>Written by Lauren Zuke

youtu.be/Z5WPN3ibJMQ

Let's see where this goes. Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Let's see where this goes
character assassination

it's not like she had much to work with. ronaldo's a shit character.

> it's a "straw man for people writer doesn't like" episode

>Wait a second...YOU'RE A NIG-
How did they get that past the censors?

>Discuss.

Discuss it in your containment thread.

>They hate man
>Don't say rock people in offensive

So Zuke made Ronaldo even more a fedora tier guy, because people who disagree with me are the antagonist and always no having life losers

>written by Lauren zuke
I can't believe I used to call her zuke the Duke. Now she just makes me wanna puke.

Her season 2 stuff was pretty good. Everything after that was shit.

Saaaaay "Rock People"

>dont call them rock people, thats offensive

ill call dem mineral monkeys however i want!

>it's a liberal moral episode
>with Ronaldo in it
>Plus Steven is acting all self insert and righteous again
>and like the shit stain on top, written by the Zuke

Fuck me. This is why I can never enjoy this stupid fucking show.

Why is Sup Forums so easily triggered?

>the comment section
>tumblrinas saying Gems are a race and Ronaldo is racist

"And then he said the r Word, like full on hard -ck"

Please from what game is that gif?

well im still going to hope for the best

its weird, i didnt think shed be such a baby, all her tweets and shit made her look like a fun person besides, her amethyst made my dick hard

oh well i guess anybody can be an idiot

Same thing happened when Steven's uncle was introduced. Tumblr went crazy.

Looking forward to another gem from God-Tier Zuke.

>Tiger Philantropist is gonna be a lamar episode

Ikr. They are a species. Which makes him speciecist. Or just a xenophobe, I guess.

The fact that he's even referring to them as "people" is quite generous in my onion

checked

Can someone catch me up on the zuke thing? I'm seeing it everywhere and have no idea what happened. What did they do?

does onion have any empathy at all?

Is it weird i like that amethyst design better?

>they

anyhow, she basically got all pissy at sugar cuz becky didnt want to writer her autistic shipping into the show

then zuke called sugar an intolerant meanie or some shit like that, those details are still cloudy for me, the main problem is that sugar didnt want none of dat lapidot shit no more

Tried to push Lapidot ship into the show way too much ( she started as a fan), and was overall very hard to work with.

She basically injected even more Tumblr in Steven Universe

Yes, he had some wierd vacation friends satanic cult, remeber?

>weird

its only natural senpai, say what you want about zuke puke, but her amy was top tier

>She basically injected even more Tumblr in Steven Universe

The show has been this gay from the start idk what you are talking about.

She drew this aberration

What is with Stevens body language? Why is he walking like a queer?

>more

i dont know you guys, but i think trumpy should lift the immigration ban on homeworld and allow more gemfugees in, its the right thing to do

youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ

KEK
TRUMPY'S GONNA BUILD THE SPACE WALL AND HOMEWARD WILL PAY FOR IT

every thread huh

Place your bets folks! How is she going to shoehorn lapidot in this episode?

very queer-coded, noice

Most cringey possibility:

>Steven brings Ronaldo to the barn to sure gems aren't bad
>Lapis and Peridot take up half of the episode with cutesy shipping shit
>It's interspersed with Ronaldo making straw man arguments about feminism but applied to gems
>Ends with just running off spouting conspiracy theory shit while the Lapis and Peridot agreeing he's stupid
>Nothing is accomplished by the end of the episode but Zuke being able to act out her Lapidot fantasies

>ronaldo loses gf for no reason
>never follow up on it
>zuke goes off the deep end
Also this.

From what i seen in the leaksSteven is gonna try to teach Ronaldo about being a Crystal gem and he missundertud everything, so maybe this is going to be about cultural appropriation

>cultural appropriation
You don't even know what that means, do you?

>Ronaldo tries to be a crystal gem he fails while offending Steven and probably the rest of the gems without knowing what's he doing wrong
Tumblr is going call it cultural appropriation, they already did it in Avatar

>cultural appropriation

I don't think that word means exactly what you think it means

No Zuke is an just angry child that needs her opinions about others to be part of the show. Unfortunately shes the person least qualified to be putting words in the mouths of characters.

>its an episode on racism
>except gems are legit dangerous and anyone with two braincells know he should get away from them

That episode where fucking peridot and lapis do the car wash is good enough proof.

and, nottin happened

>Ronaldo, the human who pretty much predicted the Diamond Authority and The Zoo seasons before it was revealed
>Doesn't know what the fuck a Gem is

Zuke, how could you fuck a character up so horribly in literally less than two minutes?

