation.

>I like talking to detectives

She was on drugs i guess.
Her scenes was little but make the most impact on me.

>'Death on the Nile'
That would be a fun story

If you are going to see this, there is a little bit of reading you must do first.

Go to Wikipedia and search up the “Lindbergh baby.“ realize that in the movie every time they say Armstrong, they actually mean Lindbergh. The killing of the Lindbergh baby is 100% true and historically accurate.

Without the proper historical context, the climax of the film loses some of the punch.

Furthermore: while Branagh lacks the electric television gravitas of David Suchet, he does justice to the character.

what retard DOESN'T know about the lindbergh baby?

Source Code

Most young people.

you're a retard if you think knowing that is essential for the movie.

Most likely Death on the Nile as the ending alluded to it

what the hell was that air kicking Count. so out of place

>$55 million
I'll bet this film won't even cut even.

Should I watch this or the film of Sidney Lumet first ?

pls

There's really no explanation of his thought process? What the fuck? That's the entire point of detective stories.

Vlak u snijegu

Night Train

North by northwest.

What's wrong with that? Never seen hysterical woman before?

Von Ryan's Express

This was very fun and very comfy

youtu.be/hkUQ3rTfU4s
Not a movie but still kino

Snowpiercer
Unstoppable
Back to the future III