Why was Ruby such a sperglord?

If you go back to season 1, and even up till like the start of Season 3 Ruby was a complete and utter sperglord.

Like when she got pulled in for questioning by Glynda and Ruby just reveals her powerlevel talking about how much she loves fighting and how much she wants to go to Beacon.

Or when she sees all the students at Beacon and is like "Omg look at all the weapons"

Like holy shit how can she be this autistic. Everyone has fucking weapons in this world, it's not like your scythe is the only one. (Admittedly a cool one) But still it doesn't seem to make sense.

Or when she's walking along Jaune for the first time, who is a little autistic himself and she just whips out her scythe and is just like,

"Well I don't have anything to talk about so here's my fucking scythe dawg isn't it cool?"

It was completely out of nowhere, and it baffles me how Ruby could be this socially retarded.

THEY SEE YOU AS SMALL AND HELPLESS

THEY SEE YOU AS JUST A CHILD

SURPRISE WHEN THEY FIND OUT THAT A WARRIOR WILL SOON RUN WILD

PREPARE FOR YOUR GREATEST MOMENTS

PREPARE FOR YOUR FINEST HOUR

THE DREAM THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DREAMED IS SUDDENLY ABOUT TO FLOWER

Because she pretty much only has that and the fact that she's cute going for her.

Her personality tends to swing between autistic and non-existent, and it's not until season 4 that she even gets any real lines that show a side beyond the autism. Did you know that if she didn't have that extended monologue at the end, most side characters would have more dialogue than she does?

She's just not a particularly interesting character, even by RWBY standards where most of the cast is fairly vaporous. At least the other three have a tangible backstory and character arc. Hell, Juane probably has the most development. Even Nora has a less nebulous arc, and she's basically just an extra who was liked enough to gain protagonist status.

Don't get me wrong. I think RWBY shoots itself in the foot accurately and often, and I could level a lot of criticism at it, but I just don't have the heart to do that most of the time because it's a quirky auteur project that clearly has a lot of love put into it by people who basically have no idea what they're doing, but when the major figurehead of your entire franchise is one of the least interesting characters, there's a problem.

She's just a /k/ommando, user. Don't bully.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this bonermancer needs more screentime?

Or maybe some more screentime with this bonermancer?

I want her to be my Mommy.

Only if you're into violent amputation.

Too soon. ;-;

I really hope she comes back in the next season.. She would have been a good daughteru.

Ruby is really really cute.

Remember kids, being cute doesn't excuse a lack of personality.

Unless you're trying to appeal to neckbeards, in which case it's actually a point in your favour.

What about Blake?

Would you get nakey with Blakey?

Alright who's your RWBY™ Waifu?

She didn't stop being a sperglord she just stops talking.

Volume 4 before her monologue all she does is make fun of Jaune and question why her uncle didn't tell a sixteen year old about a secret organization.

This point is accurate.

Can we come back now

Yes.

I like Penny Polendina

Ruby is kinda interesting, she at least isn't boring. I don't think any of the characters so far have been boring.

I'm obsessed with Rwby. It's a strange addiction and I don't want to stop.

Tell me about Jaune's sword.
Why did it throw shoot some wind when he swung it?

She's the first member of the Illuminozi we meet, and then proceeds to have the least relevance to the plot.

Like, she doesn't even have any development like Ozpin, Qrow, and Ironwood do. She just gets left in the dust as Beacon's janitor when we reach Volume 4.

Glynda is for Ironwood

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things just doesn't belong.

Bump

Ironwood is a punk bitch

Glynnda will never ever show up again b/c the VA had a fight with RT.

Accurate representation of the quality drop from Vol. 3 to Vol. 4

I will never not be astounded how a show can increase so greatly in visual quality (though V3 looked good for the most part), and yet somehow make the writing even shittier

Anime way to say he swung it pretty hard, don't be surprised when he starts cutting shit with just air pressure.

I haven't been here for a couple of weeks, but the Generals are dead right? At least until the hiatus ends or RWBY Chibi Vol 2 comes out?

You guys cant be here.

You were banished.

I don't watch the show and just came into the thread out of boredom while waiting for a download to finish. Could you elaborate?

A loss of imagination? I mean, this should have been the season where the fight scenes finally reached the level Monty dreamed of and yet they were the most boring fights in the show's history

The threads probably won't be back for Chibi.

Because Sup Forums mods are stupid They said we could have rwby threads no general though

No, she's not interesting at all user, you're lying to yourself.

In terms of depth:screentime, she's one of the lowest rated characters. Neptune has more personality than she does.

The entire season was filler. It was literally just an excuse to move the scenery around and provide a little time to have the side-story character development sections that Weiss, Blake and Yang got.

Ruby and Co. effectively got put on a boat for the entire thing and they had to be included for audience reasons, but it was clear that everything they did was token filler.

