Some of Geoff Johns’ supporters claim he had nothing to do with the film...

>Some of Geoff Johns’ supporters claim he had nothing to do with the film, despite him being co-producer and reportedly choosing the writers and telling them what to write. That movie has his fingerprints all over it. It lost over 90 million dollars and is listed as the 12th biggest box office bomb in history.

>The expensive CGI cartoon, Green Lantern: The Animated Series, which lasted one season and is completely off television right now, while, interestingly enough, the considerably older Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are still being aired on network television.

>Warehouses of unsold merchandise related to the film and cartoon show. Retailers will not accept Green Lantern movie or cartoon merchandise because IT DOESN’T SELL!

>Geoff Johns’ dream was to get Green Lantern to rival Batman and Superman… and we saw his laughable attempt at realizing that dream.

>This is the state Johns left Green Lantern in.

>This may make me sound like an anti-fan, but I’m happy for it. I think his vision of Green Lantern needed to be torn down for something more beautiful to grow. And boy, did it ever crash and burn!

>I think the moral of his story is that appealing to comic book fans of a certain type is one thing. Appealing to everyone else is something entirely different. I don’t believe Johns has what it takes to appeal to the general audience in a great way, and that is why I’m against him being the Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment. His efforts on the Green Lantern movie are reason enough to feel that way, but there’s something else I want to bring out.

Is interesting how spot on it was, now that Johns destroyed the batman script and the flash movie Sup Forums will stop pretending Johns isnt mediocre

Other urls found in this thread:

greenlantern.co/why-i-dislike-geoff-johns-and-believe-he-should-not-be-cco-of-dc-entertainment/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_producer
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Johns
>Choosing Fart cloud
Good one retard. And nice job revealing you don't know how script credit works.

Here come's the "Mr. Donner's Assistant" defense force.

>b-but he had nothing to do wi-
He was a co-producer and a creative consultant. Despite what Sup Forums says, He had a LOT of input in the GL film. He was also promoting the film like it was his.

>>Some of Geoff Johns’ supporters claim he had nothing to do with the film, despite him being co-producer and reportedly choosing the writers and telling them what to write. That movie has his fingerprints all over it. It lost over 90 million dollars and is listed as the 12th biggest box office bomb in history.

What movie? BvS? GL? Maybe just don't cut and paste every bit of information you find to support your retarded ideas on google the next time.

>>Warehouses of unsold merchandise related to the film and cartoon show. Retailers will not accept Green Lantern movie or cartoon merchandise because IT DOESN’T SELL!

Maybe because the 2010 Green Lantern movie bombed so hard? Try sell to normies something that didn't work for them.

>>Geoff Johns’ dream was to get Green Lantern to rival Batman and Superman… and we saw his laughable attempt at realizing that dream.

For years it was, and if you were there you wouldn't think it was laughable. It crashed with Venditti first arc.

>>This is the state Johns left Green Lantern in

Nope, you are wrong.
>>This may make me sound like an anti-fan, but I’m happy for it. I think his vision of Green Lantern needed to be torn down for something more beautiful to grow. And boy, did it ever crash and burn!

Good for you, now that Johns controls GL writers even fucking Dogfucker has done great things. Enjoy your delusion.
>>I think the moral of his story is that appealing to comic book fans of a certain type is one thing. Appealing to everyone else is something entirely different. I don’t believe Johns has what it takes to appeal to the general audience in a great way, and that is why I’m against him being the Chief Creative Officer of DC Entertainment. His efforts on the Green Lantern movie are reason enough to feel that way, but there’s something else I want to bring out.

That's what Hollywood makes you believe.

You could post the link, OP

greenlantern.co/why-i-dislike-geoff-johns-and-believe-he-should-not-be-cco-of-dc-entertainment/

>Despite what Sup Forums says, He had a LOT of input in the GL film.
[citation needed]

Christopher Nolan had a "lot" of input on MoS and BvS. He told Snyder don't haves Supes kill Zod and don't kill Zod off so early. Snyder did it anyway.

>reading comprehension: the post

Sometimes I forget that comic fans read comics and instead of books for a reason.

I don't want to sound edgy but he should have been on the plane too.

Yes, and not only that, he had enough power to convince the suits of the WB to give CYBORG a movie, it all went to shit fairly quick, and introducing Cyborg was his first huge fuck up that eventually killed the flash movie.

the emotional spectrum made Green Lantern comics gay
so I have no doubt he's at fault for ruining the movie

>[citation needed]

That "citation" is his co-producer/creative consultant credit.

