THOR: RAGNAROK Contains The Funniest Depiction Of Marvel's God Of Thunder

Sigh. Why is Marvel so afraid to make anything other than a comedy?

comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_ragnarok/tom-hiddleston-says-thor-ragnarok-contains-the-funniest-a149118

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JFLKIxvudq4
youtube.com/watch?v=n3TOw6r7ghc
youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jHFhZLJajlc
youtube.com/watch?v=jMv80Q63xAA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They've seen the diminished returns of Grimkino?
I'm going with that.
They are shooting for actually decent critical and audience reviews. And moolah.

Hemsworth was a mistake

oh look another fun hating loser

oh look another company war loser

I too don't understand why they wouldn't abandon their formula of family fun, which earns them critical favor, audience love and untold billions,
When they could earn the respect of the half dozen internet autists (and that includes OP) who want something "different".

But they have a built in audience now and unconditional love from critics, they could at least try to do something a bit more unique…especially given what should be a very dark storyline

Its possible to fun without being a comedy

because it's clearly not what the people who turn out for these movies want

fluffy pg-13 action comedies unsurprisingly have the broadest appeal

like it or not it makes perfect sense

Hey look, it's that "winner" who's entire contribution to threads is some name-calling.

Because they tried to make serious Thor movies and they sucked

>Its possible to fun without being a comedy
No it's not.

If you're having fun, you're smiling and laughing. That is ONLY possible with comedies

Well, there goes my hope of this movie breaking the "Thor Movies are Shit" trend.

more like clone thor was a mistake

what an awful plot line

Thor 1 wasn't "serious". Never seen Thor 2 tho.

and when exactly was that?

Or very bad horror/drama/action/adventure movies

It's official; not only are the threads populated by people who don't read the comics, they now include people who haven't seen the movies, either.

A single serious scene to remind audiences why he is a GOD of thunder will scare them of in the 3rd movie of a character they've seen 4 times already

>assuming someone doesn't read comics because he doesn't follow the movies like a sheep
>Sup Forums tier reaction pic
Try harder, little man.

It was the darkest and most serious MCU movie to date.

Hell it had "Dark" right in the title!

He's not a planet-busting God in the MCU though.
He's an extra dimensional adventurer and noble who loves to fight stuff.

Post what's after this please. Or at the very least tell me the name and number of the comic

Oh I know I'M laughing hard right now, and I haven't even seen the movie yet! This is hilarious!

>Comes in threads to complain about movies he doesn't watch.

They are talking about how hilarious this film will be for more than a year already.

It will end up being the usual Kat Dennings level jokes.

I fear Marvel's refusal to experiment with the movie formula will only hasten the bursting of the capemovie bubble

Oh Lawd, now the "bubble boy" has arrived.

Go watch What we do in the Shadows and The Hunt for Wilderpeople.

>rectifying someone else's claim
>s-stop complaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It seems you're not very good at this, pal.

>Kat Dennings level jokes.
I hope the cast Kat as Whor for phase 4.

Goodfellas is fun as hell at times and that sure as hell isn't a comedy

I bow to your superior shitposting ability.

The reason why Thor 1 and 2 sucked was they were TV Budget fantasy films. Instead of going with wild and big ideas, they kept everything safe and generic. They turned Gods into aliens, with space ships and AA Guns. The realm they named the second film after was just a desolate wasteland. Earth was the primary location of both films.

Being serious was not the problem at all.

>Sup Forums tier reaction pic
jesus christ fuck off

Still is it that hard to have him menace ultron with "we would have words with thee" or get Real mad at Malekith for killing his mom,he doesn't need to blow up a planet to show a little terror

Joe Pesci is darkly humorous for about 5 seconds before being scary again.
It's not fun, it's riveting.

There is no and there has never been a "Marvel Formula"

It's the Disney Formula

He makes tony shit himself

>Being serious was not the problem at all.
They weren't even serious to begin with.

