Even if Whedon came in to write in a couple of quips...

Even if Whedon came in to write in a couple of quips, why didn't they keep the same DP to keep visual consistency at least? This shit is baffling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u9_Urd74GUA
youtube.com/watch?v=ssbOzbL1SJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JIMp1MbmYPs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Whos that guy that replaced affleck for the reshoots?

god I genuinely 100% NEED DC to go under with this movie. bombs to such a degree, that they literally tweet out "@Disney @Marvelstudios you want to buy some rights?"

sneed

It's what they get for trying to copy a piece of shit like the marvel movies

Is it just me or does Affleck lookst like Musk?

why is Joss allowed to direct?? his writing is FINE for what it is (awful) but he literally can't direct

Too bad

>Disney buys Fox in 2018
>Avengers 4 Avengers vs X-Men in 2020
>Disney buy WB in 2025
>Avengers 8 Avengers Vs JL in 2027
this is the future you chose

whedon is a marvel spy and is trying to sabotage justice league

I didn't follow JL. Can someone sum up for me what goes wrong (inb4 everything). Is it Suicide Squad all over again with them reshooting whole movie to get lighter tone?

why did they rerecord the scenes?

Why did they replace Ben Affleck with the Michelin Man?

Too dark. Whedon knows how to light a scene, it involves actually using lights.

Are you sure those are reshoots and not the result of different color grading and post production?

The aquachad and bruce reshoots are on greenscreen, it's so blatant. I can only hope they are making passes on that shit before release.
I say hope I don't really care actually.

>Whedon knows how to light a scene

For fun.

In all honesty comparing their quality as film makers is pretty fallacious.

Snyder is objectively better at visuals. But I wouldn't say that makes him an objectively better film maker. I'd sooner compare the quality of their best material and see how well they play out narratively. Snyder might have more integrity and artistic pretenses, but self-aware pop-flicks can be strong from a number of angles when done right.

That's why oscar bait is infinitely inferior to something like Die Hard. Because Die Hard is fucking pitch-perfect action movie, it needs no pretenses to art or poignancy.

Snyder ordered all these reshoots months before Whedon was even announced.

It's LIGHTing, not SHADOWing. Snyder is too reliant on using darkness to hide his mistakes, it takes no effort to shine a light over an entire face and yet he can't even do that.

>the original shoot didn't capture a wide master or a panning shot of the water Aquaman is in
>they rewrite the scene to give him a quip exit
>because the frame is locked, instead of CGI-ing a better shot, he just throws himself backward out of shot into three feet high water

absolute traincrash

Nah. Notice how Ben Affleck is good looking in the left and a bloated alcoholic fatso in the right.

*Breathes in*

Whedon doesn't even know how to frame shit, much less how lightning works.

To take away any tension or suspense, people hate that

there we go

This

The digital zoom to try and make it badass is cringe, but his little head flip to the side makes it worse

Snyder's daughter killed herself so he left the movie; Warner brought in Whedon (who was on contract to direct a Batgirl film I believe) to finish it. A lot of reshoots that balooned up the budget to 300 million dollars (without marketing) for scenes that look like an ugly TV sitcom (also in one year during reshoots Ben Affleck got fatter, had issues with botox and alcool so his face's really different) and really jarring transitions between the two different styles. Just so Whedon could make the tone lighter and slip in more quips.

Yeah but he bloated midway through production. Didn't he go into rehab like right after principal photography ended?

Someone post the user edit that just kept the Snyder material in.

I really hope you are baiting. I don't want to believe someone with taste this bad actually exists.

>hides aquaman's masculinity
>turns batman into a numale

Why is Whedon such an emasculating cuck?

His bloat is one thing, but they couldn't even be bothered to make sure he had the same hairline and beard.

Here's an user edit where he just kept the scenes Snyder shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=u9_Urd74GUA

Will someone make a Kino edit of the full movie? I hope so

Here's the full scene with the Whedon reshoot for comparison:

youtube.com/watch?v=ssbOzbL1SJQ

>That dialogue.
>"MUH GLOBALWARMING. WE HAD IT COMING?"
>"I don't mind if the ocean dies" says fucking Aquaman
>What if it boils?
>Quip that is completely unrelated to that ominous question

Whedon doesn't know how to fra-

im still wainting for someone to fix my only problem with man of steel

>"I don't mind if the ocean dies" says fucking Aquaman
>What if it boils?

