Are these shows comparable?

Are these shows comparable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_lWAkOo0uvk
youtube.com/watch?v=BQv16Q0doRY
youtube.com/watch?v=YuVeIZLrve8&t=48s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Extremely so. In fact, given how many elements they share, comparing them is probably an extremely fruitful exercise given one is terrible and one is fantastic yet they're so similar.

I remember watching Dave the Barbarian a lot, but for some reason I forgot that the main characters were siblings

Yeah, they're both bad

Unlike Dave though, Mighty Magiswords never seems to slow down with its pacing.

What's bad about Dave the barbarian?

I don't remember much about Dave, but I remember enjoying it quite a bit.

Mighty Magiswords has a lot of potential I feel, but it's absolutely killed by it's absurdly face pacing.

Dave is just a parody of a fantasy world. You can get everything you need to on a surface level. Even the character designs tell you everything without explanation.

Magiswords is trying to have this collect-'em-all concept while also being a fantasy world parody. It's kind of a confusing mix, because the idea of collecting swords with different powers sounds like it could be a fun "Xiaolin Showdown"-esque kind of show. I feel like it should have just stuck to being a video game fantasy parody world ale: Mario World 3, but maybe they got notes back from the network that the premise of that was too similar to Adventure Time, so Kyle reworked it. You also can't tell the main leads personalities just by looking at them outside of "Happy".

Both have fast pacing, but Magi literally cannot slow down to let a punchline hit.

Not really. Magiswords is a slobbering mess that wastes all potential, while Dave the Barbarian was a well structured series that was much funnier than it had any right to be.

The complete shattering of the 4th wall was one of the best things about DtB

>Meanwhile our heroes are desperately waiting for their story to begin!
>"COME ON, WE ARE TWO MINUTES IN ALREADY!"

>BECAUSE I NOW CONTROL THE STORYTELLER GUY

great episode great get
> in this weeks episode chuckles gets beaten like a cheap drum!

>WITH AN AMAZING SPACE BLAST OF SPACE ENERGY THE EVIL SPACE LORD'S SPACE SHIP IS SPACE DESTROYED! -Space...

The narrator really was the best part

That one on the top is a ripoff of Slayers(anime)
If you point out any similarities to the creator he gets triggered af

>FIIIINNE! MAKE THE NARRATOR LOOK LIKE A FOOL! WHO CARES!???

That reminds me.

youtube.com/watch?v=_lWAkOo0uvk

The clown narrator that appears at 16:23, whose voice is that? I remember hearing it in some other cartoons, but I can't remember which ones, or the actor's name.

The top is reddit tumblr sjw scum abominations. Dave the barbarian still have sincerity and joy of peak cartoons entertainment

Why are they so shameless? Acknowledging it as a homage is good enough for the jap.

They're nothing alike.

Dave was actually pretty funny at times, MMS is cringe inducing lame.

Remember the time Chuckles held the narrator hostage and briefly took over the show and he redid the theme song

Original theme: youtube.com/watch?v=BQv16Q0doRY

Chuckles' theme (only at the first part of the video and with delayed audio for some reason)
youtube.com/watch?v=YuVeIZLrve8&t=48s

>i've got dozens of ingrown toenails
>people only have ten toes
>maybe if you're a girl

>magic swords just random items with hilt and pointy end
Creativity is dead

Nigga that's Frank Welker.

Fuck you user

>that one time Dave create a megaphone using only a squirrel, a piece of string and a megaphone

"Dave" was an homage to the Jay Ward style of absurd comedy (think classic Bullwinkle and Mr. Peabody). Complete with interactive narrator, it lets the audience know it's in on the joke along with them, and isn't ashamed to pour on the corn to get laughs. Hidden behind this is clever writing that elevates it above its peers.

"Magiswords" is just a throw-it-all-against-the-wall style gag cartoon that has barely a fraction of the clever writing that "Dave" had. No comparison.