Season 2 was a masterpiece

season 2 was a masterpiece

The dai li might have been the best part...aside from toph being toph

Easily the best of the three.

rip in peperoni mako

season 2 of jimmy neutron WAS pretty great

I will agree that it is better, but there are many parts I don't like, like the tunnel episode and anything about just after Appa got taken.

>Not liking the desert.

ZUKO YOU FUCKING HOMO

>zuko alone.
I feel like everyone has at least one episode of season 2. I'm actually marathoning right now. On the Chase

not really. It only had like a good serie of 8 episodes that people keep remembering as "the whole season"

Are you saying you didn't like Zuko Alone? If so, that'd better be bait.

Not really a fan of flashback episodes in this series, with the exception of the avatar and the fire Lord, sorry if I triggered you

Fair enough. You're the first person I've encountered that didn't like that episode. It's easily in my top 5 personally.

>all those comfy episodes
>Toph joins the party
>Azula everywhere
>Dai Li agents
Book 2 is easily my favorite Avatar season.

Were talkback threads really a thing on Sup Forums in 2006? I'm curious if there was a board-wide weeping session after A Tale of Iroh.

I thought everything from Blind Bandit onwards was great, with the exception of Serpent's pass which was just 'okay.'

Yeah, it's also the only time an Avatar season had an actually good ending aside from Korra S3.

OFFICIAL BOOK TIER LIST:

GOD TIER:

Earth

TERRIFIC TIER:

Fire

Change

GREAT TIER:

Water

Balance

MOSTLY GOOD TIER:

Air

WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING TIER:

Spirits

GOD TIER:
Earth

GOOD TIER:
Fire
Water

ALRIGHT TIER:
Change

MOSTLY BAD TIER:
Air
Balance

ABSOLUTE SHIT TIER:
Spirits

>God Tier
Earth

>Great Tier
Change
Fire

>Good Tier
Air
Balance

>Inconsistent but decent at times Tier
Water
Spirits

I don't recall them, but it still happens a decade later and that says something.

There was never a time when there were not like 10 Avatar threads active on this board, at least 10. Back when it was airing Avatar dominated this board. Cancerous generalfag culture had not yet started, there wasn't any such thing as unified discussion for a topic. When a new episode aired the board exploded with threads about it. Sup Forums in 2006 was basically Avatar & Cape Comics: the board.

GOD TIER:

Earth

FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC TIER:

Fire

Beginnings (so that I don't have to bump it down or bump Spirits up)

GREAT TIER:

Change

Water

PRETTY GOOD TIER:

Air

Balance

SHIT TIER:

Spirits

Fire was better and comfier and epicer

>Change
>anything above mediocre
>Balance
>anything but shit tier

Great episode. Especially Aang going nuts at the end.

GOD TIER
>Earth, Wan episodes

GREAT TIER
>Fire, Water, Change

GOOD TIER
>Air, Balance

WHAT THE FUCK IS EVERYONE'S PROBLEM, IT'S ACTUALLY OKAY TIER
>Spirits

>IT'S ACTUALLY OKAY
No it's not

Spirits is actually terrible. I liked Varrick, but that's about it. Beginnings is shit too.

The Wan episodes are fucking dreadful, but it's from Korra, so I'm not surprised.

Fire was a bad return to village of the week episodes instead of handling perfectly plot and characters like Earth did.

>Beginnings is shit too.
>The Wan episodes are fucking dreadful

(You)

Don't reply, do we really need another "THEY RAPED THE LORE THAT ONLY EXISTED IN MY HEADCANON" thread?

Sorry not everyone shares your opinion.

I was shocked at how good season 2 was compared to the stuff we got in season 1
I never realized how rough of a start season 1 had with some of it's worst episodes such as the great divide

They did fundamentally change the spirit world, but whatever. We've done this dance before.

village of the week is lore building, shut up before i hunt you down like the firebenders did to the air nomads

>village of the week is lore building
Then the Pokemon anime must have the greatest lore history.

Truth. Sup Forums was yo Avatar as Sup Forums was to Lost back then. Though I don't think Sup Forums went so far as changing the name of the board.

Book 2 > Book 6 > Book 3 > Book 4 > Book 1 >>> Book 5 > Book 7

>Balance
>Great

Ya blew it. It's as bad as Spirits.
I actually agree with everything else.

People only jumped to suck Wan's dick because Korra was being a bitch and people were tired of her bitching.

It's a meme flashback that has nice art direction but it's honestly kind of a stupid origin story, and Wan is a bigger fuckup than Korra.

All of the Avatars are fuckups m8

Earth Avatar was pretty based though

Yangchen's a badass.

You mean the one that allowed a dictator to wage war and conquer an entire continent and when he came knocking on her doorstep all she did was grab Kyoshi Peninsula and push it somewhere else?

What's wrong with unifying a continent? The fire nation is also under one ruler, and the only reason the air and water tribes aren't are because of enormous geographical distance.

To be fair, the Pokemon anime is barely more than a 20+ year long commercial for the games.

Well she did murder Chin to death in the end, and his empire fell apart soon afterward.
Besides that, the Earth King at the time was apparently a failure of a leader, so the rebellions were for a just cause.
Her only "failure" was the Dai-Li, but that was beyond her control. Those guys were only corrupt for a short period of time anyway.

>Well she did murder Chin to death in the end, and his empire fell apart soon afterward.
She didn't, he killed himself. She is responsible for manslaughter at worst.

She made no effort to save him from falling into water when she's a known waterbender.
Also she herself has said that she killed him and takes full responsibility.

That's manslaughter. No matter what Kyoshi says.

If you're on a bridge, and I break that bridge, and you fall to your death, that's murder.
Especially if before that I magically send wind at you that's powerful enough to move an isle.

He broke his own bridge.

He was standing behind one side of the bridge while the land around it was collapsing and Kyoshi was breaking the bridge for a purpose other than murder.

Lake Laogai was its peak

Nah, it peaked with The Guru/Crossroads. I loved Iroh's speech to Zuko in Laogai though.

Korra was complete garbage. I mean maybe it got better in season 3 but by the end of season 2 I just accepted that the entire series was forever ruined. It's probably better to just pretend The Legend of Korra never happened.

"Korra is the worst thing ever" is my favorite Sup Forums meme.

I really wish it were just a meme. People who like Korra have this weird assumption that people who don't, enjoy hating on it. Not true. I was more hyped for Korra than anyone. I wanted it to be good so bad. The sad truth is that it wasn't. It's not as awful as some people will claim, but it was still REALLY bad.

Crossroads of Destiny was atrocious

That could be said for nearly the entire series.

She broke it with earth bending though, didn't she?

See, that's why people say you're memeing. In reality it wasn't bad, maybe you do have your own reasons for not liking it, but if your argument is anything like what most Sup Forumsntrarians fall back on (ruining continuity, pulling lesbian out at the end, dark avatar) then that reasoning has never held up since the beginning, and that's why it's just meme.

You're a lost cause. There's no use explaining anything to you if you call anyone who disagrees a meme.

Korra haters have been BTFO with their reasoning since day one. It's usually just muh nostalgia and muh headcanon ruined for whatever silly reasons. The only truly legit complaint against Korra is the love triangle and that was five episodes at most.

Avatar was pretty meh and lacked proper direction you look at it objectivly.

did we ever find out what happened to Jet's gang?

killed and eaten by octopuss otters

>dark avatar
I'm pretty sure the majority of people thought that was stupid. At least from the people I've talked to. I can't believe you'd even defend that as a good idea.

>putting that noncanon garbage korrashit with mainline avatar