Unh... isn't that the same thing, though? If the ocean dies there's no ocean. If the ocean boils there's also no fucking ocean.

Actually what are you supposed to do when the A-list star of your film shows up for reshoots suddenly looking like a bloated wino you found off skid row?

This reminds me of the Lorax. You know, in the original movie based on the actual book in like 1972, you've got the Onceler telling the kid the story, and at the end there's the stone there, and the whole sentiment is "unless someone like you cares an awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not", as the Lorax flies away over the hills, leaving the Onceler in the midst of his own self-built ruin. You're left with this kind of hollow feeling, the world of the story at its end is still in disarray, and it's supposed to mirror the real world, so you really feel like there is something wrong, and that the responsibility is on you, personally, to do something about it. It's objectively a childrens' story, but it has a heavy moral and it doesn't flinch away from telling it. Then fast forward to like 2015 I think, you've got the remake with Zac Efron,I actually like it a lot, it's got some catchy tunes, and it does to a certain extent achieve its goal of illustrating some of the evils of unrestrained consumerism. But then at the end, instead of fulfilling its job and leaving the ending open to push responsibility for resolution onto the viewer, there's a wacky car chase, and the day is saved, and everything's fine. You're not left with any real sense that any of it mattered, there's no sense of a duty being thrust upon you, the movie gives you a nice sense of resolution like any other story to make you contented.

I mean I guess you can contrast that the original book/movie was just a crappy little cartoon, it didn't need to sell millions of tickets worldwide to break even like its modern counterpart, which is so much more dependent on mass appeal. But I really do feel like audiences are being let off the hook, most movies are too afraid to alienate audiences by pushing uncomfortable thoughts or emotions onto them that they just go for the safe thing. Like there's so few movies that feel like they were made for a purpose any more.

Fuck, I can almost hear the studio echo.

Is Hawkeye juggling his arrows for shit and giggles there?

They didn't even bother getting Ben a wig that matched in the reshoot

Hide it with make up and CGI, but they Whedon couldn't do proper figurine work to keep the clothes and wig right.

He says ocean rises not ocean dies.
Still a lame line but it makes more sense.

>"I don't mind if the ocean dies"

I'm pretty sure it's "I don't mind if the oceans rise" because that makes sense in ocntext of melting icecaps and he's aquaman

Why cant Whedon do tone

The close-up shots of him and splashing backwards were actually greenscreen reshoots.

2012 u mean.
its been 5 years already.

DAMN, Wonder Woman looks like THAT?

>Budget: $300 million

Did she have some of what Ben was having?

I'm referring to the booze and roid cycles.

>edits MoS to look darker
>"restored color" looks 10x worse

Fuck that guy

she was pregnant during reshoots

People don't like to feel uncomfortable, specially with movies, because of politics or some such.

The main criticism against the previous movies were because they were too different, too serious, too depressing, too offensive.
Now you've Wonder Woman that had its third arc changed to be more optimistic being a huge success and the early buzz about Justice League being favorable all because it is funny.

They don't care much about acting, cinematography or CGI. The technical aspect doesn't matter. It's all about how you make them feel and if that feeling isn't good or doesn't align with their world view... then tough luck finding any success.

Oh no no no
Wait til you see the-
*Inhales*

it looks like shit
but i need to watch it like this atleast once
youtube.com/watch?v=JIMp1MbmYPs

No that doesn't make sense retard. That's not the fucking context. Bruce mentions the global warm shit in a condescending tone, asking aquaman if he is just pissed at humans for the cliché reason and that's why he refuses to help. Aquaman says not at all. He doesn't mind if they fuck up the ocean nor whatever threat batman is baiting him to face.

i've seen the reactions of the critics and they said the cgi to remove cavil's mustache is obvious

looking at the terrible cgi already i think it'll be laughable when we see his face

You're really gonna say this shot doesn't make you feel any sense of awe or emotion?

