What went so right?

What went so right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ke8xhrkx0s
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taris
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It had the budget and time needed to tell its stories.

George at the right distance

But it was his involvement that made it so good.

Gennedy.

Once he left and they switched to CGI it was a trainwreck. Still better than the utter below-Ewoks-tier trash that is REBELS, though.

Therefore >at the right distance
Not directing
Not writing
Suggesting, guiding and putting the money

It made the universe feel wider than one family and it's immediate friends and colleagues for the first time in a decade

Almost everything, except for the fact we never got the rest of the planned show.
>yfw siege of mandalore never

I will always be glad that when "The Clone Wars" Show is brought up the first thing that comes to mind is that godly cartoon, not that shitty CGI abomination. While to us here on this thread can agree that the cartoon is solid.
how did that CGI bullshit do as far as ratings and such if I remember correctly it had more than one season didnt it?

You missed the thread.

It had 6 seasons and a movie(which in reality was more like 4 episodes of the show), with 2 more seasons planned.

George Lucas. He put so much money into it that the could do whatever they wanted.

They never had to worry about the network, the advertisers, or the merch sales. George came into the project saying "We're doing at least 100 episodes, I don't care what anyone says"

But that thread is pure autism. We can't have a Star Wars discussion unless it's in a cancerous general? When did that become a rule?

Don't take the bait, you idiot.

It took a super annoying character, actually developed her and made you care about what happened to her at the end

Its clear the aim was towards an older audience. The themes and stories it dealt with/ told were obviously very heavy in nature.
Rebels tells a more simpler tale with stories that are more heavy handed while in the shadow of TCW.
Meanwhile TWC was not in the midst of the Disney take over so they had a larger budget for more grafix.

>But that thread is pure autism

Not really. Sup Forums doesn't invade all the time. Some of the best Star Wars discussions I've ever had were in that general because it's mostly populated with people who aren't OT or Legends faggots.

>When did that become a rule?
When it was made. Generals are containment threads so that there aren't more than one of the same thing.

It make me like Anakin.

It made me like Maul.

Well, there wasn't really anything to Maul before.

There was fancy lightsabre

youtube.com/watch?v=2ke8xhrkx0s

Nute Gunray is an extremist!

George as the ideas and money man, rather than the director/writer.
Shame this is the last thing actual Star Wars will ever release.

You're from that thread, which explains why you don't see your own autism for it is. Don't blame everything on Sup Forums

It's 100% you faggots.

And Rebels made me hate him.

>Not canon because Disney
>yet it introduced General Grievous
So it is canon???

I generally like both Clone Wars cartoons, but Darth Maul surviving was pretty dumb.

You're thinking of Gendy Wars

Clone-centric stories. The Darkness on Umbara arc and everything Domino Squad are some of my favorites.

In a nutshell, why does Sup Forums hate this show again? It's not as great as the 03 series but it's still a good series, if inconsistent in quality sometimes.

Filoni fucking gets Star Wars. Combine his talents with Daddy Lucas' money and you get some fantastic Star Wars.

I'd say it's better than the 03 series, and it's mostly nostalgia from the 03 series that cause people just to write I off without watching it.

I like it. When it's bad, it's really bad (and usually it's more boring than it is bad, which imo, is arguably worse.) But at the same time, when it's good, I think it's really good. I probably will never watch it beginning to end again, but I definitely revisit certain story arcs.

>Don't blame everything on Sup Forums
There are some faggots who blame everything on Sup Forums, but a good portion of the times Sup Forums is blamed, it's true.

The posting style, the memes, and what-not are all things said in the cancerous Sup Forums threads.

>It's 100% you faggots.
Nope

GenndyWars in the one that isn't canon.

the OP series is canon, its the only thing besides the films that Lucasfilm(not Disney) kept canon. There was also the Darth Maul comic that was based on unused scripts from this show, but thats it.

You're talking about the 2d Clone Wars, we're talking about the 3d The Clone Wars
As for the 2d Clone Wars introducing Grievous, not really. The way you make it sound makes it seem like he originated from that cartoon.It just set up Revenge of the Sith and they included Grievous to hype him up for the movie

This is why your thread is pure cancer. You faggots are so delusional.