He's not that strong in the MCU.
He's just a moderately strong adventurer who cant fly by his own power and needs a hammer to do the heavy shit.He's pretty strong, but he's not BvS city destroying tier.

>le bubble meme
Did you see how much money Finding Dory and Secret life of pets made? Well, Marvel movies are the equivalent to that.

Apparently Odin and Malekith had spent some time killing each other's friends and families.
I don't think he would personally show up in Asgard and kill on Thor's family if he was capable of being scared by Thor and his hammer. It didn't work on Zod either, as I recall.

Because Hemsworth is really wooden as ordinary boring Thor, but surprisingly good at comedic delivery.
youtube.com/watch?v=JFLKIxvudq4
youtube.com/watch?v=n3TOw6r7ghc
These two videos are the best use of MCU Thor by far.

It's just a wordy version of Thor's confrontation with Tony in the Avengers, where he would have probably killed Tony if Cap hadn't intervened.

It also builds on a fuckton of Stark dickery leading up to this moment.

What do people keep saying this? The humour in those movies is a terrible fit for Thor. The post-credits scene in Doctor Strange was embarrassingly bad.

Bah, he's a hypocritical shit.

If you read comics, that motherfucker straight up conquered the world and allowed the torture and murder of Tony. And that was just an arc or two before he dissapeared in Ragnarok.Oh, and just before he did, Tony and Cap fought with him proving their eternal friendship and he toasted them for being loyal allies.

Civil War made Tony the bad guy, when he was once great friends with Thor.

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Er, actually, Reed and Pym made the Thor clone.
Tony didnt.

But Tony has to pay the piper right?

It doesn't work for comic neckbeards: I'm sure Disney has realised that by now.
It does give the Thor movies higher audience scores than anything in the entire DCEU, and respectable returns at the box office.

They are adding Hulk because he and Thor played off of each other to great effect. (and with Loki).

When they make movies explicitly for the comic neckbeards, like Watchmen and Dredd, they lose money.

It came before the movie and unlike the movie there was none of that "iron man can legitimately push Thor around and benefit from his lightning " BS

Tony was running the show; those two just didn't decide to do it out of boredom.
The buck stopped with Tony.

I'm pretty sure it was retconned as Pym Skrull cloning thor because he's evil, too.

>These two videos are the best use of MCU Thor by far.

Fuck. Right. Off.

Good intern. Have a cent.

You might be joking, but it's kinda the truth.People seem to gravitate more to jokey, fun movies, and chemistry is super fucking important.

I never got the appeal of those videos. MCU Thor is just shit, I don't find him interesting or fun to watch. Loki carried both movies and Avengers.

I both follow the comics AND watch the movies.
And unlike you, I can separate them.
Iron Man was able to dangerously overcharge and Unibeam Thor off him ONCE before getting stomped.
That's hardly a BS interpretation of Iron Man and you know it. Stop being a contrarian crybaby for the catharsis of it, you little bitch.

DCBTFO!

>double trips
Checked.

And kids, don't forget kids. Edgy 16 years old are the reason Deadpool made as much as it did.

To be fair Thor came back from the dead with the stress of rebuilding Asgard and had to deal with a lot of Tonys "lol you need to register or else ps Caps dead " before putting him in his place

Star Wars: Clone Thors

I dare you to watch these trailers and tell me these movies aren't serious.

youtube.com/watch?v=JOddp-nlNvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=jHFhZLJajlc

Reed is Immune To Consequences. They even had the future FF show up to suck his dick about him being the messiah and how Civil War was totally not his fault.

Two cents it is.

It's a Fox movie, it doesn't count.

>money is more important than a good story
Thanks, Jews.

>He's pretty strong, but he's not BvS city destroying tier.
He literally destroyed Sokovia. youtube.com/watch?v=jMv80Q63xAA

Who is asking for the movies to be made for neckbeards? I've never read a Marvel or DC comic in my life. I don't care about portraying Thor as he was in the comics, I don't even know what that is, I just know that what (admittedly little) we've seen of Thor from Taika Waititi so far represents a complete misunderstanding of his character so far in the MCU. Thor is not if not direct, banter is not his thing.

