Why wasn't this a huge success?

Why wasn't this a huge success?

And where the frick can I watch it, I just realized it wasn't a fever dream from my childhood

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cn3k7GDfWes
youtube.com/watch?v=4AspVqBi9Ew
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The book’s better.

wasn't the book just a well illustrated guide to the world, without an actual story?

>I just realized it wasn't a fever dream from my childhood
I remember feeling this way about it too. I finally saw it one time at a Blockbuster with my sister. We watched the thing. It was so long that it was on two DVDs if I recall. First time I ever saw a film like that.

Because it was cheaply made, and terribly acted

A stupid premise with bad execution

It has a story, but true, the focus is definetly on the brilliant pictures and the world building.
That’s what makes it so good.
Also there are two more books if I remember correctly.

no. There were stories i remember one involving a giant mechanical trilobytes

I remember watching this on TV when it came out and loved it. Watched it again a few years ago and it didn't hold up well, acting, writing and pacing were all pretty bad.

That being said a Dinotopia movie would be great. Especially if they keep the Victorian/ Balkan aesthetic of the original.

that was one of the books, but there was definitely several series

my new aesthetic

That was the second illustrated book. Still have it at my parents house.

>that tagline
Times when critics were wrong?

fpbp

>implying Spider-man 1 and Star Wars 2 are better than dinotopia

>"Move over (popular movies from this year)"

WAKE UP PEOPLE! DINOSAURS ARE NOT AND NEVER HAVE BEEN REAL! ALL "EVIDENCE WAS FABRICATED TO BREAK OUR FAITH IN THE ALMIGHTY!

no no no noo noooo
HHAHAHAAHA

youtube.com/watch?v=cn3k7GDfWes
I found it on youtube and for some reason its not in English and the lord of the rings song is playing?

Lol, forgot the guy from Prison Break is in it.

Is that fucking Darth Maul in the background?

lol, the Alien is in the corner as well.

that's saturday afternoon-kino

Yes, George Lucas was aware of the Chitauri form and tried to warn us by basing Darth Maul after them

>Why wasn't this a huge success?
>Hallmark movie

HMMMMMMM

man this realy isn't as good as I remember, still comfy though.
>plane crashes in the middle of the ocean
>get to land
>"we should've just stayed with the plane!!!!"

>Literally not seen this post till now
I was thinking about this on the way back home, someone help me, am i this Sup Forums?

youtube.com/watch?v=4AspVqBi9Ew
in case anyone wants to get comfy wit me

If they did it today the plot would be awful but they'd spend a billion dollars on CGI and all the actors would be black.

so? it would conveniently explain the lack of technology

Hahahahaha you faggot hahahhahaah sunstone's amirite niyuggah? Hahahaha remember that gay ass cgi dino that could talk hahahahahHahah

don't talk shit about Dinotopia

luv the books

also follow me on twitter

Honestly I have lost my love for the book when I gradually began to notice that it depicts colored people and women in politically correct ways

go suck on your mom's cock

How are there two Dinotopias' in 2002

>childhood
>2002

>I'm old and posting on a kid's cartoon forum on a Saturday night
ok

>people from all over the world wash up one the shores
>Sup Forums is mad that they aren't all white, despite us not knowing where exactly dinotopia is located in the world
why am I not surprised

excuse me for not being 30 years old, with all my hopes and dreams unfulfilled

I don't want to find some examples from the book for you because reviewing the book with my perspective now would ruin my childhood experience. But if there are things that we complain all day they were all there in the book and those paintings. I just stop wanting to see that book that's all.

"MUH FICTIONIAL DINOSAUR ISLAND WITH AN ISOLATED CULTURE DOESN'T PORTRAY BLACK PEOPLE THE WAY I WANT THEM TO!!" you are such an idiot, I hope you rethink your values and stop being such a whiny baby

Are you a Parking enforcement officer

it was a short series, there were 4

It's fine, you'll get there eventually.

My kid is asleep and my wife is watching Rogue One, I have an excuse to be shit posting. If you are so young and cool why are YOU here?

cause I got back from watching Thor with my friends and now its time to watch comfy movies from 2002
also
>shitposting while you could be fucking your wife while simultaneously watching rogue one while your child looks on in respect for his pop
sad!

>dinotopia
>dinosaurs don't have feathers

>feather pleb

>not wanting to be surrounded by cuddly giant birbs
scalefag

>feathers
WE GOT A LANDFAG OVER HERE BOYS

>what if this is the ultimate test from the god, only the few who see the true message through the moronic and extremely unconvincing execution are accepted into paradise

its not the craziest idea out there