>This is why your thread is pure cancer. You faggots are so delusional.
Those aren't exactly concrete, provable things.

And we're not delusional just because we know for a fact that Sup Forums likes to shit up our threads. hell, we know that they take webms from our threads and post them in threads on their board.

What are the chances of Disney making a new show in the Old Republic era based on KOTOR?

You're seriously embarrassing yourself.

0%

Just because I proved you wrong doesn't mean I'm embarrassing myself.

If anything, trying to defend Sup Forums like you are is embarrassing

-500%, especially since Pablo Hidalgo said on his Twitter that they're not even going to consider it unless the get fan demand in the millions.

What happens to Erza since he doesn't show up in the OT?

>What happens to Erza since he doesn't show up in the OT?
We don't know, but just because he isn't in the films doesn't mean he dies by the end of the show. He and the others could easily be in another part of the galaxy with other parts of the Rebellion that we don't see in the films

>Disney for some reason decides to do a KOTOR reboot
>Revan is made a girl for shits and giggles

How triggered are you by this?

How are we supposed to know? The series hasn't ended yet. That'd be a major Rebels spoiler

This. Also, we're still two years away from the events of Rogue 1/ANH.

Somewhat related, but wasn't there a mention of Taris in one of the novels?

People on the good side that died. Yes they may just be mostly nameless clones but it was more believable

Taris is canon as is the mandalorian vs jedi war. Hidalgo picks and chooses what he wants from the tor era.

Yes, and two senators of the planet have appeared. One in Rogue One and one in TFA

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Taris

>star wars wiki

In speaking of SW canon, how bad was the meltdown when Disney announced the EU as non-canon?

We agreed that the CGI one wasn't as cool as Genndy's but it did have a better story arc considering each episode was 30min long and had 5 seasons to air and 6 to fill in the gaps on netflix

I liked Clone Wars more though because it made every threat to the Jedi menacing.

plenty were in support

some were indifferent or waiting to see how canon would develop

a select group threw a shitfit, a small number of them continue to act like children to this day and keep asking for more Legends stuff

>how bad was the meltdown when Disney announced the EU as non-canon?

Disney didn't, Lucasfilm did. Disney had absolutely nothing with the EU being officially labelled as non-canon. Truly, the EU was never canon to begin with because George never cared about it and didn't think it dictated what he wanted to do with his franchise. A lot of people seem to forget or ignore that it was George Lucas who made it official.

>We agreed that the CGI one wasn't as cool as Genndy's
Not really. I thought TCW was cooler.

>I liked Clone Wars more though because it made every threat to the Jedi menacing.
I liked that it portrayed t he Jedi consistently with the films because otherwise Order 66 would've never been a plausible scenario.

George made sure to keep the censors away, and put his own money into it.

Lucas didn't like the EU because he was salty af that it was better than any of his work combined.

Probably won't

+Genndy Tartakovsky
-George Lucas

You do realize that the OP is the better, CGI series made in large part due to Lucas?

introducing ashoka tano was arguably the best thing that came out of this series

Man, the similar titles between the 2d and 3d Clone Wars are confusing some people in this thread.

I thought it was just solid all the way through. It felt nice because it expanded and explored shit, but it was never one gigantic consistent story all the way through. It explored many situations and different things that were happening at the same time.

I enjoyed the storyline of domino squad. I wish it ended better for them all. Even though at the very end fives fucking dies because he learns of order 66 and goes batshit insane and no one takes what he did said seriously.

Nothing

Gendy wars was better

Clone Wars was like Samurai Jack without the artistic restraint that made Samurai Jack God Tier. That is to say, 4 minute HYPE HYPE HYPE action scenes with absolutely no substance.

The idea of Anakin having an apprentice to build up and ultimately lose, setting him up for the overprotective little shit he was in Episode III is absolutely brilliant, and honestly if I were remaking the Prequels she would 100% be in them.

Kinda wish Disney would at least finish the story reels

It make me like oranges

Genndyfag gtfo.

Trips don't lie.

It didn't.

The movie sucked. The show is garbage for 70% of it's episodes, and anything good pales in comparison to Genndy "God of Animation" Tartakovsky.

Is that you, ShitWarsGuy?

Genndy is an overrated hack though.

۞

Season 3 onwards