What was the point of this character?

What was the point of this character?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lh9AdU3Dw4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

she's their data

Two reasons, contrast and support Janeways character, and the second reason is the same reason why that character isn't a male or unattractive female.

As it says on the tin. Kes replacement.

Why they didn't use the opportunity to replace Neelix as well is anyone's guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lh9AdU3Dw4Q

milkies

So she can provide the crew with Synthasised Milk

BIG character developments

That was the doctor

The Doctor was their Beverly

Only in profession

It was a pretty blatant attempt at boosting flagging ratings. It worked for a season, but then they started to dip again.

Fun fact: She was supposed to replace Ensign Kim, not Kes, but TV Guide rated Garret Wang as sexiest man on TV that year so the producers decided to cut Kes and keep Kim

since I have you guys here, what the fuck did they make her wear to get that kind of boney and rib shape effect along her stomach and pelvis?

Or was Jerry Ryan back in the day, tits aside, just a walking skellington?

Corsetting, lots of it.
That costume was, as I've read, a nightmare. She passed out repeatedly while wearing it.

The idea was that it was a healing suit or something. So the ribbing made it seem like it had a function and wasn't just a sex skin

Why is everyone hating on Harry Kim? Half the crew on that ship was bland and worthy of getting a big titted half-alien replacement.

>She passed out repeatedly while wearing it.
Dear Diary....

When I was a kid, Harry was my favourite character, but looking back, he was a total whiny bitch.
How many times did he fall in love with an alien or hologram or something?
He was always the bitch of every scenario.

Also, apparently Garret is too. He supposedly went to Kate Mulgrew to complain about how his character isn't being promoted. That's pretty adorable, actually

You mean 36 of D? The replacement for Kes.

boobies!! that was the point

>he doesn't understand bra measurements

made him a more interesting character than Indian Chief, generic Vulcan and Mrs. Anger-Issues in charge of the warp core

I liked Tuvok actually.
The actor did a great job of showing how fucking angry he was all the time but still in total control.
He was a underutilized character

>Oh we're gonna need a liaison now that we're working with the borg
>okay, well just at random here take this TALL BIG TITTIED BLONDE!
>oh and she can't wear a regular uniform, she'll have to wear a GLISTENING SKIN TIGHT UNITARD to show off every curve oh and remove most of her borg implants so as not to distract from her MODEL GOOD LOOKS

100% agree. First thought was "lol, a nigger Vulcan. This is gonna be shit." but he was actually great. Possibly best Vulcan character in a series other than Spock.

Eye candy to boost ratings

To get Obama elected president.

Reminder that Jeri Ryan was sexually abused by her husband for years