Rude.

This made me dislike her even more buut I think its a bit unfair to pin all the blame on her
Doesnt rebecca oversea all these episodes still? She'd had to have approved this right?

Do you mean that they said Avatar the show was appropriating real world cultures, or are you talking about the part in the comics when Aang's fangirl club started adopting random pieces of airbender culture without understanding the significance behind them and Aang got butthurt over it?

The comic part, tumblr really got mad about it and make endless rant about how Aang should have never created the Air acolytes because is normalizing cultural appropiation other people were chill and said it's okay because Aang is teaching them their way which i think is right

>Sup Forums getting this triggered by a show they don't even watch
>no one who actually watches cares what Ronaldo says

>"but this anti-racism strawman is offensive to me"
>"how dare they attempt to teach kids basic moral like how racism and stereotyping is wrong"

As someone who takes children's cartoon's way too seriously, I must say you people take this shit way too seriously and for all the wrong reasons

>>no one who actually watches cares what Ronaldo says

I care. I like Ronaldo's character a lot, actually. He's one of the better townies.

Huh. I'd have thought they'd be on Aang's side considering he was initially very pissed and insisted the acolytes weren't allowed to do any of it unless they very specifically did it his way. Seemed like that'd be relateable behavior for them, but I guess I can see how they'd twist it around to stay offended on someone else's behalf.

Yeah, but it was the minority most people just think that if Aang say it's right because he's teaching them, then there is fine for them

He's got a point actually. He doesn't hate the crystal gems he hates the homeworld gems for invading the earth. How is he the bad guy here?

I'm not going to watch the episode because it's filler but this seems like it's going to be a train wreck, and it's going to fuel Sup Forums posters who never watched the show into thinking every episode is like this.

I wonder if she ever might've tried that tactic where you throw a whole bunch of crazy over the top bullshit that you know will never get approved that you don't even really want to go through at your supervisor, and then the two of you haggle it down gradually until you reach a "compromise" where you end up sneaking through the one somewhat less racey thing you wanted to pass in the first place but knew would get discarded immediately if it was presented by itself. I hear lots of entertainers do this all the time to get things to pass through censors with television and film. Like here Zuke could have started with Ronaldo straight out trying to lynch the gems and had it progressively toned down from there.

>Ronaldo repeats he considers gems different from rock people
>Steven insists on convincing him that rock people are gems
Steven needs to shut his fucking rock person mouth

>haha we made an episode about a racist white man, now one about racial immigration
>take that Trump!
>studio door swings open
>its the Donald himself
>adjusts his tie and looks around the room
>"Ted just lost another poker game. Guess who owns your network now"
What happens next Sup Forums?

>Trump thinks its all about him

you do realize that production time on these episodes is like a year right?

Toonami replaces CN and weebs invade children networks?

Garnet's term as leader is over, and Trump's new gemsona runs for elections to decide the new Crystal Gem leader. He runs against Pearl, whose coldness and unfamiliarity with humanity isolates her from some of the voters.

Garnet and Steven vote for Pearl, Peridot, Amethyst and Lapis vote for the new gem. New gem wins.

Next episode: Steven leads a gem march against their new leader, while Greg and Connie bond over competitive eating

Screaming Sup Forums at everything that you disagree with doesn't work, particularly not on people who don't go there or like the board.

Ronaldo has never seemed particularly xenophobic. This is out of character to shoe horn in an idea by a shipper.

Shippers aren't people, need I remind you. They're coalesced masses of mold and fungus from unkempt bathrooms.

>hasn't seemed xenophobic

user in his first episode he kidnapped Steven because he thought Steven was a member of a race of Snake People attempting to control humanity

all he does is talk about evil alien conspiracies, that is pretty xenophobic

Because they're evil, not because they're alien.

He doesn't hate things that are different or strange. He runs a blog called "keep Beach city weird."

Ronaldo actually seems to be drawn to unusual stuff. Opposite of xenophobic.

He's a xenophiliac.

yup that is why he attempts to dissect Snake people and attempted to kick the Crystal Gems out of Beach City

liking weird things doesn't mean you are a xenophile, that's basically saying your not a racist because you like Mexican food

Oh, you can still be xenophiliac and prejudiced about it. I was only implying that he wants to fuck aliens. He fetishizes them.

He attempted to kick the crystal gems out of Beach city because he thought they were evil.

Likewise with the sneeple.

Neither necessitate being xenophobic.