There's a lot wrong with that, but if I'm correct then hopefully S5 will be better. If it's not, rip the entire franchise.

definetly NOT blake, because she's the worst female character, so nora or pyrrha

Weiss, Yang and Blake's story arcs were all awful though. The only memorable parts of the season were Ren and Nora backstory and development.

I'm just explaining it, I never said it was actually good.

The animation is getting better but the writing is a lot worse, I'm hoping they can salvage it.

Weiss' story in particular was fucking egregious

That should been one episode and ended with her summoning the knight

>Okay she's gonna break out now right
>Nope
>She's gonna break out NOW, right?
>No
>...Now?
>Sure, but also fuck you, season over

Yep.

The entire season was stretched super-thin. Very little actually happened, and it just fucking finished after the potentially interesting resolutory stuff had been set up in the most tortured fashion possible. It's like 'Okay, here's where things get inter- Whoops, guess we're out of episodes!'

And then they have Ruby deliver a pointless monologue about nothing in particular after a pointless season of nothing in particular, just to give her enough lines that she still qualifies as the protagonist. Nice one.

Weiss' storyline basically did one thing for me, and one thing alone.

It solidified the theory that 3 volumes will equal 1 arc now, with each arc revolving around a school/Kingdom. The fact that Miles and Kerry refused to even show a hint of the city of Atlas is proof of this.

1-3 was Beacon. 4-6 will be Haven. 7-9 will be Atlas. 10-12 will be Shade. Monty did say he had about 9-10 volumes actually planned anyway

Sword-Sword is best weapon, right up there with Ironwood's Gun-Gun.

Boring design in a show that sells itself on unique and interesting designs.

Maybe he'll put dust on it and turn it into a fire or lightning sword.

MANTLE DID NOTHING WRONG

I only watched up to ep 5 of this season should i finish it?

why the fuck not?

You do realize pretty much the only three interesting weapon designs are Milo, Crescent Rose, and Magnhild, right? Everything else is pretty standard.

Might as well, just don't expect a lot

Standard is still better than Juanesword 2.0

Ironwood's gun-gun apparently isn't a gun-gun. According to Kerry, we haven't seen what the second trigger does yet. I'm betting it's probably a gun-sword somehow.

Qrow's weapon is pretty good

Go away, self-insertfag

I love the Rubooty.

Sun Gun-Cucks say your wrong

And we will never see the gun-chucks in action ever again because the skill to animate them died with Monty.

Torchwick was cool

Me too

I love the Bellabooty

She doesn't have cat ears, she just has a little black bow..

Bump

Will she return lads?

I hope so, I miss Penny.

She was too good and pure for this show.

I hope not. She was useless and only added to a bloated cast.

What is /rwbyg/ doing out of the /trash/?

Yeah, the show seems to be going in darker direction.

>Ywn protect your Penny Daughteru

Why live?

I want her to force me to eat her faunus pussy in front of the entire cast.

this one

>Muh charts

>butthurt by evidence
liberals everyone

To paraphrase your "argument"
"Hey two rocks look the same, therefore they must be the same rock."

How basic can you be?

>the guy who reused his own older animations for some fights in his FF8/fairy tales crossover fanfic show also reused other assets as well
Is it really that surprising.

>I don't know how 3d models work
pleb if you look closely, it has the same details and pixels.

Tiny butts count as booty?

You've made this argument so many times that it becomes fucking annoying

Even if he did it wouldn't make a difference to me.

You're over here saying, "Ugh, Monty is such a hack"

I like Rwby, and some retard on Sup Forums isn't going to change my mind.

I hope the ghost of Monty diddles your anus while you sleep.

>he can't negate my arguments
just proves that I'm right

I'm saying it's annoying to see redditors praising something that shouldn't have any merit at all.

only children like rwby

Why do you care about being right? What are you trying to prove?

You're wasting your time. You came to a Rwby thread and basically just started shitting on things.

Do you literally have nothing better to do?

Have you ever noticed that nobody cares. I'm not debating the stupid hair parts or a fucking boot strap because it's really autistic to even notice that

Dude no one cares if you're "right", fuck off.

psst
don't feed the trolls

all of your tears are so delicious.
not only am I right, but I just proved you people have shit tastes and know for a fact rwby doesn't belong on Sup Forums.

>I have an opinion therefore it's a fact
>I showed you charts therefore I'm right

>I showed you evidence therefore I'm right
speaks for itself huh?

Two pictures that look similar doesn't equate to "evidence"

if you know 3d modeling, you can clearly see the mesh was stolen rather than recreated into something original or used as reference.

but I doubt you know what I'm saying because like I said, you're pleb with no knowledge.

How about siting some academic sources instead of playing a picture match up game?

Otherwise fuck off.

holy shit this nigga

thank god you're not outside of Sup Forums
christ all mighty rwbyfags are retarded aspies.