Verdict? I haven't read any of these books yet?

Verdict? I haven't read any of these books yet?

Ah fuck, I forgot about this

pretty good across the board

Shade is the best
Doom Patrol is weird as fuck
Cave Carson is good
Mother Panic is the weakest so far but it's still good

They're all good. Way's taking his sweet time on Doom Patrol though. My favorite title is Mother Panic.

Pretty much this. I hope DC is okay with the very low sales that are happening now. Shade, despite being great, is down to ~13K

seems like Young Animal is for DC's larger push into the trade market

I certainly hope so. Modern Vertigo titles only hit ~5K each month, and were kept alive for at least 18 issues (Clean Room, Unfollow)

>Verdict?
The only one I stuck with was Mother Panic. The others seemed mostly weird just for the sake of being weird which just wasn't my bag.

Shade has had a fantastic start
the rest are kinda boring besides Scioli's back-ups

I'm sticking with Doom Patrol and dropping the rest

Why is Mother Panic so good?

It's not my favourite (Shade/DP) but it does have really good art, and seems to be filling a "dark revenge crime story" better than Batman or Detective Comics right now

All of the books on the imprint seem to be written for the trade anyway.

Not saying that's directly a bad thing or poorly handled either because each issue has a lot of detail packed into it that necessitates multiple readings.

I'm really glad it's working out as well as I'd hoped

Content-wise, they're pretty good overall. My list from best to worst is:

Doom Patrol
Shade
Cave Carson
Mother Panic (still decent at worst)

The sales are really slowing down, but it's an imprint. I'm hoping that can save them from cancellation and also the fact that they seem to be made for the trade format. I'm pulling all four from my LCS for support.

Shade 7 and 8 at least sound lie they going to be solo issues. The first six have at least set up a good understanding. I'm actually reading Milligan Shade right now and boy are there details that Loma would have loved to know about the M-vest (aka why she can't seem to go home)

I'm loving doom patrol
Mother panic bored me
Haven't tried the other two yet

Shade and Doom Patrol are amazing. Shade is probably my favourite book right now.

They're all good so far. Only plebs dislike Mother Panic and Cave Carson

Can't wait for Mike Allred's Bug

>I only read cave carson for the super powers back up
How often have you seen this meme?

Cave Carson is bad and ugly

I mean, I'm not gonna try and sway you, but I think the art is pretty stylish and neat (the colors, at least, pull everything together). The panel composition is fucking great. I'm personally liking the fact that Cave is a character with little to no legacy to fuck up. I'm digging the whole "retired family of famous explorers" thing. Reminds me a little of Venture Bros. There's a lot of fun potential there

It plays with much in vein of being Batwoman but without reminding everyone SHE IS GAY, don'tcha know? nearly every chance it gets.

Is Mother Panic the only book DC are releasing not based on a pre-existing character right now?

They have quietly implied that when very drunk, Violet might play with both sides

She's basically Batman except she killed her own dad for trying to pimp out her crazy mother

I'm loving every single one of the books.

Also, Batman and Batwoman do make appearances, and she is likely experiencing the onset of schizophrenia

who doesn't

Well, what the hell is your definition of "pre-existing?" You have Mother Panic, which is brand new and introduced in Young Animal. Doom Patrol is headlined by a brand new character introduced in Young Animal. You have New Super-Man, who is also brand new and introduced in Rebirth. Half of both Green Lanterns (Jessica) and Super Sons (Jon) were characters introduced the past year. Gotham Academy was introduced a little over a year ago. You have Clean Room, Unfollow and Red Thorn at Vertigo.

I'm not the biggest fan of Cave yet, but that two page scene last week with the cell phone was fantastic. I'm trying to post the picture, but I keep getting an upload error

image posting is down site-wide

Oh, I had no idea. I don't notice most of the changes here, except for the recent change to the archive only being viewable for the past three days

All worth reading

Doom Patrol>Shade>Cave>Mother Panic

If I had to choose.

I'd rank them:

Shade>Mother Panic>Doom Patrol>Cave Carson

I've continued picking up issues of all of them except Cave Carson, because I cannot stand that fucking art.

I really like the Cave artstyle. It really fits with the kind of psychedelic/James Bond feel the series is going for.

this
but I keep picking up Cave for the back-ups but they're ending soon right?

They're all amazing but nobody is buying so you should collect them because nobody will have them in 40 years

DP and Shade are easily the best of the line.

Cave started good but is mired by poor plot progression and pacing, and Oeming's tendency to favour flashy spreads and gimmicky storytelling tricks over story flow and solid world-rendering. I'm a bit biased there though, I just fucking despise his cartooning style.

I only read Mother Panic's first issue and couldn't care less for it. Might jump back on for JPL's arc

Not keen on the Allreds either so might pass on Bug.

If they ever interact again, I would not be surprised to learn if Kate and Violet had screwed once during Kate's playgirl days (same social circles)