Educate yourself, friend-o
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_producer

That fucker better not be talking shit on GLTAS.
And in what fucking universe is JL and JLU still being broadcasted?

And is not about space anymore, is just about war of differently colered rings. Reminder that Johns was ONLY concerned about putting seeds for a sequel so he can cash the sweet royalties checks.

Why do Johnsfags believe Johns took the Batman writing gig over flash?

Hardcore GL autists are not human

Again see Show me a list of what was specifically a Johns idea. Cmon kiddo even a 3rd grader could do it.

Johnsfags have never read anything other than Johns stuff, while accusing everyone of being casuals, so they don't know better.

I have lost the track of all the times I argue with them and they have no knowledge of anything that isn't written by Johns

Truth.

yeah it's funny how Sup Forums ignored that the movies locked Geoff out because of how bad GL was.

i mean the new movies are shit too so it didn't help but still

I've barely ever read Johns, but Green Lantern is so fucking relatively obscure that Johns is the only significant writer of GL that I know about.

The Animated Series went to pure shit when Aya-Monitor happened.

who is going to blame when WW comes out and is panned? this time he is a "co-writer" so he can't just shift the blame

>uh-uh you can't prove it
What part of "co-producer" do you johnsfags not understand?

I'm also sure that shoehorning Parallax into what amounts to GL's origin story was also Mr. Donner's Assistant's handiwork.

How bad is the Green Lantern film exactly, worth a watch or is it just straight up trash?

"lex luthor is a suave sexy anti-hero" shit.

It's better than Tr4nktastic Four but well worse than ASM2.
Use your own judgement from that.

>so he can't just shift the blame

Well, the guy didnt read wonder woma's comics before taking that job, he literally started reading them in 2014... But to be fair Jenkins had a TERRIBLE track on not being respected by the actors.

It was a made designed to bee seen in 3d, it wanted to be Iron Man, introduce the whole Light war bullshit as soon as possible and it was pure "please guys, note how cool and radical this hal jordan guy is".

>This deep into the DCEU dumpster fire, I still plan to blame it on Patty

Snyderfags: the Worst.

The final boss is literally a boiling mass of runny poo.

Mark Strong was perfectly cast as Sinestro.

Despite that the movie is still irredeemable.

Who is talking about snyder? Snyder whole thing with Wonder woman was: she fights in ww1, fights ares, and getting involved in Designe and stuff like that.

thanks, think ill skip and just check out the sinestro scenes.

Jenkins is a great director dude

>Jenkins is a great director dude
>great director
>great

No

well why do you disagree?

She has done 1 mediocre flick over 10 years ago; That's it, and it only got attention because of the real life event subject matter and Theron.

She is below average.

GOD DAMN THOSE DIGITS SPEAK TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because if she were great she'd be doing Captain Marvel

>couldn't prove it
What a disappointment. Don't make claims you can't prove. So stupid.

>1 mediocre flick
consider me triggered, monster was damn good, her segment on five was decent too

That's because you're a fucking casual. It's impossible that you don't know Denny O'Neil if you really know shit about comics.

It's a dumb movie that doesn't know what it wants to do

Like, a lot of screentime is dedicated to Mr. "I bet you can't tell whether I'm wearing a wig and fake mustache" here which was like supposed to be a dark parallel to Hal, someone succumbing to fear (problem is that fear mostly consists in "waaah daddy doesn't love me"), but then it goes nowhere and he dies like a bitch to make room for the Great Mighty Poop, which is even more boring since he has literally no character

Hal is just your average douche with an heart of gold type. Except sometimes he was TOO much of a douche. The movie starts with him causing the explosion of an expensive experimental plane and he's like "hurr don't stop me now". Sinestro and Kilowog were cool, the GL world wasn't as exciting as it should've been. The CG was overused

It had a couple of nice action pieces but they were usually caused by retarded plot, like a guy going in the middle of a crowded party with an elicopter. Woah, that's dangerous and the minimal mistake would put at risk the whole party? Who would've thought. But it was creative how Hal saved the situation constructing an Hot-wheels race track. It didn't happen enough tho

Literally the only actually good thing out of this was a cute scene where Hal's gf immediately figures out his secret identity, because domino masks don't cover crap

>implying it was Johns that created it

Also are you that pathetic snyderfag that is also saying this on DCEU threads when people say that BvS Luthor was shit?

The argument is that the only Lex Johnsfags like you had read instead of just watching in cartoons is that version

Man, that site is some weapons-grade autism.