Fetishising something isn't prejudice.

It's liking something a lot. Or sexually. Also a lot. Which isn't exactly a prejudice. It's a bias, but then again, so is liking something.

yeah sure it doesn't necessitate him being xenophobic but its not its some type of outlandish conclusion about his character based on his past actions

You're right, prejudice was the wrong word. I wanted to say racist, but was unsure if it properly applies to aliens.

I mean like when somebody negatively stereotypes and has strong misguided preconceived notions about a certain race, but still really wants to fuck people belonging to that race.

In this instance you are making a hasty generalization.

Especially when there is reason to believe he has positive feelings towards other non human races. There's nothing in his character to lead you to believe that he is xenophobic. Or even particularly a bad person. He actually really likes the crystal gems and even went on to say they did a good job protecting beach city. Not something I'd expect a xenophobe to say.

>nothing in his character
yea just like all of his actions

>or even particularly a bad person
I mean I don't like Lars but Ronaldo was a little quick to attempt to sacrifice him to a gem monster, also kidnapping

Notice how it's always the shitposters who can't see just how shitty these types of strawman episodes are, are always the ones who can't use the shift key.

The mark of subhuman trash or phone posters (who shouldn't even be considered human)

Another episode staring the best townie? Sounds okay to me.

To be fair i think the "They hate men?!" bit is supposed to be a joke referencing the online people that passionately believe the show is feminist propaganda and that they don't have male gems because, well, they hate men

Because without a meta subtext ot doesn't make sense

Remember when Steven unironically made Ronaldo lose his gf when Ronaldo was only trying to help him as a friend, and then Steven and no one else cared?

That wasn't a dream Sup Forums, that was an actual Steven Universe episode.

I genuinely don't remember what caused that. I tend to just forget townie episodes.

He was having Ronaldo "date" Kiki because their dads were feuding. It was okay for a townie episode.

Restaurant wars, Ronaldo and Kiki had to pretend they were lovers to stop the conflict and Ronaldo's gf happened to pass by just at that moment and she thought he was cheating on her

Comedy, dude

You'd think the Crystal gems would have a talk to Steven or better yet, REACH THAT STUPID GIRL AND MAKE HER LISTEN AND EXPLAIN HER CONTEXT!

Is this Lauren Zuke really THIS BAD?.

Comedy doesn't need to have characters acting insanely OOC to be funny. Steven is the biggest emotional pussy who sheds tears at the sight of a wilted daffodil. Him ruining Ronaldo's relationship and acting like a stone cold motherfucker during the aftermath was pretty ridiculous.

>Crystal gems understanding anything about human relationships
What cartoon are you watching? Not even the Maid of Love has any clue about teenagers.

your over thinking what was a throw away comedy episode

Its not like anyone even knew Jane's name until then, for all you know they could have been dating for 2 days and would have broken up in a week anyway

Restaurant Wars was a Lamar episode not a Zuke episode, we can't just blame her for everything

>You'd think the Crystal gems would have a talk to Steven or better yet, REACH THAT STUPID GIRL AND MAKE HER LISTEN AND EXPLAIN HER CONTEXT!
Why would the Crystal Gems give a shit.

Let Zuke have her strawman of the week. Hopefully the writers will just ignore this shit happened in any future Ronaldo episodes.

did they change ronaldos voice?

Hopefully his VA didn't stand for the character assassination and resigned.

well Ronaldo and Jane do get back together, just that it happens offscreen on Ronaldo's blog/tumblr

some people take Steven's non-reaction as evidence that he doesn't like Ronaldo very much due to his interactions with him in previous episodes

None of his actions were particularly xenophobic either.

You didn't list any examples of him being xenophobic user, and I gave examples proving the opposite.

>Kidnapping Lars
In fairness we could sit here all night and find some pretty damning shit about every character on SU. Steven included. Though we might have to include Stevonnie...And despite the mistakes, they're mostly OK people, yes, Ronaldo included.

Either way, that's not the point now is it?
It was Ronaldo being a "Xenophobe."

And I'm not convinced. This is all out of left field to be honest.

See: ()

Will this be better or worse than Sugar trying to make Kevin out to be the biggest piece of shit when he actually did nothing wrong?

its like your trying to make determinations of about how gems work and how much damage they can take but your using Kindergarten Kid as your main reference

Your just over thinking something that is being played up for comedy, if you wanna say it was a bad episode for doing that fine but honestly it just doesn't matter much

>Sugar
its really not hard to look up who worked on an episode user

and yeah probably about the same because that was also a Zuke episode