Are you going to watch tonight's history making episode of SNL?

Are you going to watch tonight's history making episode of SNL?

I saw a segment for this on the news

The clip they played was of her saying "I always wanted to meet Beyonce but this year I got to meet Jay-Z so that's almost the same thing" and the audience burst into laughter and applause

What the fuck? That's not even a joke

Leftists have been conditioned to worship beyonce out of all people for some fucking reason.

i would like to see a german host snl. christoph waltz doesnt count

Why can't things just be nice for once? Even "good" things are shoved in your face and you're smacked in the back of the head with it like you should be ashamed forever. Instead of any happy progress in life, these assholes just want to remind you of how terrible you are because it didn't happen sooner.

Girls Trip was shit the only good thing about it were the men. they were hot as fuck

>LET THAT ONE SINK IN
woah
mind literally blown
a black female comedian
well i never

Pls be in Compton

>Saturday Night Live
>that's not funny

Stating the obvious here?

The joke is that black women are so ugly they look like men.

>SNL
>That's Not Funny

Poetry

>(((SNL)))
Why do Jews hate black people?

SNL audiences are hit with a "LAUGH" sign, they're conditioned to laugh and applaud on command.

Legit shocked that there's never been a Wanda Sykes episode

they've had plenty of black female musical guests, probably some hosts too since they qualified it with "comic"
is anyone legitimately upset that Mo'Nique never got to host SNL

She was on the Daily Show/Comedy Central circuit. They don't usually cross pollinate.

I could have sworn Whoopi Goldberg hosted at some point.

she's cute for a black chick

>It's a FIRST Fetish episode...

Nah, I'm good.

Black people are like 13% of America's population and maybe 5% of all comedians. Throw in another 50% for gender and it's a distant statistical unlikelihood for a black female comedian to EXIST let alone have the clout to host SNL.

By your percentages there should have been at least 14 female PoC hosts in the 566 episodes of SNL to date

>What the fuck? That's not even a joke
Hence the headline of the article OP posted explicitly warned about it not being funny
Learn to read user

>having no sense of humor
fucking autist..

Maybe black female comedians just suck, then

That accounting for repeat hosts?

I get it. Beyoncé and Jay-Z are married. Tiffany wanted to meet a person (Beyoncé); however she meet someone so closely involved (i.e. the spouse) with said person it might as well be the person.

Even if the US were like the size of Rhode Island this would be an absurd post.

50% of comedians being female is a gross overestimate, especially historically. it's well within the margin of error, especially since they don't pick only comedians as hosts unlike your assumption
plus it's well known that women aren't funny

Unironically and literally WHO?

Something about including "comic" leads me to believe they've had a black woman host before

Thanks, the joke went over my head.

I've never hosted SNL before either.

Let that one sink in.

Whoopi was on as an actress; the stand-up aspect of her career was long-abandoned at that point.

>SNL
>2017
Nope.

>everyone is equal, regardless of race
>everyone is equal, regardless of sex
>but OH MY GOD FIRST BLACK WOMAN LETS MAKE SURE WE DEFINE HER BY THIS FACT

Every time.

Only a cis black woman? Not progressive at all honestly. Fucking shameful.

So are they now complaining because it finally happens? Are they mad that SNL producers don't have a time machine to fix the issue?

Burn the coal...

I don't subscribe to their social theories at all but I don't see how that breaks any internal logic. They believe that we are not in a societal state that recognizes complete equality, so every step towards that state is a milestone.

It's annoying yeah but makes sense from their perspective

I think the joke was that Beyonce is so ugly she looks like a dude?

I mean I don't agree, I think she's mildly pretty as far as nigresses go. Her music is utter shit though.

Except a comedian isn't the host every time dumb fuck.

>celebrating an achievement in diversity means you don't believe in equality anymore
Grasping at straws already?

100 bucks says she will suck and can't read the cue cards like leslie jones

This show has been on for over 40 years. In that time there has been plenty of worthy black female comedians that could have hosted the show.

reeee go back to pole alt-tard!

spam her twitter feed with "what about leslie jones"

Let it sink in and now I care even less.

Because it defeats the purpose.

It's like talking about how much of a feminist you are, and then to prove how much of a feminist you are celebrating that a woman did something men do all the time as if it were some huge amazing feat deal that you're so impressed by, as if it's utterly shocking to you that a woman was capable of doing the same thing the men do, completely spitting in the face of your idea that men and women are equal.

This just seems like you’re splitting hairs

the joke is she's being sarcastic, it's not the same thing even though Jay-Z is also a big star, that's how big of a deal it is to meet Beyoncé. yaas queen basically

>Because it defeats the purpose
How? You have to explain your thought process before moving on to hypothetical scenarios.