> "lol you need to register or else ps Caps dead "
>DickRiderComesBackToEarth.jpg

in hollywood? no fuckin shit

Oh boy movie trailers those always so the tone of movies accurately right fellas

Deadpool was absurdly Fun.
Ryan was clearly having a blast doing it, they actually made a Colossus that wasn't shit, and it was irreverently, joyfully in love with dicking around with comic and comic movie conventions.
None of my friends are less than twice the age of 16 and they loved it as much as I did.

Have you considered that your ability to analyze movies is shit?

>only REAL fans watch every movie, no matter how bad!
>no casuals allowed!
How autistic do you have to be? It's okay to skip a bad movie if it sucks enough. Why would you waste your time?

Bubble Bass.

>I've never read a Marvel or DC comic in my life

Stopped reading and caring, right there.

>the MCU is getting worse and worse
>the comics are selling like shit, getting cancelled, and being hated by all the fans

REAL fans know there are no bad movies

A unibeam bumping Thor is BS no matter how overcharged it is,MCU Thor is a bad joke

>Have you considered that your ability to analyze movies is shit?
Says the FUCK QUALITY, IT IS FUN user.

>Why would you waste your time?
he asks, as he continues to shitpost in a thread about a movie trilogy he no longer follow.

What difference does it make? I mean obviously I realise it gives you an escape route from the inevitable BTFO, but still.

>dat pic
Xenos, long time no see!

Tony was really bad at selling registration huh

Spending time with you is worthwhile though. Being with you is what makes me truly happy.

It's just entirely possible that people are going to go into a "Thor and Hulk kick the shit out of Asgard" movie for a fun time, and not to be in awe of the latest Kinomatography.

Marvel is probably banking on it.

>the MCU is getting worse and worse

and yet, they are making money to no end. Whit CW which was supposed to be the most serious movie of the MCU and yet it had a quipy parking lot fight, it's obvious Feige is never gonna abandon the Disney Standard Formula they use for every family friendly, safespace movie.

Ladderbro, actually.

I heard that there was an original script written but Marvel scrapped it because it was "too dark."
Stop being pussies MCU.

Have you considered that your ability to analyze posts is shit?

I never said a thing about the movie's quality, my insecure friend. The point was that "true comic fans" neckbeards don't pay for shit, they wouldn't be able to sustain the 500m+ earnings of cape movies so studios try to appeal as many people as possible in order to make profits and in Deadpool's case it was edgy 16 years old and normalfags manchildren like you and your friends.

>yes, my ability to analyze movies is shit, but then again, I'm just a NEET

Same old shit.

>good movies are for neckbeards now

It can't be worse than the second thor movie.

>I never said a thing about the movie's quality
Of course you didn't. You wouldn't recognize quality if it was biting your manboobs.

If you are going to whine at an imagined nemesis rather than make any points, I'd rather it be at the right nemesis, cranky.

Yeah, and they have been for years. Sorry, but that's just how it works. Making a movie that is both good and satisfies normies takes an incredible amount of skill and is very rare.

>no (you)

No one's complaining about fun though.

>Watchmen was good.
Objectively, only comic neckbeards (and a limited number of those) really believe that, as all objective numbers clearly show.

I'm sorry, you're apparently lost and in the wrong thread.
Can I help you find your thread?

>tfw I'm perfectly okay with capeshit being family friendly while also enjoying artistic and experimental films

Has it ever occurred to you guys that maybe you're taking the wrong movies seriously? What is it about superheroes that makes them so deserving of being deep, high art, and not shallow entertainment for children? Is it possible that you guys have simply picked the wrong hill to die on, but are too stubborn to admit it?

No, no, Batman beating up Joker has to have the same artistic integrity of Thin Red Line or it's pure shit.

>he likes shallow entertainment for children