No he clearly doesn't

avengers cap looks so out of place

I'm just gonna say this now, even if the movie turns out to not be a disaster, the CGI is gonna be prime shitposting material. I have not seen a single shot from all the screenshots and webs posted here where the CG doesn't look bad

Pregnancy, morning sickness, nobody giving a fuck to actually touch it up.

See, the thing that pisses me off about Whedon is that it'd take very few things to make most of his scenes look good.

cool PS1 game

The Superman scenes seems to be really jarring, as if they don't fit tonally with the rest of the movie. It's not just the mustache thing, it seems. I think Whedon fucked the set up.

Bruce specifically mentions the ice caps melting. What happens if the ice caps melt? The oceans rise. Aquaman wouldn't care if the oceans rise because that just means more ocean. He's telling Bruce he doesn't care about his fight because ultimately it won't affect him. Why would Aquaman say he doesn't care if the ocean dies? It makes no sense whatsoever. That's his whole deal. The point of the scene isn't to paint Aquaman as some edgy nihilist, completely at odds with everything else about his character, the point is to illustrate how Aquaman concerns himself with Atlantis and everything under the sea and doesn't give a fuck about things on land, which has always been a major part of his character.

And that's why it's used as the laughingstock PSAs for Spidey Homecoming, because it's just so ridiculous especially compared to the other Cap costumes.

Good post user

See Marvel knows how to make fun of itself. They knew the Thor movies weren't working so they reshaped it into self-parody. Whedon wrote a reshoot scene were Batman and Aquaman bond over their dads being named Thomas.

Superman's scenes are pretty much all Whedon-style; didn't spot any Snyder-vibe ones during my screening.

And yes, the CGI de-mustache is really distracting. It looks like somebody just slapped on a chunk of flesh tone without flesh texture over the mustache and called it a day.

The Marvel movies always treat everything as if it is a big joke. They always this self-aware/self-parody flair, which just sucks.

Ahh, so this is why I fucking despise Marvel films

Casey Affleck

Don't know if DC or WBis more to blame for this crap

What redit thread did you read that from?

>wheres my booze
>i wanna snooze
>mamoas judging me aint he

>Snyder's daughter killed herself so he left the movie
Try and use that as an excuse if you work at the office or any other real job. They might give you like 1 day off.

This fucker had the responsibility of a hundeds thousand dollar movie and fled.

Faggot.

>THE FATMAN
Goddamit Ben stop fucking drinking.

Best part is, they had to cut the suit up and expand it to fit his enlarged physique.

Actually, it seems that Mamoa made Affleck drink heavily during the production of the movie. There are several pics of them drunk.

What coleco vision game is this?

Both, because Johns and Whedon were a big influence to some of the stupid changes. You'll recognize a lot of stupid shit from John's shitty run on the Justice League book during the viewing of this movie.

>MARVEL MAKES SHIT MOIVES I SWAWR IT!!!!!

fuck this film my dudes eeeeeeeeeeeeggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

I feel bad for snyder i honestly do, watchmen is my second favorite capeshit behind only raimiman, i really wonder if he was going for a watchmen treatment on dc but got spoiled because executives decided to listen to critics who most of the time are on disney payroll.

Fucking shit they were doomed even if it was good.

>Rotten Tomatoes

Though Whedon is a better director than Snyder, why did they think it was a good idea to take a high-profile director with a completely different style and approach and have him direct reshoots? If they couldn't get Snyder back, why not: A) get some no name guy with a similar style, or B) not reshoot at all? I'm trying to wrap my mind around this idiocy. Can you imagine how much money WB used to gather all of the actors again, pay Whedon to do the reshoots, rebuild some sets, create more CG filler, and bring aboard the makeup and costume crews again? Just for a few minutes of new material?

Did you forget about deadlines?

>Dammit Mamoa, you shouldn't have made me drink last night!

>Can't save the world on an empty stomach

You actually get rights when you have a valuable set of skills, NEETfag

>dude green tint vs blue tint

they both look like shit desu

>ALL IN
>my frickin belly