Plenty of black women have been featured on SNL, they've just never hosted. This includes Leslie Jones.

Who is this dirty nigger? I’ve literally never heard of her. WNBA player?

Thats such a bullshit technicality.

Snl is always never funny so we're used to it

They consider themselves at point A, and have an ideal point B they'd like to reach
Every time they feel that some ground have been covered, they celebrate
Again, not seeing how it defeats the purpose

That's totally splitting hairs. Screw this announcement.

He did, read the post dumb dumb

It's kind of more like they think equality of outcome is true equality, making them look like fools.

>(((Haddish)))
>"Black"

What?

WOOOO YAASSSS SLAAAY

>There hasn't been a trans Mongolian singer to host SNL. Let that sink in.

eritrea

Queen Latifah must be wondering what's up with this, because I know for a fact that she hosted SNL at least once. I guess she isn't a "black female comedian" because she'd released a couple albums before she started acting in sitcoms and playing roles in comedies and doing stand-up.

>highly convoluted example of some feminist celebrating men's achievements
>this makes her a hypocrite
Worst part about your utterly insane thought process? If she stayed on her lane and only cared about "true" diversity you'd complain that she doesn't give a fuck about fellow black people.

You see, she must one of them real Jewish niggas, not the fake zionist scum.

>Plenty of black women have been featured on SNL, they've just never hosted.

Keyword is comedian

kek
funnier than her entire routine probably

Eritrea Jews look like this.

Token award! HEY HEY!!!! Congratulations! You are black!

She's going to win so many BET awards!

Jesus christ, why not just be happy for her that she got to host it? I thought she did a pretty good job at it. Why do these people gotta shit on it instead of just being happy for her?

>Makes throat singing noises

Literally not a comedian. Split hairs so you can award a first

>"I always wanted to meet Beyonce but this year I got to meet Jay-Z so that's almost the same thing"
>the audience burst into laughter and applause

But when i make a joke about all black people looking the same i get booed and insulted.
Fucking unfair

Queen Latifah was a hip hop artist turned actress, faggot.

Let it sink in how bad female black comedians are that they never got invited to host SNL

I get your point, and not to play devil's advocate, but black female comedians are way more common than trans mongolian singers, and I'm actually surprised that none have ever hosted SNL.

That being said, I don't think it's some sort of injustice that's been rectified or other such horseshit, it's just a surprising bit of trivia.

obviously not all, unless you think she was adopted.

Because that's a shitty ass joke that's not even remotely true.

Now Asians, they all look the same.

>*limits the scope of mainstream entertainment by deliberately ignoring whatever is weird or unusual*
Someone's gotta keep feeding the capeshit machine, I guess.

You BET your ass she is!

i'm the first person with my exact genetic makeup to do every single thing i have done in my life. i should be a god damned national hero.

Yeah and straight white males are way more common in America than black female comedians so it should make sense they're the main hosts of SNL eh?

Because of the racial aspect of it, which is racist by itself, being shoved down our throats!

Is that really true? That's fucking crazy man...What Whoopi never hosted? Mo'Nique? Wanda Sykes? Tracee Ellis Ross? Maya Rudolph never came back to host it? Really? She's the first one? That's fucking weird.

can't wait for

First black women athlete to host snl
First black women author to host snl
First black women director to host snl
First black women politician to host snl

When need all the firsts

>celebrate a woman's achievement
>shit on it
Why are non-whites unable to understand simple human emotions?

I think they're just splitting hairs. In between having Whoopi Goldberg, Queen Latifah, and Maya Rudolph as hosts, you'd think by their powers combined you could call it.

Or does Maya Rudolph not count because she started out in the Groundlings?

There's been 12 black women hosts for SNL.
Maya Rudolph- Hosted in 2012, had a 7 year stint as a cast member previously.
Gabourey Sidibe- Hosted in 2010, thanks to Precious
Cicely Tyson- Hosted in 1979
Oprah Winfrey - 1986
Queen Latifah- 2003 and 2008
Taraji P. Henson- 2015
Halle Berry
Janey Jackson
Rosaio Dawson
Kerry Washington
Octavia Spencer
That's just the nigresses, not including spics or asians.
>she's not even the first black comedianne this decade

>Maya Rudolph never came back to host it?

She did

Wow I'm letting it sink in and its really making me think

>I think they're just splitting hairs
>while he grasps at straws to feel offended on behalf of Maya Rudolph

>That's Not Funny
Yeah, I kinda assumed that were the case.

Wait, then why doesn't she count?

so she isn't black or a comedian?

I'm sure she's gonna file a formal complaint against the show now that you're involved, user.

OMG, it's another Underground Railroad.

How terrible.

>deflection

Try harder